RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 18-06-2008, 05:30 PM   #1
ballerinagrl99

I am currently:
domestic abuse forum??

i know a lot of my problems are caused by my STILL abusive ex, and i never feel like i can talk about it anywhere else, so i was thinking maybe you guys would like the idea of a "domestic abuse forum"....

just a thought...

hope this was the right place to post this idea....

ballerinagrl99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2008, 05:33 PM   #2
Voldemort

Hey, we already have an Abuse and Bullying forum. A lot of people there have suffered by the hands of a variety of people, if you feel uncomfortable starting a new thread, there are a couple of 'room' threads that you can go into to introduce yourself.

http://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum...splay.php?f=32

Voldemort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2008, 05:41 PM   #3
Caru y Nos

I think this is a wonderful idea and thankyou for sharing. Although, i personally believe that 'Crazy Rabbit Lady' and 'Keys.' are right when they say that it would not receive enough posts and there is also a pre-existing Abuse and Bullying Forum.

I personally believe that there would be confusion created amongst where to post. My opinion is that it is a great idea and good theory, but it would not be practical or be of any significant benefit due to the cost involved in creating new forums and speed which A&B currently moves.

That's my personal view anyway,
Take Care,
Josh

Dead to the world. Alive for the journey

Caru y Nos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2008, 06:10 PM   #4
DUNFERMLINEBOY
Struggling Inside

I am currently:

Hey,

Woe this is a tough one!

Domestic abuse has been hidden under the carpet for so, so many years!

It can take so many different forms! In some ways i can see the benefits of it having a separate thread because women or men who have suffered for many years may not want to post in Abuse and Bullying as it stands, perhaps haveing more confidence being able to speak on a specific forum BUT then again ther'es nothing stopping a specific thread within the forum as it stands! Perhaps another way would be such as we have sub forums such as news and debate within general chat we could have a sub forum within abuse and bullying that focuses specifically on domestic abuse with help and advice located there 2!!

No doubt that this is a hugely important issue that has been neglected by society for way too long!

DUNFERMLINEBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2008, 06:28 PM   #5
DUNFERMLINEBOY
Struggling Inside

I am currently:

Well then maybey in time thats the way things should go as the site expands!

Should the decision be based on how quickly the threads move or the needs of people who may really feel that they need that type specific help!

Lets face it we have vets specific forums!!

Old 19-06-2008, 07:01 PM   #6
Victim+Of+Hate
This Member is currently Banned

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNFERMLINEBOY View Post

Lets face it we have vets specific forums!!
i think, and correct me if i am wrong, that is to stop people beig triggered by support threads while looking through the odd,random or funny threads in Vets general.

Victim+Of+Hate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2008, 07:39 PM   #7
Stellata

And to make sure that people's support threads don't get lost amongst the general stuff.

Stellata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2008, 09:12 PM   #8
Stellata

There are forums out there specifically for domestic violence survivors. :)

[but not for adult children witnesses of their parents' domestic violence... which is why it's so great to have a general abuse and bullying forum here, because we can talk about the core themes and how it's effected us, and come together as a community.]

Stellata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2008, 10:15 PM   #9
DUNFERMLINEBOY
Struggling Inside

I am currently:

I'm a member of vets, so i certainly wasn't criticising it! Think i've been misunderstood there!

All am saying is that it took a lot of courage for Ballerina girl to post that idea, she's a new member and she's been (allbeit with the best of intentions) shot down in flames!

Am just trying to ensure that the subject gets a fair hearing! There's arguements for and against in both sides!

Old 19-06-2008, 10:20 PM   #10
Bleeding Angel
This is my story, and your not part of it...

I am currently:

There are lot of posts asking for new sub-forms to be made, but 99% of the time it isnt possible, esp if there is not enought intreast, and also the amount of work that would have to go into creating it

"Its not how long a star shines, what is remembered is the brightness of the light"

Bleeding Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2008, 10:23 PM   #11
Porcelain Child
The Name Is Claire..

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleeding Angel View Post
There are lot of posts asking for new sub-forms to be made, but 99% of the time it isnt possible, esp if there is not enought intreast, and also the amount of work that would have to go into creating it
I was thinking this too....

Porcelain Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2008, 06:52 PM   #12
ballerinagrl99

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNFERMLINEBOY View Post
I'm a member of vets, so i certainly wasn't criticising it! Think i've been misunderstood there!

All am saying is that it took a lot of courage for Ballerina girl to post that idea, she's a new member and she's been (allbeit with the best of intentions) shot down in flames!

Am just trying to ensure that the subject gets a fair hearing! There's arguements for and against in both sides!

thank YOU though.

ballerinagrl99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2008, 04:23 AM   #13
Aidee

I am currently:

I agree with Crazy Rabbit Lady that domestic abuse would fall into the Abuse and Bullying forum. I think there are probably quite a few other people who have experienced spousal/partner abuse, but a forum specific for those people probably would not move very quickly.

I also think that creating a separate sub forum would prevent the people who have suffered from abuse from getting all of input/advice they could. I think that it's important that all the other people who have experienced other types of abuse and the people who have experienced partner abuse to be able to give each other support, and I think that creating a sub-forum for partner abuse would prevent that.

Well it breaks my heart to see you this way,
The beauty in life, where's it gone?
And somebody told me you were doing okay,
Somehow I guess they were wrong.

Aidee is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)