RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-04-2013, 10:39 AM   #61
ASkatersDream...

I am currently:

Lot more relaxed on facebook page than here. No to points 3 strikes and your out rule. Just agree to no triggering pictures but rest leave It be.

Believe <3

ASkatersDream... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 10:40 AM   #62
FabulousMike
Proud Union Activist.

I am currently:

I would agree with that :)

FabulousMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 10:52 AM   #63
squirrelspit

I am currently:

whos moderating the fb site? i might invite the mods and ex mods from here to go wild and break all the rules of it just so someone else can see what its like. :P

squirrelspit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 10:57 AM   #64
FabulousMike
Proud Union Activist.

I am currently:

I'm admin on the site, Cam is and Harley.

Old 07-04-2013, 11:24 AM   #65
griddlebone
Head of Chat/Forum Mod.

I am currently:

Im interested to know, if youre not going to have any sanctions what happens if people do break the rules that you have set down?

Also facebook escalates a lot quicker than RYL and as seen here the 'be nice and dont flame' doesnt always work, so how do we stop the arguments there spilling onto RYL? Wont the lines be completely blurred between the two places?

With Harley being as busy as he is and also as he said not having much clue on facebook and Cam having a million jobs to do here will it just be you keeping an eye on the page?

Someone said about being mindful, you would hope that people would be but then we hope it happens here and a lot of the time it doesnt, so what happens if you continuously go against what is said?Are you thrown out of the facebook group?And if so would it not be a fair assumption that things like that will be brought over onto here? Along with RV threads aimed at members but on facebook where we have no jurisdiction?

Im confused about how this is going to work.

There are times to stay put, and what you want will come to you.
But there are times to go out into the world and find such a thing for yourself.
I aint no abacus but you can count on me.

griddlebone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 11:32 AM   #66
Pi.R^2
Pathologically flamboyant

I am currently:

Equally not having jurisdiction means it's not your problem so you can wash your hands of any such nonsense? Like people may go wild and flame the hell out of each other (in real life, on tumblr, on facebook, in this facebook group), but as long as it's not on here, you don't have to bother with it? Does that make sense?

No other sadness in the world would do

Pi.R^2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 11:33 AM   #67
FabulousMike
Proud Union Activist.

I am currently:

Good points made.

At the moment it is pretty much just me running the page and so far it's going pretty well apart from a few little problems but nothing that can't be sorted pretty quickly and the most democratically way I can (something I personally think is very important).

As for rule breaking and the like, it depends on context, if it's just a little bit of rudeness i'll point out people should be nice etc etc and remove posts/threads if needed.

If it's more serious like full on bullying or continued bullying/remarks etc the threads and or posts will be removed and the member will either get a warning or kicked out the group for a day or so (I have the option of just kicking people out or kick out and ban) so they could rejoin in a day or something.

But of course this all depends on context and what was said.

As for it coming over onto RYL, there's not really much I can do about that but I hope it wouldn't, I know I can hope all I want but it won't stop it but i'm not sure what I can do about that.

I hope this makes some sense, I was thinking about it last night in bed and this was the best I could come up with for now.

Old 07-04-2013, 12:11 PM   #68
griddlebone
Head of Chat/Forum Mod.

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcissa View Post
Equally not having jurisdiction means it's not your problem so you can wash your hands of any such nonsense? Like people may go wild and flame the hell out of each other (in real life, on tumblr, on facebook, in this facebook group), but as long as it's not on here, you don't have to bother with it? Does that make sense?
Im concerned about it spilling onto RYL which creates more work for us, how can it be guaranteed that it wont be on here?

But there are times to go out into the world and find such a thing for yourself.

Old 07-04-2013, 12:16 PM   #69
griddlebone
Head of Chat/Forum Mod.

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FabulousMike View Post
Good points made.

At the moment it is pretty much just me running the page and so far it's going pretty well apart from a few little problems but nothing that can't be sorted pretty quickly and the most democratically way I can (something I personally think is very important).

As for rule breaking and the like, it depends on context, if it's just a little bit of rudeness i'll point out people should be nice etc etc and remove posts/threads if needed.

If it's more serious like full on bullying or continued bullying/remarks etc the threads and or posts will be removed and the member will either get a warning or kicked out the group for a day or so (I have the option of just kicking people out or kick out and ban) so they could rejoin in a day or something.

But of course this all depends on context and what was said.

As for it coming over onto RYL, there's not really much I can do about that but I hope it wouldn't, I know I can hope all I want but it won't stop it but i'm not sure what I can do about that.

I hope this makes some sense, I was thinking about it last night in bed and this was the best I could come up with for now.
So youre in charge on your own?Is there a particular reason why you were chosen?Im confused about when that decision was made.

So if members are bullying someone the only punishment is being kicked out for a day?Thats not really much of a deterrent....but I guess if what youre going for is pretty lax rules then that works,however I would consider how much extra work you are putting on yourself.

