RYL Forums

Forum Jump

Old 14-06-2007, 04:40 AM   #1
pugdog
Outsider

I am currently:
Wound Care - temporary waterproof bandages?

hi all, my sister has been bugging me alot lately to go swimming, and i've been running out of excuses.. I usually wear a shirt or rashguard and board shorts to cover everything, but i have afew wounds still open under the bandages that i dont want just getting wet. This would be swimming in a chlorinated pool, not the ocean, so im figuring risk of infection from the water wouldnt be very likely.
So i was wondering if there is some sort of bandage that i can use just for afew hours that would be waterproof and cover the open cuts? right now they are only about 2" long (5cm) by about 1/4" wide (6mm) The waterproof bandages i've seen in the stores only cover very small areas.
Thanks.

-brian

'in the quiet heart is hidden, sorrow that the eye can't see'

Old 14-06-2007, 09:00 AM   #2
Aidee

I am currently:

Hmmm...I'm glad you are in the US, it makes helping you easier. Band Aid brand makes large waterproof bandages that are about 2'' by 3'' I think, they are the big size ones they make. They are clear and are kinda thick and gel-ish.

Another option is to use water proof tape over a bandage to cover the area, or saran wrap.

AD

Well it breaks my heart to see you this way,
The beauty in life, where's it gone?
And somebody told me you were doing okay,
Somehow I guess they were wrong.

Old 14-06-2007, 08:10 PM   #3
pugdog
Outsider

I am currently:
i guess i didnt look hard enough...

I found it! thanks, i didnt think they made them that big.. they were on a different shelf than the other waterproof bandaids. These ones are from johnson and johnson and are 2 7/8 X 4" (7.3X10.1cm)

yay! I can swim again!

-brian

(and good advise about the saran wrap and waterproof tape, that would work well on larger ones.. luckily i dont have any that size right now, im tryin to do less)

The big one in the picture is the ones i just bought, the small one in front are the others i had previously and the only ones i thought were waterproof
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bearbandaid.JPG (41.9 KB, 10 views)

Last edited by pugdog : 14-06-2007 at 08:11 PM. Reason: added pic

'in the quiet heart is hidden, sorrow that the eye can't see'

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)