RYL Forums


Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 19-11-2008, 04:27 PM   #1
Slip
Manic-Peaceful-Chaos
 
Slip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
I am currently:
N.u.m.b

I’ve just become an aunt for the first time.
My sister In-law had a baby boy this morning.
I should be excited – I’m expected to feel excited.
But I feel nothing.
I don’t understand.
The thing is I don’t think its because its her. I think I would feel the same way if it was my own sister.
I don’t understand.
I'm such a bad person
Why don’t I feel anything?
So selfish



I know its a wonderful world.


Slip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2008, 06:54 PM   #2
shadow-light
He was no dragon. Fire cannot kill a dragon
 
shadow-light's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: York
I am currently:

not feeling anything doesn't make you selfish... could be any number of reasons for not feeling anything... may not have sunk in yet, or you may not feel much until you actually see the baby... or if you have depression it could be merely due to that... but I highly doubt it's due to selfishness

shadow-light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2008, 06:56 PM   #3
Margo
 
Margo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
I am currently:

Why does that make you a bad person?

Going over and sticking pins in the child would make you bad. You been having a really shitty time of it. If you are anything like me there just gets to a point where you brain goes "**** it" i cant handle anymore and just switches off. Puts its self into protection mode to stop it from just exploding.

When you feel crap nothing makes you feel good.

Alternatively perhaps this baby has stirred something in you thats triggered off this numb response?

what ever it is you are NOT a bad person. A bit of a loon -YES! bad - NO!

Love and hugs and mild pokeage

Matthew xxx

Margo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2008, 02:29 AM   #4
88shelz
be positive
 
88shelz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
I am currently:

how do you think you should feel?
there is no particular way that you should be feeling.
dont be thinkn bad of yourself





88shelz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2008, 08:31 AM   #5
Stellata
 
Stellata's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: London area

What does a new baby mean to you?

Stellata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2008, 09:23 AM   #6
Slip
Manic-Peaceful-Chaos
 
Slip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
I am currently:

I just don't know.

We went to the hospital last night & he was only 8 hours old & I held him in my arms & I felt all "aw isn't he cute" but at the same time I still didn't feel anything.

Maybe it is just because it stirs up things I don't want to think about - but it didn't feel like that either I wasn't sad or anything.

I guess I should feel more than I do, but maybe thats because I'm surrounded by, mum, dad, grandmother & granddad...

I just don't know - maybe your right Matthew, maybe my brain just shut down...

oh well
xxx



I know its a wonderful world.


Slip is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Censor is ON
Forum Jump


Sea Pink Aroma
All times are GMT +1. The time now is 11:37 AM.