RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-02-2013, 10:33 PM   #1
Daenerys

Clonazepam - How did it affect you?

So I suffer with Bipolar 2 and Anxiety.
I am currently in a hypomanic stage.
I have been given 0.5mg of clonazepam, with my other prescribed drugs (quetiapine and lamotrigine)..

Is it supposed to be a "subtle" sedative effect or make you really drowsy/sleepy effect?

I didn't notice a difference, maybe a bit of floaty-ness in the head... but i was still buzzing as ever...

Please enlighten me on the drug Clonazepam pleaseeeeeeeeeee. :D Thank you

Last edited by Daenerys : 11-02-2013 at 10:34 PM. Reason: adding

"When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us." -Helen Keller

Daenerys is offline   Reply With Quote
One Hug Given By:
Old 11-02-2013, 10:55 PM   #2
Ballerina123
XXX

I am currently:

It dose make most people drowsy but not everyone. Some people have a a resilience to the medication and need a higher dose maybe your one of those people.

The average,
well-adjusted adult
gets up at 7.30am feeling just plain terrible.

Call me Kate.

I have dyslexia so please excuse my poor spelling and sometimes poor understanding.

Ballerina123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 11:24 PM   #3
Wonderland.

For me 0.5mg does nothing, but for others it does, everyones different. Maybe ask them to up the dose if you are not finding it effective.

'Cause I'll always remember you the same.
Oh eyes like wild flowers within demons of change ♥

Wonderland. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 11:54 PM   #4
roseblue
Pancakes

0.5mg is a small dose, some people don't get side effects from this dose size, others may react differently and notice more side effects.

I tolerate this drug well as i take it regularly but at first there was a little drowsiness and i am a small person.

What is the dosage plan they have given you? Is it an as and when needed? or daily basis?

roseblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 11:59 PM   #5
Daenerys

My first dose was 0.5mg and pretty much didn't get any drowsiness, was doing my every day things and didn't notice a difference.

I'm supposed to take it mid morning and mid afternoon at the same dose, so far..

"When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us." -Helen Keller

Old 12-02-2013, 12:04 AM   #6
roseblue
Pancakes

Right i see, is that every day for a couple of weeks? Sorry asking all the questions again :P

Old 12-02-2013, 12:05 AM   #7
Daenerys

I'm guessing yes, he didn't really say anything about the "future plan". apart from take this for this week.

Old 12-02-2013, 12:11 AM   #8
roseblue
Pancakes

Fair enough, i only asked because benzodiazepines are usually only given for a short course, unless they are used for epilepsy for example in which clonazepam can be given every day as an anticonvulsant.

I hope it helps you, given time

Old 16-02-2013, 12:17 AM   #9
lovetherain
nope

I am currently:

How I feel drastically depends on my body's condition when I take it. It doesn't work fast-acting for anxiety, in my experience, so I usually have to take more if my anxiety is acting up. Alternatively, if I take it on an empty stomach, it is more powerful! Drinking while taking it can also increase its effects. Those are some things to keep in mind.

Anyway! As for the general "feeling" I get from it... it's pretty unnoticeable now. I have been on it since October and I only really notice when I miss a dose (i take about 1mg a day, split into three doses). Bad, baaaad withdrawal side effects! When I do notice an effect, it's usually a slow calming feeling. It's like, "oh, I'm not buzzing around anymore." It's not like Xanax or certain other benzos that are just like GO TO SLEEP. I hate that so much haha.

Hope that helps some!

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseblue View Post
Fair enough, i only asked because benzodiazepines are usually only given for a short course
I have never, ever heard this from a doctor. I have been on Xanax through four doctors (over the last three years) and I am now on clonazepam (for anxiety) long-term, which has been reviewed by two pdocs and my primary.

i'm caught somewhere in between alive and living a dream
[...]
the walls are caving in as far as i can see

-andrew mcmahon, caves

dx: bipolar ii, borderline personality disorder, generalized chronic anxiety disorder, dysthymia.

lovetherain is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)