RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 13-09-2012, 08:40 PM   #1
merriman_sisters

I am currently:
Being ok with never stopping?

I feel ok about never stopping self harm. In fact I believe I'll do it all my life and I know this is wrong, but i can't stop myself from thinking this way. :/ do you guys ever feel like that?

merriman_sisters is offline   Reply With Quote
6 Hugs Given By :
Old 13-09-2012, 10:31 PM   #2
Tig

I think for a long time I believed that I would never be able to stop self harm so I did accept it in the end, and just became okay with it.

It turns out now that I find it hard to imagine self harming so things can and do change. x

Tig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2012, 12:31 AM   #3
Celticroots

I am currently:

At one point I believed as you did. And still do sometimes when things get tough. While I do think self-harm will be something I struggle with for the rest of my life, I do believe that not giving into urges will get easier. And I think I'll be able to go longer and longer periods without harming.

Celticroots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2012, 01:42 AM   #4
Leo Pard
Flem Fatale

I am currently:

For a long long time, I never wanted to stop, could never see myself stopping to be honest. But then things got better and I just didn't want/need to do it anymore so I did stop. That was over a year ago and the thought of doing has only crossed my mind when I have been very very drunk since. It might take 3 or 4 or 5 years but there might be a time when you just end up not doing it so much, eventually stopping and never looking back. Took me like 9 years to get to that point so yeah...

The world is just illusion always trying to change me.
You will find wonder wherever you can, and spread joy whenever you are able.

I felt emotions of gentleness and pleasure, that had long appeared dead, divide within me. - Frankenstein.

Leo Pard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2012, 03:57 PM   #5
Buttons.
Never knowing...a helping hand or hell to pay?

I am currently:

I felt like that once upon a time and sometimes still do, but generally I have reached a point where I want this big destructive thing out of my life.

'Never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you.'

['There is only one thing we say to death. Not today'.']

'We are each our own devil, and we make this world our hell.’ – Oscar Wilde
‘It’s hard to dance with the devil on your back.’ Sydney Carter

Buttons. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2012, 04:27 PM   #6
blanket.

I am currently:

I'm the same as everyone else has said - at times I've felt totally fine thinking it'd be forever. But after a long time of it not being a major part of everything, it's more pleasant without it and I definitely don't want it to be forever. So I do understand the feeling but that feelings can change with time x

blanket. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2012, 07:38 AM   #7
Isabelv
Bell

I am currently:

I'm in the same boat I've kind of accepted everything and just learned to live with it.

Lotus Flower: grows out of the mud and blossoms into a beautiful flower

He lifted me out of the pit of despair, out of the mud and the mire. He set my feet on solid ground and steadied me as I walked along-Psalms 40:2

Isabelv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2012, 04:24 PM   #8
chesterlily88

I am currently:

I feel the same way too. I actually don't want to ever stop completely. I don't know why I don't do it more; I have no reason not to.

chesterlily88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2012, 04:32 PM   #9
RainbowVeins202

I am currently:

I feel the exact same way. I think that's probably a coping mechanism, self injury is obviously a terrible thing and we know this, but it has helped so we have to make ourselves believe that it's an acceptable thing to do. I have days when I look down at my scars and feel physically ill at the damage I have done to myself, and that is so much harder to deal with than just thinking it's acceptable. I guess that's part of the reason it's so hard to stop, because why stop something that generally doesn't seem like it matters? I hope that you (and I) can realize that it is such a terrible thing and we need to stop.
Anyway... long story short, yes I feel the same way :P

RainbowVeins202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2012, 02:35 PM   #10
pixiedust_11

I am currently:

I think that feeling of 'being ok with it' is more of a self-destructive acceptance that you may never be able to stop. But I and many other people know that's not true. It will take time but with the right help and support, you can change your mind set to believing that you really will get through the day without needing to give in to an urge. There's a general saying that you need to hit rock bottom before you can begin to improve again, I just hope that you can see the light at the end of the tunnel, because I can promise you there is some. It's just about finding it with the right level of self-belief.

Do not be dismayed by the brokenness of the world. All things can be mended. Not with time, as they say, but with intention. So go. Love intentionally, extravagantly, unconditionally. The broken world awaits in darkness for the light that is you.

pixiedust_11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2012, 11:57 PM   #11
CBAatLife

I am currently:

I feel pretty much the same only my problem is that a part of me wants to stop but a bigger part of me doesnt want to and every time some1 asks me if i wanna stop i just say no because i know that i am not gonna be able to stop

CBAatLife is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)