RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-06-2007, 12:09 PM   #1
Devil Girl

I am currently:
Tired

I am shattered! On Friday I went skiing but ended up on a practice session of snowboarding so am a bit bruised and sore because of that! Then after that I had to go and help at an astronomy night but it unfortunately clouded over. So in a hut with about 8 scouts who would not listen to a word I said/shouted about having some respect and being quiet because some people wanted to sleep, i.e. me!!! The buggers just didn't know how to play cards quietly etc. I mean when I was their age we would stay up till prob about 4 playing cards, about 5 folk asleep, once or twice someone telling us to keep it down, we were no where near as bad as them! We had some respect for those who wanted to sleep!!!

So Saturday I was shattered but had to work, 4 1/2 hours but after only 2 hours sleep I struggled. Sunday, working 4 hours but was moved off tills to the womans wear clearing up, with a manager that talked down to me like I was a complete idiot! I am used to people knowing I have some common sence and know how to walk around a store putting clothes back! All he had to tell me was help clear the rail, then go to formal wear and start tidying it up! Maybe a wee bit about what to do with things but thats it! I hate it when people think I have no common sence! Plus walking about made me more tired and grumpy! Really had to bite my tounge because I would have shouted at him! It is a bank holiday today in my area so having to work today for 4/4 1/2 hours. I am shattered!

So guys all I am looking for is tell me that work will be fine (though I have to try and find someone to double check what I should be doing cause I think I am just doing the same again but don't know if I have to tell someone first or just go and do it! So a bit worried about going and doing the wrong thing! Asking or not asking! Give me some ideas of things I can do to relax after work and during the week cause I am just shattered!

Love Devil x

Devil Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 12:16 PM   #2
inkyspider
Dark and twisty

I am currently:

Hey hun, it sounds like you've had a busy week!

Work will be fine, you may feel tired but you will manage it. Sounds like your boss was just being a jerk and i'm guessing the best thing is to try to stay ou of his way, especially as you're tired as you miht be more inclined to say something rude.

What do you normally do after work to relax? Can you just have a nap or go straight to bed? Just to give yourself a bit more sleep and maybe help with your energy levels.
Try not to stress about being tired because it will jsut make you more tired and stressed.
And can you take a day or a few hours for yourself. Where you jsut sit and watch tv, read a book, or come online. Something relaxing and easy that doens't take much energy. Sometimes it can help to just take a little time out from a busy schedule.

Good luck at work, i'm sure everything will go fine.
Tabby x

The world is an interesting place when everyone you know has their own realities

Our scars remind us that the past is real

inkyspider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 02:15 PM   #3
Anansi
Ad astra per aspera

I am currently:

Ooh, how are you still able to type!? I'd be asleep on the floor!
I like to relax with a nice, long, bubbly bath - if that's your sort of thing. If not, a funny film or a couple of games always help me calm down.
I'd also suggest going to bed, and having as long a sleep as you can get!
Good luck with work :)
x

Anansi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 03:56 PM   #4
Tears and Rain
Forum Mod.

I am currently:

Gosh i'm not suprised you're shattered! Keep your chin up at work, i'm sure it'll get better. When you've been there for longer [i'm jsut assuming it's a relatively new job] people will not feel the need to talk to you like that, you've just got to take it on the chin as them trying to make sure everything moves smoothly.
Relaxing wise a nice bath can be good? All the aromatherapy stuff and that jazz. Or just having a few early nights. Taking some time to yourself is very important. Just to think about you for a few hours rather than anything else that's going on.
Take care xx

"Be nice. Think happy thoughts. Champion silver linings. Love all things (not just cute things like babies and kittens) & when you do love - love like they do in power ballads (you know like on a cliff with the wind in your hair and your eyes shut, knowing you'll never know love like this). Watch out for dog poo. Smile at people - even grumpy ones. Remember anything is possible & whatever you do always try to look on the bright side."

Tears and Rain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 06:01 PM   #5
raistlin
Strong Survivor

I am currently:

Sleep! Hehe. I would take a warm bath as well and relax. I might even pick up a book to read.
I hope work went better for you. :)

raistlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 07:18 PM   #6
Devil Girl

I am currently:

Hey thank you for your kind replies! Just had dinner when I got back to work so just coming online for a while. I am okay just now, but prob in an hour I will be shattered again. Work was okay, first I was clearing changing rooms so putting clothes back on the rail. I think moving about kept me awake! I was then put onto recovery which is just clearing up an area, getting it back in shape for tomorrow! So I was by myself doing one area then got asked to start on another cause no one was doing it! The female manager/assistant manager came and spoke to me for a few mins, just nice enough chat! I felt people were giving me a bit more of a chance cause I think the male manager yesturday that I mentioned thought it was my first day when it wasn't. Just that I had been on tills before. If I am left to my own devices eg told to do a section myself, I am generally fine. Also now that I am not on tills I am walking about more so to think positively about this I am saying that it is allowing me to get more exercise and loes weight....

Also thats the end of one long weekend!!! So glad it is over now! I have Cheaper By The Dozen 2 to watch as I rented it from lovefilm, so might watch that soon, maybe look at a magazine which i have lying about. The one thing that is annoying me is that my room is a mess! Just haven't had the energy to clean it but really wanting too though I know I should relax! Would have a bath but it is filled with books!!!!

Tomorrow I have decided if I am ready in time I will go through to the drop in just so I get some time away to talk to people and be myself I guess....

But thank you for your replies...was feeling really dead before work! Really nice to read some replies before I went and now that I am back! Just going to have a very lazy evening!

Lots of love Devil x

Devil Girl is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)