Yes you would hope so,but then it doesnt really affect you if it does does it?But it does affect the 4 active mods who will have to deal with the fallout from it.And from the members who will PM us to say theyre being bullied by people in the facebook group that we can do nothing about.

It makes sense but Im concerned about it still and it doesnt feel like theres much solution being given apart from hoping that it wont happen.

Old 07-04-2013, 12:25 PM   #70
FabulousMike
Proud Union Activist.

I am currently:

I have no idea why I was chosen, Harley just made me an admin out of nowhere so i'm trying my very best to make the most of it and make it as successful as I can. I've already received **** for this but i'm not letting that spoil it because people do enjoy the group.

Well, it depends on context, i'm not saying it would be just a day, it could be longer, I really don't know until i'm faced with a situation.

As an example if someone was to be like 'Mike, you're a fat ****ing prick and i'm going to knock you out' or something like that, you catch my drift, I would of course ban them because that's not right at all, but if it was more like 'mike you're doing my ****ing head in' I would have words, delete the post and move on from it.

I can't promise it won't spill over onto RYL, no one can give that promise, I wish i could be I can't.

Old 07-04-2013, 12:26 PM   #71
Snow White.
I am a fairy.

I am currently:

Do not envy you.

Snow White. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 12:26 PM   #72
Snow White.
I am a fairy.

I am currently:

But enjoy :3

Old 07-04-2013, 12:28 PM   #73
griddlebone
Head of Chat/Forum Mod.

I am currently:

But then surely you should have some sort of presidence in place so that youre not doing it blindly when it happens?How can something work if youre making it up as you go along?Surely you should have base things in place so that if something does happen youre prepared?

Well yes that promise could be made or at least the likelyhood of it happening could be reduced if there were more rules than 'be nice to each other and dont post triggering pictures.'

Old 07-04-2013, 12:29 PM   #74
FabulousMike
Proud Union Activist.

I am currently:

I'm trying! I'm trying my best!

Old 07-04-2013, 12:35 PM   #75
Left Phalange
Phillip, look at me, I'm a stamp!

I am currently:

I'm really confused as to why there's an RYL facebook group anyways. I thought it was only up to provide updates/any issues during the RYL downtime? I wasn't even 'invited' into the group, I was just added to it despite the fact I didn't really want to be, I don't care for the group myself and it just seems..pointless.

Like, really, is there a genuine..reason for it? Because at the moment it just seems like it's a place where people can say/do things not otherwise allowed on RYL. Which..can be done on facebook anyways, so. Yeah, don't really get it.

I'm gonna tap him like a maple tree. I'm gonna search him for some syrups. I'm gonna be having sex with him.

Left Phalange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 12:38 PM   #76
FabulousMike
Proud Union Activist.

I am currently:

It's not my group, I didn't invite anyone (unless they asked me to) so I can't answer why we have the group, I know nothing.

Also, I disagree about it being a place to do what you can't do here, all that's going on in the group is chatting and the sharing of some funny pictures, videos etc.

Old 07-04-2013, 12:39 PM   #77
Snow White.
I am a fairy.

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Left Phalange View Post
I'm really confused as to why there's an RYL facebook group anyways. I thought it was only up to provide updates/any issues during the RYL downtime? I wasn't even 'invited' into the group, I was just added to it despite the fact I didn't really want to be, I don't care for the group myself and it just seems..pointless.

Like, really, is there a genuine..reason for it? Because at the moment it just seems like it's a place where people can say/do things not otherwise allowed on RYL. Which..can be done on facebook anyways, so. Yeah, don't really get it.

This is my feelings on the issue.

I'm pretty glad that when I was added I was asleep, so most of my friends would have been asleep too, thus nobody on my facebook saw it. I hope. So in that respect asking to be invited is a better way forward. But yeah, we already have a big group place for RYL members to go. It's called RYL.

*note, nothing against you Mike.

Old 07-04-2013, 12:41 PM   #78
Left Phalange
Phillip, look at me, I'm a stamp!

I am currently:

Well if it's not a place to do what you can't do here..doesn't that make it even more pointless?

For an admin, you're full of information.

I'm gonna tap him like a maple tree. I'm gonna search him for some syrups. I'm gonna be having sex with him.

Left Phalange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 12:43 PM   #79
FabulousMike
Proud Union Activist.

I am currently:

I didn't ask to be admin, I didn;t want to be admin, I was just made admin and i'm trying my best to do what I can for the people that enjoy the group!

Yeah but if you talk like we are in the facebook group here you get the lable of a spammer, space waster and all that...

Old 07-04-2013, 12:44 PM   #80
FabulousMike
Proud Union Activist.

I am currently:

Plus personally, i've met some members on it that I would have never talked to before and so have others.

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)