RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 14-11-2017, 09:03 PM   #81
Lilo

I am currently:

Yeah the course seems to have gotten more stressful as the weeks have gone on.

Luckily or tutor told us that the 2nd term is the quietest time and we'll have less work then which is good.

It is nerve wracking!
I think waiting for offers will be the worst bit.
Yeah my tutor said it takes them ages to do references as there are 100 + Access Students!

Have you been set many assignments yet?

Lilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2017, 09:34 PM   #82
Cacoethes
90's B*tch

I am currently:

Ive had a few assignments.
Plus on going work on my research project.
Got more coming up.
I really need to oragnise my time better and stop doing assignments the day of the deadline....

Overwhelmed week is a good name for it!

I'm fine! Totally fine. I don't know why it's coming out all loud and squeaky, 'cause really, I'm fine!

Who else is fine?!?!?

Cacoethes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2017, 11:27 PM   #83
HopeRises

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcatbug View Post
It's like that at uni too. week 8 on my degree course used to be known as 'overwhelmed week' because it was the week we all seemed to realise how much uni work we needed to do.
This is so true. If this was on Facebook I'd use the laughing reaction.

it's the week full of assignment guidance aswell which never helps with feeling less overwhelmed.

Good luck to ucas guys.

Life can be beautiful if you let it.
Step back, breathe and take it in

HopeRises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2017, 10:23 AM   #84
Cacoethes
90's B*tch

I am currently:

That is an excellent analogy Cat!
Makes a lot of sense

Thanks HopeRises!

I'm fine! Totally fine. I don't know why it's coming out all loud and squeaky, 'cause really, I'm fine!

Who else is fine?!?!?

Old 15-11-2017, 01:31 PM   #85
Lilo

I am currently:

I like the analogy and it's very true!
I do find it a lot easier to just do a bit of work at a time and not stress over everything that needs to be completed by X date.

I'm a bit annoyed today as I went into College for 9:30am and my only lesson of the day had been cancelled. We've missed 5/8 lessons so far as our tutor left after a few weeks and the replacement didn't turn up today even though she had pre arranged the times she could do with the head of the course.
So annoying as I could of spent more time asleep.

Old 15-11-2017, 03:13 PM   #86
HopeRises

I'd complain about that lilo cause it's messing with your eduction I don't know if you pay for your course but if you are that's even worse.

Old 15-11-2017, 03:22 PM   #87
Cacoethes
90's B*tch

I am currently:

Do you have a student rep?
We've been having problems with some of our tutors so we elected a student rep to go to meetings and write emails and stuff.

Who else is fine?!?!?

Old 15-11-2017, 06:13 PM   #88
Lilo

I am currently:

Yeah we have 2 class reps so they are going to complain on our behalf as we are so behind on work for the class. We haven't even been given any handouts for the classes that we've missed so we can't even self study.

Old 15-11-2017, 06:47 PM   #89
Cacoethes
90's B*tch

I am currently:

That's awful!
Hopefully your class reps will be able to give them a bit of a kick!

We've had to do quite a bit of self teaching with the powerpoints on our moodle site.
Not sure if you have moodle?

Who else is fine?!?!?

Old 15-11-2017, 08:02 PM   #90
Lilo

I am currently:

Yeah I'm hoping that once the lessons start up again we'll be given the backlog of notes. They have given us a new timetable and once a month we are due to have a 3 hour class to cover all the work we've missed!

We have a site like moodle and all our subjects have sections on there which our class PowerPoint slides and assignment briefs. But for this class there is nothing even on there to even look over.

Old 15-11-2017, 09:49 PM   #91
Cacoethes
90's B*tch

I am currently:

Wow!
Fingers crossed it gets sorted!

Thats really bad.
Even in our **** classes at least we still have stuff on moodle!

Who else is fine?!?!?

Old 04-12-2017, 10:54 PM   #92
HopeRises

How is everyone doing?

I'm assuming everyone is drowning in assignments at the moment.
What do you guys do to destress? I'm really struggling and seem to be a massive stresshead during all my waking hours

Old 04-12-2017, 11:12 PM   #93
Lilo

I am currently:

I'm definitely drowning in assignments right now.
I have 3 due this week and 2 next week.
I've been physically ill and my mental health has declined a bit so I've been finding it hard to keep doing my college work.

I find taking at least 30 minutes/1 hour out of my day to watch my favourite tv show, read a book or phone/meet up with friends helps me relax and destress.
Also sometimes I just have to accept that I'm not able to study for 3/4 hours every day and that it's ok to take a break. I hope you start feeling better soon though.

