RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-02-2013, 07:14 PM   #1
Carla_x
Velociraptor

I am currently:
Throwing up 1st time

Not really sure why I'm posting but feel like this is the best place to vent. Last night I made myself sick for the first time. I don't know what made me, I just felt gross after eating chocolate and it felt amazing to be able to just get rid of it. I decided not to do it again.

I'm at work and feeling that horrible fat feeling again and had the urge to go make myself throw up.

I really don't want to end up down a slippery slope as I'm already obsessed with how I look and what people think of how I look and I have bad self esteem issues. I plan to start working out tomorrow onwards it's just resisting this urge :/

Watch the sunrise all alone
Sitting on the tracks
Hear the train come roaring in
Never coming back

Laying quiet in the grass
Everything is still
River stones and broken bones
Scattered on the hill

Carla_x is offline   Reply With Quote
One Hug Given By:
Old 12-02-2013, 10:04 PM   #2
purple is a fruit

I am currently:

Hey Mate,
First off - Velociraptor - coolest dinosaur!!!

I guess you should really know that vomiting doesn't usually lead to weight loss - I've just come out of an ED treatment facility and the girls who purged were usually of a normal weight. There are obviously lots of different experiences and i hope saying that doesn't upset any one on here because that's not what I meant to do, rather I hoped that it will help you to think before you purge because it's NOT a weight loss technique, you're right it's a slippery slope. Purging is an ABSOLUTE nightmare, developing it as a habit is horrible and really hard to over come once you start it.

Purging can lead to tooth damage, electrolyte imbalance (abnormal salts in the blood) which can lead to a range of things including heart arrhythmia. It makes you feel tired and it will often be associated with binging as well because after you vomit you become hungry and therefore want to eat again.

That's just a really brief over view of purging, that said just telling you not to purge is not a solution. The fact is that you feel so bad about your body that you think you need to, or that you need to exercise (another form of compensation). Please talk to your GP about what's happening. You're right there is a slippery slope into an eating disorder and it's god damn hard to climb out the other side, PLEASE get on top of it now

PM me if you have any questions at all - more that happy to answer them :)
Hugs

Of course it's happening inside your head Harry, but why on earth should that mean it's not real?

~Albus Dumbledore

purple is a fruit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2013, 06:38 AM   #3
[LittleMonster]
Kate.

I am currently:

I have a lot of problems from purging... Part of my tooth even broke off and having constant stomach and other problems is not fun.
Please stop whilst you still can

[LittleMonster] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2013, 12:38 PM   #4
shadow-light
He was no dragon. Fire cannot kill a dragon

I am currently:

basically what the last 2 people said. Purging is very dangerous, and as odd as this may sound kind of addictive... the longer you do it for the harder it is to stop, so really if you can you need to try to stop this now before it becomes too engranged

shadow-light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2013, 06:24 PM   #5
Carla_x
Velociraptor

I am currently:

I managed to ignore the feeling at work and getting these replies was really helpful. I know I'm not going to do it again, put it down to a silly moment. Thanks guys, really appreciate it.

Watch the sunrise all alone
Sitting on the tracks
Hear the train come roaring in
Never coming back

Laying quiet in the grass
Everything is still
River stones and broken bones
Scattered on the hill

Carla_x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2013, 10:52 PM   #6
Elmer
Patchwork Elephant

I am currently:

I'm glad you're not going to do it again, and well done for overcoming that feeling. Keep going. =)

'It's an impossible choice ... I'll just have to hope that when I flip the coin it somehow explodes and kills me.'

"You're not scared of climbing mountains. You're scared that you can't make them move."

Jenna was here :P

Elmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2013, 01:19 AM   #7
[LittleMonster]
Kate.

I am currently:

Well done ♥

[LittleMonster] is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)