Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-01-2016, 12:55 PM   #1
Fire Fly
Feel free to be yourself

I am currently:
Second opinion.

Hiya,
I was just wondering how do I go about getting a second opinion. I've been diagnosed with EUPD and bipolar. And yesterday the HTT consultant said he didn't think I had bipolar and that my high I'm on now will pass in a few days which I'm hoping it will but doubt. I agree I have both.

My cc disagrees with the consultant as she said she's seen me high. So now I'm wondering how do I go about getting a second opinion whilst I'm like I am right now.

Thanks.

Ballerina123 - My lovely superstar

Call me R -

The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time - Abraham Lincoln

Fire Fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 01:22 PM   #2
random.swirls
Head forum moderator

I am currently:

What does your normal psychiatrist say? Is this JS or someone else?

When we lose twenty pounds... we may be losing the twenty best pounds we have! We may be losing the pounds that contain our genius, our humanity, our love and honesty. ~Woody Allen
Is a chocolate muffin loving glitter ball

random.swirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 03:29 PM   #3
Fire Fly
Feel free to be yourself

I am currently:

JS. She's of the opinion I think of both. The letters I get say both diagnosis but we've never really spoken about diagnosis.

Call me R -

The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time - Abraham Lincoln

Old 06-01-2016, 06:01 PM   #4
EyelinerAndCigarettes

I am currently:

This must be very unsettling for you sweetie, I'm sorry people are conflicting.

I wonder if you can make an appointment with your normal psychiatrist as she knows you better. I've had a similar experience where one doctor says one thing & another doesn't. I agreed with the first doctor & I found once I'd tracked my moods on paper, then at my next meeting gave it to to the doctor who disagreed it was helpful for them. Go with what you believe, you know yourself better than anyone.

x x x

EyelinerAndCigarettes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 06:05 PM   #5
Fire Fly
Feel free to be yourself

I am currently:

Thanks for replying. I can't get an appt with my normal psych until April. It's ridiculous! My gut instinct falls under primarily bipolar as my moods are prolonged and don't rapidly change as do with EUPD and the second dr agreed so I'm not too sure where he's coming from. I don't know.

I just feel confused I know diagnosis doesn't matter and it's the symptoms but it does help knowing what's wrong with you.

Call me R -

Old 09-01-2016, 09:54 PM   #6
stephsparkle

I am currently:

Hi sweetie,

I know that your situation is far from ideal however I know that your so strong and can get through this with the help of friends and family behind you xxx

stephsparkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2016, 06:08 PM   #7
Arienette

I am currently:

Hope you manage to get another opinion. When I got mine I got my GP involved and she had to really fight my corner and enlist opinions from many Drs who had seen me overtime so they could get a general consensus of how I was.

Xx

Staring at white washed walls

Arienette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2016, 06:46 PM   #8
Fire Fly
Feel free to be yourself

I am currently:

Thanks. I have an appt with my GP on Friday. I'll try getting an appt tomorrow as she's back from leave for a day and then goes off again and back on friday. So I'll try tomorrow. This is ****ing me over.

Call me R -

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)