RYL Forums


Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 28-02-2011, 09:14 PM   #1
talaiporia
Chat Mod
 
talaiporia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: W. London
I am currently:
Self Injury Awareness Day 2011

So last year this seemed to be a fairly big thing on here, but I can't find any threads this year...

As most you know, tomorrow (March 1st) is Self-Injury Awareness Day (SIAD). What are people doing for it?

I'm wearing my orange t-shirt, with my brightly coloured orange nails...



It doesn't matter where you come from; it matters where you go.
No-one gets remembered for the things they didn't do.
We won't all be here this time next year,
so while you can take a picture of us.
We're definitely going to hell,
but we'll have all the best stories to tell.


talaiporia is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Hugs Given By :
Old 28-02-2011, 09:35 PM   #2
Leo Pard
Flem Fatale
 
Leo Pard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Nurmengard
I am currently:

OMG I'm going to get well triggeredddddd because I am just that cool. (jokes)
Really, nothing probably. I'm just too cool to care. I may wear my orange t-shirt, not because of this, just because it's clean and stuff.




The world is just illusion always trying to change me.
You will find wonder wherever you can, and spread joy whenever you are able.


I felt emotions of gentleness and pleasure, that had long appeared dead, divide within me. - Frankenstein.


Leo Pard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2011, 09:43 PM   #3
MunchBox
I threw my pie for you.
 
MunchBox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
I am currently:

I have nothing orange. *weeps*

Oh well, I'll have to think orange.



Sweetpea
♥


MunchBox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2011, 09:43 PM   #4
ashes to ashes
SmallBoyOnHerBike
 
ashes to ashes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: United States
I am currently:

i completely forgot it was tomorrow. i shall try to find some orange.



take one step at a time, keep your head held high, and your eyes on Him, always.


ashes to ashes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2011, 09:55 PM   #5
Acto808
 
Acto808's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Hawaii
I am currently:

I never even knew there was a day for this please do tell more :)



Forever forgotten

Acto808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2011, 09:57 PM   #6
talaiporia
Chat Mod
 
talaiporia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: W. London
I am currently:

It's just basically a day for raising awareness and stuff...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Self_Injury_Awareness_Day
http://www.firstsigns.org.uk/siad/



It doesn't matter where you come from; it matters where you go.
No-one gets remembered for the things they didn't do.
We won't all be here this time next year,
so while you can take a picture of us.
We're definitely going to hell,
but we'll have all the best stories to tell.


talaiporia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2011, 09:58 PM   #7
Eccentrics
Occasionally lurking
 
Eccentrics's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: UK
I am currently:

Tomorrow it is my friends birthday
and I also have a maths exam...
D: Well... I don't think I have anything orange. Nothing I would be allowed to wear anyways.

Eccentrics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2011, 10:02 PM   #8
LovedSecureFree
 
LovedSecureFree's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Ireland
I am currently:

Thank-you so much for reminding me. I knew it was march but I always seem to forget that its the 1st of March.



Mama to be
20/09/2018


LovedSecureFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2011, 10:03 PM   #9
Acto808
 
Acto808's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Hawaii
I am currently:

Thanks guess I'm goingto the shopping for a orange shirt today haha



Forever forgotten

Acto808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2011, 10:06 PM   #10
talaiporia
Chat Mod
 
talaiporia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: W. London
I am currently:

I've painted my nails... :)



It doesn't matter where you come from; it matters where you go.
No-one gets remembered for the things they didn't do.
We won't all be here this time next year,
so while you can take a picture of us.
We're definitely going to hell,
but we'll have all the best stories to tell.


talaiporia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2011, 10:12 PM   #11
long road
Has less of a life than Pi.R^2
 
long road's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: The Ceiling
I am currently:

didnt realise. hmmm.
i'll have to make an orange bracelet or something.




QUACK!


long road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2011, 10:29 PM   #12
Pretender101
 
Pretender101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: iowa
I am currently:

My Orange bracelet (well I wear tht everyday o well (: ) and my to write love on her arms t-shirt



"... maybe making me bleed will be the answer that could wash the slate clean..."

"Don't ask me if I'm fine. The answer will always be (F)ucked up, (I)nsecure, (N)eurotic, and (E)motional. You know what, maybe I am F.I.N.E."

Pretender101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2011, 10:37 PM   #13
JaffaCake.
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Manchester, UK.

Might paint my nails orange, if I can be bothered
Or, I might have an orange bracelet somewhere.

I don't tend to wear orange so I don't really have anything.
Oh well. I'll just be, thinking, of it in my head. Aha!

JaffaCake. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2011, 10:39 PM   #14
akita
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by IsSheWeird View Post
I have nothing orange. *weeps*

Oh well, I'll have to think orange.

This.






akita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2011, 10:41 PM   #15
dancey.pants
 
dancey.pants's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: USA
I am currently:

I don't normally wear anything orange....hmmm....May have to go buy a shirt just for the occasion! :)

dancey.pants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2011, 10:50 PM   #16
Jefferson.Meriwether
This is Sparta
 
Jefferson.Meriwether's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009

I completely forgot about this; I don't think I have anything orange to wear. Hey ho, I'll just have to try and remember for next year.



Tiff is my RYL Mum
Sefka is my RYL Sis

Jefferson.Meriwether is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2011, 10:53 PM   #17
lonely_hope
I'm not worth the air I breathe
 
lonely_hope's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: US
I am currently:

I hung SI awareness posters around the neighborhood yesterday... but it rained a lot today so they're all falling down :(

I don't have an orange shirt, I want to make an orange bracelet... or a ribbon to put on my backpack



"God take me, because I hate me" -Underoath
We are male and female. We are artists, athletes, and students. We have depression, PTSD, eating disorders, bipolar disorder, or maybe no diagnosis at all. Some of us were abused, some not. We come from all walks of life and can be any age. We are every race or religion that you can think of. Our common link is this: We are in pain. We self-injure. And we are not freaks.


lonely_hope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2011, 11:05 PM   #18
Charmed
I'm safe up high.
 
Charmed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: On a cloud

Its my friends birthday tomorrow too Eccentric :)
I will wear an orange bracelet and t-shirt.




Have you ever looked fear in the face and said "I just don't care"?


Charmed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2011, 11:08 PM   #19
shadow-light
He was no dragon. Fire cannot kill a dragon
 
shadow-light's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: York
I am currently:

for the last few years every year I have plastered the city in posters and given talks in local schools...

this year I have done nothing :( feel fairly bad about that... but just not really felt up to it :sigh:


It's good to see that others are doing stuff though :)

shadow-light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2011, 11:19 PM   #20
weepingangel
love & butterflies
 
weepingangel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: London, U.K.
I am currently:

Yay! i was going to post something on this if no one else had so thankyou Talaiporia :)

i'm going to meet up with a friend and i'll be wearing orange. Think i shall paint my nails orange too. And maybe bake a cake.

Happy self injury awareness day everyone :)



~*"Thou doth rockest mine stockings"*~
Stay safe tonight... Weeping Angel a.k.a. Sarah

weepingangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Censor is ON
Forum Jump


Sea Pink Aroma
All times are GMT +1. The time now is 11:39 PM.