RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-03-2008, 07:21 PM   #1
adamlives22

Who were/are you in school?

When i went into counselling late last i was suprised to find how much I talked about my experiences in school. When I at my all time low last year all the bad things that happened to me in school didn't even cross my mind. More it was the there and now. I seriously thought I was over school but I guess I was wrong. I was your typical nerd who everyone at least once threw insults at and make sure i felt terrible. The worst bullying I received was from actually from my 'friends' who were just as bigger losers as me that they took out all their frustration on me. I put up with it because there was absolutly no way I could survive on my own.
Once it was all over I was ready to move on and didn't see any one from school again. I seriously thought it was all in the past but I was wrong. Now I'm trying to face those events so I can move on proper.
So what was school like for you (or how is it going now?)?

adamlives22 is offline   Reply With Quote
3 Hugs Given By :
Old 11-03-2008, 09:33 PM   #2
tootsieroll

I am currently:

school was interesting for me. i was one of the biggest band nerds in our band, it was my life when i was in school. i didn't really have friends outside of band, and all of the band kids always joked around and made fun of eachother and our director. it was all fun and games.

Love is patient and kind. love is not jealous or boastful or proud or rude. love does not demand its own way. love is not irritable, and it keeps no record of when it has been wronged. it is never glad about injustice but rejoicies whenever the truth wins out.
Damaged people are dangerous. They know they can survive. –Josephine Hart, Damage

tootsieroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 10:40 AM   #3
shadow-light
He was no dragon. Fire cannot kill a dragon

I am currently:

hmm... I hated school... I was beaten up all though primary school (sounds odd with my being female doesn't it?) and teased/bullied/beaten through the first half of secondary... didn't fully stop until I got to college, though once I got there I did start to hang about with the goths, so perhaps people were just scared to pick on me? lol. at college we just had the general sub-culture wars, but no real bullying... now I'm at uni and nothing has occured as yet, though I am always fairly paranoid about people whispering around me and laughing and stuff thinking it's at me :/ I guess I'm not over it all yet...

shadow-light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 11:54 AM   #4
adamlives22

yeah, nobody picked on me in college. in fact everybody left me alone and that was the trouble really because i made no attempt to meet people myself, i thought they'd come to me.
But why would they?

adamlives22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 07:33 PM   #5
*Scarlett*
R.I.P Mum

I am currently:

I don't really know how to explain school. Primary school was ok. Got on with most people. At high school I was bullied a couple of times to an extent that I would say has affected me. Year 10 was pretty bad. I fell out with my best friend and she turned againest me and got a group of girls to do the same. Year 11 karma got her back. Her group fell out with her and she pretty much dropped out of school even though no-one actually picked on her.

I loved somethings about school and hated others. Sometimes it was the only place i wanted to be and at other times i didn't want to be anywhere near it.

Last edited by *Scarlett* : 23-03-2008 at 12:39 AM.
*Scarlett* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 07:37 PM   #6
Detour. Derail
~* Formerly Voice Of Reason*~

I am currently:

Primary school-I was happy..moved schools-got bullied badly for not being "as pretty" (basically i had brown hair and they had blonde hair :/) then moved back to my old primary

Secondary school-Was fine-didnt get bullied, had to move house AND school coz of my brother in year 11...didnt get bullied but completely withdrew into myself.

yeh...its safe to safe i now HATE moving or change....It makes me panic...

...&& the cracks begin to show...
**Lex**

Detour. Derail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 09:57 PM   #7
my inner battle

I am currently:

im the 'goth' the 'cutter' the 'self harmer' the '**** up' the 'freak'

it really annoys me bacuse all people see is my scars and the way i look and run a mile .

people are so judgemental =/

my inner battle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 10:01 PM   #8
*..life in pain..*
Irene

I am currently:

Im still at school. Im not bullied, just my classmates make fun of me. They say things that annoy me and im too shy to say something back. They also talk about my appearance. Im not popular at all.

My RYL family:
I-used-to-be-positive is my big sister razorxkissedxwrists is my mommy alyssa.star is my sister phoenixflames_forever is my cousin concreteangel, helpmydeath, xxbeckyxx and queer fringe are my little sisters bob--says--hi is my twin

pm me anytime

*..life in pain..* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2008, 07:49 PM   #9
Life and Lies
..::Kate::..

I am currently:

im currently being sexually harassed by two guys in my class, everyone looks at the scars and treats me like ****

but i still like school, because its the one place i can be alone without comment and i get good marks and grades most of the time

Change has a considerable psychological impact on the human mind.
To the fearful it is threatening because it means that things may get worse.
To the confident it is inspiring because the challenge exists to make things better.
To the hopeful it is encouraging because things may get better.

Life and Lies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2008, 03:01 AM   #10
ThisVanity
Happiness...More or Less...

I am currently:

I was bullied mercilessly for two years when I moved to secondary school. It felt like my entire year was against me and the ring leaders were all in my class. Most of the girls avoided m like the plauge and bitched about me behind my back, but the boys were much worse; all day everyday they tore me to pieces, they never let up, if they weren't teasing and taunting me, they were following me round ganging up and sexually harrasing me.
It probably would have went on longer if not for a girl in my class -total angel- reporting them. Then of course then they were all like "Oh we were only messy; having a laugh". Yeah. Real ****ing funny.

It seems slightly unreal looking back, like it was someone else and I just want to shake that silly girl and say "jesus you didn't have to put up with that"
But in a way I'm glad it did happen, I was so naive back then, it toughened me up. I'd never let anything like that happen again.

ThisVanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2008, 04:02 AM   #11
IceBreak

I am currently:

Hmmm school.

For me it started off alright and then got seriously worse by the end. I didnt have a good start to high school cos my gran died about 2 weeks before I started and then i got bullied nearly every year and got branded a stalker and someone stalked me as well while I walked home. I used to stand alone up at the top road wishing for the guilt free pass to just step infront of an oncoming car and I always hung about by myself but I think the worst ever thing that happened to me in school was walking up the stairs and opening the door to hear all the people I thought were my friends talking about me in the nastiest way possible. From that day I have had major trust issues which led up to what happened with another friend from school. Her parents banned her from seeing me and they would come into high school to make sure I was nowhere near her and if I was she would get taken away. That tore me up inside cos I loved her so damn much.

School=one of the worst factors in my whole entire life

I WILL FORGET THOSE THAT HAVE HURT ME
BUT
I WILL NEVER FORGET THOSE WHO ARE ALWAYS THERE TO HELP ME

IceBreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2008, 11:07 AM   #12
Stellata

I was bullied every day right from when I was 6.
It was hell.
But I buried all my feelings. I 'gave up'. So now I have depression and PTSD.
Home wasn't great either.

The sooner you get help the better.

Stellata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2008, 10:44 AM   #13
ladybug
Just keep swimming

I am currently:

at school i was always the girl people stepped away from because i was 'emo/goth' girl. i was the girl that if someone was in a mood they woudl take it out on me. i was the one who got hit just because i wore black school trousers (everyone had too) i was the girl that only got spoken to if i was being insulted or beaten up.

i was the girl everyone hated for no reason.

i hated every second of it.

ladybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2008, 09:07 AM   #14
monket
Carpe Noctem

I am currently:

When I was in school, I really only had an identity to myself. My siblings and friends were a lot more popular than me, so I was only known as "His/Her friend" or "his/her sister", but never just as "Lauren". I didn't have any specific social group because I wasn't quite a goth or a nerd or a jock or anything really. I was just myself, I liked what I liked and did what I wanted regardless of it was cool or not, so I didn't fit in with anyone. I got used to being alone pretty quick. I had a few good friends though, and in my opinion, being ignored was better than being picked on, so being invisible didn't bother me too much.

Last edited by monket : 18-03-2008 at 09:08 AM. Reason: spelled something wrong!

monket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2008, 10:37 AM   #15
Red Lotus.
Friendship is the most precious flower of all.

I am currently:

I hated high school as I or my friends were always being bullied/beaten up because we were 'goth' or because we were 'wiccan'. It was pretty crap and like that all through the years. We used to always stay away from them but they would just come and look for us at break or dinner and then a massive arguement or even a fight would break out. I failed in school as well because in the end i just couldn't be bothered listening anymore.

But after i left i got into college (suprisingly) and it is a lot better than school believe me!

xxx

Janghwa, Hongryeon

PM Me
for Chat or Support.

Red Lotus. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2008, 04:40 PM   #16
Aamanee
one of many

I am currently:

our host was bullyed alot at school :hide she was the quite one in the class who didnt seem to have any friends and would spead post of the time in side the school looking after the speical needs kids

:people Tribe

:rockingcry:
LOST
SOULS

Aamanee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2008, 12:25 AM   #17
lost-voice
lost-voice

I am currently:

i have just been aloude back in my school after being put in a pupil releal unit which was sh**. i got put in it for swering at teachers and all that but personally i think the teachers in my school are to nosey :D

lost-voice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2008, 01:16 AM   #18
Twisted Fate

I am currently:

In middle school the bullying started. I was made fun of for my speech impediment. Then I was made fun of for being bad at math and other things. Then this guy started beating me up I guess you would say. He would punch me and cut my arms. Twist my arms around hard and shove me to the floor. I was sexually harassed and the same guy touched me in places. School was hell for me. After my sophomore year in high school things got better.

Twisted Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2008, 05:47 PM   #19
WhenWillThisEnd
*Megan*

I am currently:

um in elementary (primary) school i was shy but had plenty of friends. in middle school i was still shy and got picked on by this one girl in like 7th grade but only for like 2 weeks, and i moved schools so i still had friends just not to many. Now im in my last year of high school. 9th grade i was still shy and i hung out with all the skater kids so i wore baggy clothes and what not. then in 10th grade i stopped being shy and from then on i talk to everyone and i have my group of really close friends. Im part of the punk group and kinda skater group. and just because of who i hang out with im always in trouble for either cussing or mentioning drugs or something. But school wasen't bad for me at all.

Im sorry that so many people had such a bad time in school **hugs**

. Im kinda stuck atm.

*I need a hero, someone to save me from myself*

*i had a handle on life... but it broke*

WhenWillThisEnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2008, 10:51 PM   #20
Wonderland.

Primary school was mainly great i got picked on a few times but nothing ever that serious coz we were like a family. now im in high school i got picked on a tad in lower school coz some of the lads couldnt accept the fact that i was better at footie/soccer than they were. year 11 is like hell sometimes my best mate fell out with me forever coz she couldnt take the fact that i SH and so i felt alone and started skiving school, i got suspended so now i got taken off the ski trip & im not aloud to go prom. everyone just looks straight threw like im not even there no one understands they just fink im happy again coz i smile a lot..........

'Cause I'll always remember you the same.
Oh eyes like wild flowers within demons of change ♥

Wonderland. is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)