Old 04-12-2017, 11:35 PM   #94
The Worst Witch

I am currently:

Hi, I hope it’s ok to post. I’m not a student anymore (I had to quit and move to a new city because my mum died in October) but I’ve reapplied to go back in January.

I’m not sure if it’s the right decision or not. I know my mum would want me to be happy, but at the same time I’m worried is too soon. I’m understandably going through a lot right now, and I don’t know if I’m trying to go too fast in the whole “getting back to normal” thing.

This might actually warrant its own thread, but I wanted opinions from other students because you guys will know to a certain extent how stressful it’s going to be.

The Worst Witch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 12:51 AM   #95
HopeRises

I feel your pain lilo. I have one this week and two before Christmas and a presentation. I'm currently trying to cut a 18 min video into segmants..been doing it for hours and not getting anywhere. Makes me want to smash technology up haha.

Thanks for the advice. I'm trying to not work 24/7 but still find myself working.

Does your college know about your difficulties?

Worst Witch, I think you need to do whats best for you. It will be stressful but also it could be positive. I don't think there is a time frame for 'getting back to normal' some people will find they can do it quickly, and others it might take a little longer and either way, that's ok.

Old 05-12-2017, 01:01 AM   #96
Aubergine
You've got this.

I am currently:

Hey. *jumps in*

I start studying with the open university in February. My course website opens in January. I'm studying part time. Student finance is in place. I'm really nervous! I was due to start in October, but went a bit mad. I have been wanting to do this for so many years, but have always put it off. How do you cope with studying and mental health? I really don't want to screw this up!

“Our defeats are softened and our victories are sweetened because we did it together.” - Toby Ziegler.

This isn't everything you are.

Aubergine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 02:04 AM   #97
Auror.
Camden

Hi All,

I'm drowning as it's finals week, have a massive paper due and an exam and it's not going well.

To respond to others about is it the right time coping with stress, going back etc.... it's really just so subjective and individual to know when it's the right time, and there may just never be a right time. It might just be that it's your priority for the moment and figure out how to make that work.

School's hard and for me what helps changes day to day or week to week. The most helpful things I've found are having support and accountability in place, and just reaching out to ask for extra help and time on things when I need it. Some weeks that might be setting up multiple meetings to get my ass out of the house and to school (I go in person), some weeks that might be meeting with professors for extra help and forcing myself to ask fpor extensions on assignments when they are too much or I get behind.

I've found the best philosophy that has really helped me get through is accepting that it is going to be stressful and that I am going to struggle, and when that happens, I just do the best that I can. That if I'm overwhelmed it's not necessarily okay to just do nothing and let it pile up. That it means I have to find a way to break things down and do SOMETHING, even if it doesn't feel like enough. And then it means asking for help, extra time, etc. at school and reaching out to my supports health wise - therapist, dr, whatever you have to ways to help cope with the mentals. When I say you have to do something, there is a line there. I do have to prioritize my safety over school obviously, but in most other situations it is a lot of just trying to force myself to do things and break things down to make them more manageable.

Also I try to be careful what I say to people at uni. I wouldn't tell a professor details, but I do have accommodations set up, and I would tell them that I'm struggling with my mental health, and I would ask for some extra time or extra help.

Please do not give me virtual hugs unless you are only using the hug function on threads. Thanks.

You can't always keep it separate.
This is happening, this is part of you.

Auror. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 05:22 PM   #98
Cacoethes
90's B*tch

I am currently:

Hey guys!

Aubergine, I found the OU really helpful when I was doing my studies with them. Its pretty easy to get extensions on work if you need it and the tutors I had were amazing.

Camden, how are you getting on?

I am stressed.
I have assignments to do and uni interviews coming up.
I can't seem to get organised at all.
My notes are a shambles!

Who else is fine?!?!?

Old 10-12-2017, 08:05 PM   #99
Lilo

I am currently:

I hope everyone has had a good weekend.

I've been so tired from work that I haven't even opened any of my assignment folders as I can barely keep my eyes open once I get home.

I received an email yesterday saying that my UCAS application has been sent off which is both exciting and terrifying! I'm hoping I get achievable offers.

Old 10-12-2017, 08:10 PM   #100
Cacoethes
90's B*tch

I am currently:

I've got 3 invites to uni interviews now.
Its bloody terrifying!

Who else is fine?!?!?

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)