RYL Forums


Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-01-2013, 09:26 PM   #81
FindYourselfForYourself
Music is my meditation, in my world of devastation
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
I am currently:

I'm a huge Justin Bieber fan my rooms covered in posters etc but to go that far is disgusting, cutting is not for popularity or "to prove you love a celeb" this is sick, this is making SI look pathetic when it's a really serious problem. >:L

FindYourselfForYourself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 09:27 PM   #82
Emmabob.
 
Emmabob.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
I am currently:

I have no sympathy for them if they're cutting over some dude who most likely doesn't have the slightest idea that they exist. then again, i may be a heartless ****. :]

Emmabob. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 11:50 PM   #83
red_ry
teh king of the cr8zy
 
red_ry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: USA
I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawrk View Post
Realistically, most of the posts are fake.
There are so many self harming pictures floating around on tumblr or anywhere else that it's so easy to get hold of them, and post them pretending to be you.
That was what I was thinking. It's insensitive to make light if self-harm like that though. But sensitive is the last word I'd use to describe internet trolls.

red_ry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 12:29 AM   #84
TealShell
 
Join Date: Jan 2013

Things like this don't exactly inspire hope in the next generation *facepalm*

TealShell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 01:07 AM   #85
Crumple...
in an ocean that is churning
 
Crumple...'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005

What a bunch of ****ing morons.



How many ticks left in that clockwork heart?


Crumple... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 01:11 AM   #86
Patch.
:)
 
Patch.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Kent
I am currently:

They don't realise what they are getting themselves into.



How can the light that burned so brightly
Suddenly burn so pale?


Patch. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 01:15 AM   #87
Leo Pard
Flem Fatale
 
Leo Pard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Nurmengard
I am currently:

Can I just say that at the bottom of the post where I wrote 'Cutting themselves for legitimate reasons' I did state that I am terrible at writing and that I hope you got what I meant.
What this latter statement basically means is that I did not literally mean 'Cutting themselves for legitimate reasons' but I figuratively meant it.
Just to clarify because getting across what I mean is something I find very hard as I can never find the right words...




The world is just illusion always trying to change me.
You will find wonder wherever you can, and spread joy whenever you are able.


I felt emotions of gentleness and pleasure, that had long appeared dead, divide within me. - Frankenstein.


Leo Pard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 01:36 AM   #88
Rilic
Loon
 
Rilic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: England
I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The One Who View Post
Who are we to judge why others cut themselves?
So why should we care? I can just imagine some of these kids in a few years how real ****ing stupid they were, but that's not exactly unusual. Just another bunch of kids finding another reason to cut. The only thing in question is their maturity, and this kind of delusional/stalkerish type behaviour. I've read so many comments now about "fake/attention seeking cutters, sad, pathetic..." and so on over this Bieber thing. Once again, everyone fails to see what's behind it, which is these kids clearly need some guidance and a reality check.



"Alright, gang. I'll ignore that some of you are late... if you ignore that I'm the latest."

Rilic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 02:44 AM   #89
~*Alyssa*~
 
~*Alyssa*~'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rilic View Post
... which is these kids clearly need some guidance and a reality check.
Yeah, but I remember being that age. I wasn't half-stupid over some celebrity, but everything was a big deal. I agree though, guidance is huge here. Too many parents let kids run wild and unchecked around the internet and don't know what their up to.

~*Alyssa*~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 11:42 AM   #90
The One Who
 
The One Who's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Somewhere
I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rilic View Post
So why should we care? I can just imagine some of these kids in a few years how real ****ing stupid they were, but that's not exactly unusual. Just another bunch of kids finding another reason to cut. The only thing in question is their maturity, and this kind of delusional/stalkerish type behaviour. I've read so many comments now about "fake/attention seeking cutters, sad, pathetic..." and so on over this Bieber thing. Once again, everyone fails to see what's behind it, which is these kids clearly need some guidance and a reality check.
Yes, in a year or two they'll think that it was stupid and will hopefully learn from their mistakes. Something that all self-harmers could do with, in my opinion. I'm sure those people who emotionally broke down after Take That split will also feel pretty stupid and feel like it was an over-reaction, but that was justified (to them) at the time.

The One Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 05:03 PM   #91
Pretty.Reckless
The poor can marry for love!
 
Pretty.Reckless's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Manchestaaa!
I am currently:

I thought this whole thing was awful!! Esspecially because someone started it as a joke! I saw so much of this hashtag flying around my twitter it was unreal!!

