RYL Forums

Forum Jump

Old 13-06-2009, 09:05 PM   #1
always_alone

I am currently:
Sexual Health - ***Female*** period question - kinda descriptive

ok, this is really not my most favourite topic to discuss so i do apologise!, but i'm worried cos i do have a history of pelvic inflammatory disorder.
for the past few months my periods have been really irregular and i get like sharp stabbing pains around where my ovaries are. the've also been really watery with very light blood and i keep getting these massive blood clots about a couple of inches long by about half an inch wide. it's really painful to the point where i can't put pressure on my lower abdomen or lie on my tummy or anything, ibuprofen doesn't help either :(
is this normal and just like really bad period pains or something??? cos i know clots are normal sometimes, but it's still kinda scary.
really don't want to have to try and explain that to a doctor :s
xXx

My dearest daughter, Chloe,
i miss you more with each day that goes by and i am deeply sorry i never got to know you,
but know that i have never stopped loving you.
you will always have a place in my heart.
take care my child xXx

Old 13-06-2009, 09:13 PM   #2
whirlpools

it doesn't sound normal to me and i would definitely encourage you to see a doctor. it doesn't necessarily mean anything's wrong, but there might be. and if there isn't, the doctor will be able to find a way to make it less painful. but like i said, it doesn't sound right and would suggest you speak to a doctor.

i've spoken to my GPs about difficult periods before and they're really cool about it; i know it can be hard though. what's worrying you about speaking out about it?

Old 13-06-2009, 09:28 PM   #3
always_alone

I am currently:

i just find it a really awkward topic to discuss. i know it's normal and half of the worlds population goes through it but i still think it's kinda gross.
plus, i hate having to have internal exams and smear tests and stuff so i really don't want to have to go down that route again if i can avoid it, but given my med history it'll probably be the first thing they suggest.
xXx

i miss you more with each day that goes by and i am deeply sorry i never got to know you,
take care my child xXx

Old 13-06-2009, 09:36 PM   #4
whirlpools

aww hun i can understand that. i hope you don't have to either, but with something as important as the reproductive system it's better to get checked out. you could at least ask the doctor, then if they suggest an internal, then to consider that when you come to it. but if they don't think it's too much to worry about, they might be able to prescribe some medication to help. it is embarrassing, someone just has to mention the word "period" to me and i go bright red, but the more you talk about it, the easier it becomes. xxx

Old 13-06-2009, 09:49 PM   #5
always_alone

I am currently:

yeah, i might get an appt next week, but only if theres a female dr available, if they can do that anyway - my surgerys weird.
i just find the whole conversation so cringy and i laugh nervously all the way through it, so embarressing.
thanks hun
xXx

take care my child xXx

Old 13-06-2009, 11:07 PM   #6
Mandimoo
Mummy!!

I am currently:

with a history of PID do you see a gynaecologist at all? you could ask to be referred to a female one and have regular (6monthly) appointments with her, to maybe avoid further issues or to monitor anything that is happening. they can usually fit you into clinic if you're having problems before you're due to be seen again.

mand x

Mand, South Wales, Full-time working, single mother to 2 scarily independent girls.
I AM A PROUD PLUMERIA SISTER

Mand x

Old 13-06-2009, 11:31 PM   #7
always_alone

I am currently:

i don't have check-ups anymore cos i've been clear for two years now. second time around that is. i was hospitalised for it the first time several years back. they only gave me two follow up appts each time, 3 months appart. is actually very annoying cos i still have problems and each time i have to wait for a referall again - which, with the fricking NHS, takes about 6-8 weeks. i don't know, just don't want the hassle of waiting lists and about six different people prodding around with cotton buds again lol!
xXx

take care my child xXx

Old 14-06-2009, 12:15 AM   #8
Mandimoo
Mummy!!

I am currently:

if you ask your gp they might be able to get you a regular appointment since you keep having problems. mand x

Mand, South Wales, Full-time working, single mother to 2 scarily independent girls.
I AM A PROUD PLUMERIA SISTER

Mand x

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)