Board games!

What’s everyones favourite board game? Some of mine include:
- Colour brain
- Monopoly (gotta love the classics)
- Villianous

The Worst Witch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2023, 10:17 AM   #2
tamobhuuta

I know it's very simple but I really love snakes and ladders! It doesn't take long but if you want to play longer you can just start again!

Ying tong iddle ai po!

tamobhuuta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2023, 01:24 PM   #3
not_so_insig
It's Bouquet! B-U-C-K-E-T!

I am currently:

I play Monopoly every Christmas with my family. I have the set with the cat in so since then I choose the cat playing piece. Before they introduced the cat I was always the dog.

I have Monopoly for the Nintendo 3ds xl so sadly that's the only way I get to play it these days.

One game that was popular growing up was Crazy Crocodiles.

Wannabe CPN : -)
"He who is tired of Weird Al is tired of life." - Homer Simpson
"I hear those voices that will not be drowned"
Sanity is a nasty disease. The world would be a happier place without it. - Rilic
RIP Kat 4th July 1987- 11th June 2013

not_so_insig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2023, 02:29 PM   #4
The Worst Witch

I am currently:

I love snakes and ladders too, I used to play it all the time with kids while I was working.

There are all sorts of weird and wonderful things out there!

Old 28-04-2023, 07:17 PM   #5
long road
Has less of a life than Pi.R^2

I am currently:

I go more for modern board games but can appreciate the classics like snake and ladders and draughts!

Some of my favourites are:
- Teotithicuan:City Of the Gods
- Seven Wonders
- Ticket to Ride (Europe map is the best)
- Castles of Burgundy

Some people at the board game group I used to go to really got into Villainous Ali! Do you have a favourite Villain?

QUACK!

long road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2023, 11:05 PM   #6
The Worst Witch

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by long road View Post
I go more for modern board games but can appreciate the classics like snake and ladders and draughts!

Some of my favourites are:
- Teotithicuan:City Of the Gods
- Seven Wonders
- Ticket to Ride (Europe map is the best)
- Castles of Burgundy

Some people at the board game group I used to go to really got into Villainous Ali! Do you have a favourite Villain?
I’m always Ursula and V is always either Prince John or Maleficent because she’s the villian in the first Kingdom Hearts game and thats how we bonded - we both love Disney (among other things). I CANNOT WAIT for the live action little mermaid movie, V’s taking me to see it for my birthday :). Who did you play when if you ever played it Jen?

ETA: I mentioned honey buzz to V Jen, and she’s gonna buy it for me for my birthday in a few weeks so will definitely tell you what I think!

Old 29-04-2023, 01:48 PM   #7
long road

I am currently:

I played it once and I think I played Jafar. But it was like 4 years ago! My partner I bonded over board games and RPGs but we do both like Disney. We have a Now that's What I Call Disney CD that gets a lot of play on long car journeys! (Our car has a cd player but no phone jack).

Yay birthday presents! I hope you enjoy it! I t was my Christmas present.

QUACK!

Old 29-04-2023, 09:29 PM   #8
The Worst Witch

I am currently:

We have that CD! Its a bit battered now through lots of use, should really download it onto our spotify account. What’s your favourite disney movie?

They’ve added expansion packs to villianous since I bought the original for Christmas one year, would like to try some of those. Also obsessed with card games, both oroginal like poker etc and game ones like cards against humanity etc. I played exploding kittens with a few (older!) kids at an after school club once amd that got me hooked on card based games too.

Old 29-04-2023, 11:33 PM   #9
long road

I am currently:

That's hard to choose. But probably the Lion King or Aladdin. They have my favourite songs.

Ah expansion packs, that's how they draw you in!

If you like card games have you tried Fluxx? There are lots of different themed sets and the rules change as you play depending on what cards you play. https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/258/fluxx

I used to play poker and Texas Holden for sweets with my friends. I am pretty bad at it though, which is why I never play with money!

QUACK!

Old 01-05-2023, 01:06 PM   #10
The Worst Witch

I am currently:

I love Aladdin, but my favourite either has to be The Little Mermaid or Beauty and the Beast - the cartoon version, wasn’t keen on the live action one. I was devastated when Angela Lansbury died, she was basically the voice of my childhood.

It is how they draw you in, but I’m quite happy to be drawn in :). I only ever buy them at birthdays/Christmas, the actual game keeps us sntertained. I also have numerous versions of monopoly, including disney, the town I live in, original, the town I grew up in and back to the future, among other ones.

Went a bit rogue for game night on Saturday and played Toy Story 2 on V’s playstation. Are you a console person or do you prefer actual physical games? I like both - rediscovered my love of console games since quitting my job a year ago and having a bit more time. I also have a nintendo switch, but I only really use that on long train journeys home.

I have heard of Fluxx, but never played it! V’s asking me what kind of games I want for my birthday at the end of the month, might have to include that one in the list.

Old 01-05-2023, 03:50 PM   #11
long road

I am currently:

Live action beauty and the beast the songs are wrong which is why I don't like it. I am big into Disney songs, more so than the film's to be honest.

I prefer physical board games as I find them more social / like doing an activity that doesn't involve screen time. But I used to be a pc gamer and have a nitendo 3ds. I have been tempted by a Switch but I am not sure I would use it enough to be worth the price tag.

With Fluxx they are lots of different themed ones (Including fairytale, Doctor Who and Pirate to name a few) so you can get one that fits your interests.

QUACK!

Old 01-05-2023, 11:19 PM   #12
The Worst Witch

I am currently:

The songs are wrong! I did like it, just not as much as the cartoon version. I’m anxious about the live action little mermaid, but tbh I think Melissa McCarthy absolutely nails anything she’s in, so that somewhat counteracts my nervousness.

My Switch was a Christmas present and my ps4 is my brothers old one, he gave it to me for nothing when he got a ps5 otherwise I wouldn’t be able to afford a Switch either. You can get some consoles as part of phone packages, but of course that means you’re stuck with a phone and would only ever be worth it if you needed a new phone too. Thats how my friend managed to get her son one, as part of a phone deal. Another friend bought her kids one but they have to share it, they are ridicuously expensive.

I did have a look at the website you linked me to and it does look good! Have you heard of Sussed? V bought me the fantasy pack for Christmas, I like that game. Its kind of like Would You Rather but you can guess what your opponent would answer and score points based on how many answers match between you.

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)