RYL Forums


Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 29-08-2010, 04:52 PM   #1
Lib.
 
Lib.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
I am currently:
Intrusive Thoughts

Hi all. I have spoken to someone on chat about some of this and she's been very helpful but I have a question.

I have normal intrusive thoughts, self destructive ones, moreso lately as things have kind of peaked in stress levels with family circumstances.

I am also having other 'abnormal' intrusive thoughts that aren't self destructive, upsetting, just normal memories that I'm not adverse to having, but they ARE interfering with my day to day life as I am re-living things and completely losing touch with reality during those times. Not reliving abuse or anything 'bad', just normal childhood memories, but its still interupting and they are all sort of... tainted with feelings of anxiety. I don't know if I felt anxious as a child, most of my childhood I don't remember, including most of the incedents of abuse that I am told have happened.

Does anyone else get these 'flashbacks' of non-abusive, non-destructive times that just feel heart-renderingly sad? I feel like I'm watching a movie about a different person, not myself as a child, and I feel incredibly sad for her but not like it has anything to do with me if that makes sense.

Sorry for rambling. :) Hot chocolate for anyone who managed to negotiate all that nonsense :)



"I know that every good and excellent thing in the world stands moment by moment on the razor-edge of danger and must be fought for."
-Thornton Wilder

"You don't throw a whole life away just 'cause its banged up a little."

Mum to Caleb: Has autism and epilepsy. Makes me laugh every single day!
Mum to Natty: Cheeky little punkhead-ASD but it doesn't slow her down!
Slave to Pippin the dog.

Lib. is offline   Reply With Quote
4 Hugs Given By :
Old 29-08-2010, 05:37 PM   #2
Stellata
 
Stellata's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: London area

Yes, totally. A lot of the time. I just hold me and child me tenderly and use the moments to extend my understanding.

Stellata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2010, 09:15 PM   #3
Sefka
 
Sefka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: UK
I am currently:

Yeah, I get this - not just childhood but any point in the past. It's not nice when you 'wake up' from it - for me that's the worst part.
Maybe writing down what you flash back to could help, there might be a pattern in there somewhere.
All the best
xx




Каждому, каждому в лучшее верится,
Катится, катится голубой вагон!




Sefka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2010, 04:42 AM   #4
akita
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
I am currently:

Yeah I get intrusive thoughts most days, mostly about how stupid, ugly and fat I am but also thoughts of self harming in a way that I've not done before even though I am 2 years free. Can you work on the thoughts with your psychologist?






akita is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Censor is ON
Forum Jump


Sea Pink Aroma
All times are GMT +1. The time now is 04:55 PM.