RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-08-2015, 12:00 PM   #1
mikey
I'm a girl

I am currently:
*Positive Recovery Post* - Weight issues

I have had an eating disorder for a very long time. However, at the moment my eating is as 'normal' as it's ever been and this makes me feel good.

I weighed myself this morning and I was shocked. I am still extremely underweight and I was very surprised. I honestly feel like I am eating so much and like my weight is on the low side, but normal. It's not even close. I don't know what to do. I don't think it's physically possible for me to eat more.

Any advice/tips pretty please?

There are, it has been said, two types of people in the world. There are those who, when presented with a glass that is exactly half full, say: 'This glass is half full'. And then there are those who say: 'This glass is half empty'.
The world belongs, however, to those who can look at the glass and say: 'What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!

Terry Pratchett

mikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 12:51 PM   #2
when.will.it.end
{Katie}

I am currently:

Would calorific drinks be easier?

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful,
committed citizens can change the world;
its the only thing that ever does.

when.will.it.end is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 03:04 PM   #3
mikey
I'm a girl

I am currently:

Thanks,

In one way it would, but I think I'd have trouble taking in calories just for the sake of it - like, at the moment, I eat fairly healthily and do also eat treats that I enjoy so I can justify the calories to myself. But drinks with loads of empty calories would be a real struggle I think, and I'm not sure I'd drink them.

There are, it has been said, two types of people in the world. There are those who, when presented with a glass that is exactly half full, say: 'This glass is half full'. And then there are those who say: 'This glass is half empty'.
The world belongs, however, to those who can look at the glass and say: 'What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!

Terry Pratchett

Old 10-08-2015, 03:07 PM   #4
Unbreakable.
We can try. We can always try.

I am currently:

How about fruit smoothies?

the sun

the moon

the truth

Unbreakable. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 03:10 PM   #5
mikey
I'm a girl

I am currently:

That's a good idea! That could definitely work!
They are expensive though so I'm not sure that on their own they'd make enough of a difference.

Terry Pratchett

Old 10-08-2015, 03:15 PM   #6
Unbreakable.

I am currently:

Some discounters sell them for a reasonable price.
Here in Germany I get them from LIDL and they are cheap and tasty!
Nuts are a good calorie dense food too.

Also, gaining weight can take a while. My boyfriend took roughly two years to get to a healthy weight when he recovered from anorexia.

the sun

the moon

the truth

Old 10-08-2015, 04:19 PM   #7
tiptoes
Forum Mod

I am currently:

I find it easier to make each thing I eat slightly bigger so that none of the changes in themselves are that significant but together can make quite a difference.

E.g adding nuts and/or fruit to cereal.

In my dreams I slew the dragon

tiptoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2015, 06:15 AM   #8
Ash*

I am currently:

Hi ��

Just want to jump in and say you're doing a fabulous job. I think the adding something small as an extra to each meal or one meal at a time sounds like a safe way to help without being too overwhelming.

xx

"Watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it."

Ash* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2015, 08:13 AM   #9
marimar

Hi, hope you're doing fine. Just read your post and it reminded me of myself so much. Just wanred to say that it's your subjective feeling that you cant possible eat more and thats partly anorexia talking. Apart from the ideas mentioned in posts above, do you have a food diary? Try writing everything you eat in it (including quantity) and show it to your doctor (if you have it) or friend/family member who can tell you if the quantities are really ok. As I said, I also thought the same and when I showed the list to my doctor few months ago along with the calories I thought it all had, she actually said I wad overestimating it by far. Not suggesting you're doing the same but might be something to consider.

marimar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2015, 04:05 PM   #10
shadow-light
He was no dragon. Fire cannot kill a dragon

I am currently:

not sure if this is right advise, but people have already suggested all I can think of.... maybe your body just needs a little more time of you eating better for it to have an effect?

shadow-light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2015, 08:09 PM   #11
mikey
I'm a girl

I am currently:

Thanks so much for all the support and advice.
I'm going to be honest: I'm struggling. Everytime I eat something extra I subconsciously compensate for it at my next meal. Physically I can eat more but my head won't let me.
I've quit smoking though so maybe that will put a few kg on me?
I don't really want to keep a food diary because I used to do that when I was ill and so it has bad associations for me, but other people tell me I don't eat enough. I think they're lying.
I'm so ambivalent about this. I love the rush of losing weight but I know how bad it is for me and how quickly it gets out of control.

I just wish eating was easy.

Terry Pratchett

Old 23-08-2015, 08:28 PM   #12
Unbreakable.

I am currently:

Smoking might make eating easier because it helps you have a normal appetite and also increases smelling and tasting, thus eating is a more pleasant experience.

What type of support do you have and have you discussed this with them?

the sun

the moon

the truth

Old 23-08-2015, 08:34 PM   #13
mikey
I'm a girl

I am currently:

I've been discussing it with both my CPN and my psychologist, but I'm actually worried that focussing on it is making it worse.

Terry Pratchett

Old 23-08-2015, 08:50 PM   #14
Unbreakable.

I am currently:

It might be a good idea to let them know that you worry about that.

the sun

the moon

the truth

Old 25-08-2015, 08:16 PM   #15
mikey
I'm a girl

I am currently:

Thanks. I had a very frank discussion with my CPN and my mum and the scales are being hidden. I also explained that constant comments about my weight and eating reinforce the anorexia so hopefully that will stop now too.

I just want to be relaxed around food and my weight and that is what I am going to aim towards :)

Terry Pratchett

Old 25-08-2015, 09:14 PM   #16
Unbreakable.

I am currently:

Well done :)

the sun

the moon

the truth

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)