RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 31-07-2016, 04:41 PM   #1
sphade

I am currently:
Why can't I meet other young people; being that I am young as well?

Hell I am new here and I didn't want to make this post but I need life advice. Here is my rant...
- Just because I may have lived my life in such a way that I was always associated with older people, why does that cause me to not have opportunities meeting young people who are of my generation?

You might think, just go out there and meet people.. But where are they?
If I stumble on facebook profiles of people I don't know, people that even like the same posts that I do..can I just add them as a friend?
I can't really because I haven't been associated with them in some way, it would be seen as "weird". But why can't I have the chance to be associated with them? There seems to be a certain emptiness in life this way.

Why should the only way of meeting people be through activities..joining clubs..hobbies..? I see myself meeting only a very limited range of people this way and you don't always need to have similar interests with someone to have a friendship with them.

If there's something I'm not seeing, please wake me up.

sphade is offline   Reply With Quote
One Hug Given By:
Old 31-07-2016, 04:46 PM   #2
sphade

I am currently:

I should also mention that I do NOT enjoy going to bars, nightclubs and nightlife in general.

Old 31-07-2016, 07:44 PM   #3
shadow-light
He was no dragon. Fire cannot kill a dragon

I am currently:

I'm not sure, I always thopught/felt that osome level of comon ground is needed for friendships. I've met basically all my friends through hobbies or education or some commonality, and then from them met their friends and so on.
I also hate bars, nightclubs, etc, so can relate there. But ye, other than finding something that you enjoy and meeting peopole though that I am not sure what advice can be said. As for where all the people are, well I assume that tyhey are partaking in hobbies, or are in bars... unfortunately thats the only way to meet people really, to go to where they are. You can make friends online as well, but sometimes having friends who you can physically see can help more with the lonely empty feeling, not sure if explaining myself properly here lol

shadow-light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2016, 08:26 PM   #4
SaintGrimm
Dr Mario taught me that Self Medication is the Key

I am currently:

It's not weird to add random people on facebook (well sometimes it is, at least have mutual friends lol) - I've met some of my best friends that way!

Search facebook for groups that would include your generation and request to join it (if its private, if its public just join), and meet people through groups that way.

Yahoo messenger used to have different chat rooms for different age groups I think, not sure if it still does, but if not, there's plenty of chat rooms online that will have chatrooms for different ages.

Last edited by SaintGrimm : 31-07-2016 at 08:39 PM.

SaintGrimm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2016, 10:54 PM   #5
sphade

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintGrimm View Post
It's not weird to add random people on facebook (well sometimes it is, at least have mutual friends lol) - I've met some of my best friends that way!

Search facebook for groups that would include your generation and request to join it (if its private, if its public just join), and meet people through groups that way.

Yahoo messenger used to have different chat rooms for different age groups I think, not sure if it still does, but if not, there's plenty of chat rooms online that will have chatrooms for different ages.
interesting advice, sometimes I look at people smiling and enjoying themselves and I think I am missing out since I'm not sure what is right or what is good for me. I won't try to meet random people though because I think the main problem is actually a lack of self connection. That's why I will try and take some time to find new hobbies, build more self worth and find happiness alone (before I find myself possibly either 1. going crazy or 2. finding friendship)

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)