I know he had nothing to do with it but I was kinda annoyed with JB too. I mean so many of his fans were using the hashtag and posting pictures of what they'd done (well fake accounts most likely) && it was in the top trends for a day or 2....and he said absolutly nothing about it. You'd think he'd at least tweet something trying to get them to stop!



" A man can change his stars"
Avo Belo. Avo Adelgo. Dartho go-nin.


Pretty.Reckless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 05:28 PM   #92
katgrace
 
katgrace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: England
I am currently:

It's not whether we ought to care about the bieber fans who are cutting themselves, because if they are immature and stupid enough to believe that cutting themselves is the right thing to do, then it's their mistake to learn from. What is important is the fact that they now make self harm look like an even bigger cry for attention than it already appears to society. People have a hard enough time trying not to get judged for self harming, we don't need a load of bieber fans doing it, to make people who self harm look worse.
I don't understand why twitter hasn't taken down lots of accounts for this. Because it isn't just taken as a joke to lots of fans. If you type in the hash tag to view all the tweets, yeah a lot of them are spoofs of it, people saying 'oh yeah justin i'll cut for you' and then a picture of scissors and paper all chopped up. But I've mistakenly clicked on links to pictures and found a lot of pictures of young people with their arms covered in blood, from what looks like severe self harm.




Don't spend your life waiting for the storm to pass, just learn to dance in the rain


katgrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 11:29 PM   #93
skylarks123
He who has a why to live can bear almost any how.
 
skylarks123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: UK
I am currently:

I find the whole thing disgusting and it cheapens a serious problem.
Why...? Just why? What? Huh? Why? I'm just so confused as to why people would actually do it.



Don't let them tell you "f***ed up" isn't fine:
There's like a million kinds of crazy and I kind of like mine.


skylarks123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 09:04 PM   #94
SilentBoy
Use proper english, like what i does.....innit
 
SilentBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: The Shire of Hertford
I am currently:

Its just the way the world works these days.
It honestly wouldnt surprise me if i were to go out in town right now and get asked "oh are you doing that cut for bieber thing"

Seriously, it wouldnt shock me one bit!

skylarks is right, it cheapens a seriously problem.



~ SilentBoy

Some people just need a high-five. To the face. With a chair.

SilentBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 09:16 PM   #95
shadow-light
He was no dragon. Fire cannot kill a dragon
 
shadow-light's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: York
I am currently:

I am so glad I wear long sleeves at work, this is all my students have been talking about all week... I even had to report some for bullying as they saw some scars on another students arms and assumed that it was linked to this and were, erm, less than nice...


wasn;t there a thing like this with Justin Bieber the other year where loads of fans shaved their hair or something and it turned out to have been a hoax that some fans took seriously?

celebrity culture scares me

shadow-light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 10:06 PM   #96
SilentBoy
Use proper english, like what i does.....innit
 
SilentBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: The Shire of Hertford
I am currently:

Yeah it was "#baldforbieber"
Don't know all the details but the general idea was he supposedly had cancer so girls all around the world were shaving their hair off in support of him.

It seems that any time anyone posts something on twitter that uses #XXXforbeiber its a hoax...maybe people will start learning?

Or maybe people will wise up and not believe everything they read on twitter.



~ SilentBoy

Some people just need a high-five. To the face. With a chair.

SilentBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 10:23 PM   #97
TealShell
 
Join Date: Jan 2013

Or we could take advantage of this and start #wearachickenonyourheadforbieber

TealShell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 10:35 PM   #98
pixiedust_11
 
pixiedust_11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
I am currently:

Would comment but pretty much everything has been said now. The most annoying part for me is people on my Facebook posting links to arms covered in fresh cuts. Like they think that's going to stop the problem spreading, sure thing, just fuel it instead.



Do not be dismayed by the brokenness of the world. All things can be mended. Not with time, as they say, but with intention. So go. Love intentionally, extravagantly, unconditionally. The broken world awaits in darkness for the light that is you.

pixiedust_11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 10:29 PM   #99
Scumbelina
 
Scumbelina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: England
I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TealShell View Post
Or we could take advantage of this and start #wearachickenonyourheadforbieber
Yes!

Scumbelina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 10:48 PM   #100
Unbreakable.
We can try. We can always try.
 
Unbreakable.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Your mum's bedroom

Parents all over the world should come up with things like #doingmyhomeworkforbieber or #tidyingmyroomforbieber



the sun

the moon

the truth


Unbreakable. is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Censor is ON
Forum Jump


Sea Pink Aroma
All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:47 PM.