RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 27-03-2022, 12:03 PM   #1
lozza
just trying to fly εϊз

I am currently:
Felt like I couldn't stop

I relapsed with sh earlier on and I just kept going and going. It was like I couldn't stop. I was just fixated on the wound I had made and kept making it bigger and bigger. I haven't felt like that in a long long time.

I'm scared it will become habit again. I'm safe but what about the next time, that next urge, the next time I give in..

I'm just scared.

sometimes being strong means not holding back the tears but letting them fall
~˙·٠Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ٠·˙~

my fur baby girls are my life <3
r.i.p my beautiful girl jackie. i will love you always no matter what - 6/5/10

lozza is offline   Reply With Quote
6 Hugs Given By :
Old 07-04-2022, 03:04 AM   #2
Twisted Fate

I am currently:

What helped you stop self harm in the past? Relapses happen but it doesn't mean you will fall back into the habit. I would really think about what helped you in the past and see if you can use those things again. Was there something specific that triggered the relapse?

Forget the risk and take the fall if it's what you want it's worth it all

Twisted Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2022, 01:00 PM   #3
butterfly hearts

I am currently:

Just want to say I can relate. Really word to word I’ve just shared your experience recently. It’s so confusing and hard. Sorry I don’t have any advice. Just know you’re not alone.

Melancholia is my mummy
Black Rose is my cupboard hiding in buddie
All I'm Living For owns me...i'm her pet frog
Aimee in Wonderland is my best-ever-man-girl-lover
Lozza is my lovely care bear
A plumeria tree

<3 <3

butterfly hearts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2022, 06:16 PM   #4
Eir
ignoring the cacophony

I am currently:

Relapses happen. It’s like you always know that it’s an option. But that doesn’t mean you can’t move on from using it as a coping mechanism.
I find it useful to touch base with my support people when I slip up. It usually means my mental health needs tending- for me this is usually medication changes
I don’t usually tell then I’ve SHed - just that I’m not coping at the moment. And I have a good look at my sleep and stress patterns as well as some other signs to do with my mental health. Usually if I have SHed there is heaps of other signs that I haven’t managed to put together that show my mental health is not going great.
One slip up doesn’t mean you will do it again

...I try to outsmart him, but somehow he knows,
Wherever I am, that f***ing dog goes... - Dog, Andy Bull

No matter how bad things get, the true test is how we choose to respond to the pain we suffer, or inflict. - Amenadiel, Lucifer

Why is the path unclear,
When we know hope is near
Understand we'll go hand in hand, but we'll walk alone in fear
~~Margo is my penguin 🐧!!! ~~

Eir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2022, 12:21 PM   #5
lozza
just trying to fly εϊз

I am currently:

Thank you all for your words, and Kat I'm so sorry that things haven't been great for you either.

I don't quite know what triggered me that day but I self-harmed earlier on and that one I do know. Finally getting somewhere (again) in my recovery and I'm scared shitless. I can also feel my support worker is stepping back slowly and expects me to take more control, put in my own coping strategies instead of going straight to her.. and I get it I do. But I don't feel ready for that you know?? But then I guess no one quite feels ready..

Anxiety has been through the roof and meds (PRN) doesn't seem to be helping at all when I am anxious but no one is listening to me. I could take my whole days limit and it still wouldn't stop or take an inch off the anxiety. How am I meant to communicate this to my psychiatrist. I already asked if changing usual daily meds would be a possibility and she said no, that I'm on the best cocktail and it would be too risky to change anyway.. And I get and understand that but I'm also on fluoxetine (for the 4th time now) and after a period of time it seems to stop being as helpful and I need to switch and that does help but then eventually I always end up being back on it and the helpfulness like always is short lived

I feel like a am at crisis point right now and I haven't been here in years. The only reason I'm still alive is for the 5 cats in my care (3 are mine and 2 permanent fosters.)

Oh and I messaged my support worker telling her how I am currently feeling and she just replied saying that 'it will pass' ...ummm wish it was that damn easy!!!

I'll be back in my box of unhelpful not good things if anyone is looking for me.

sometimes being strong means not holding back the tears but letting them fall
~˙·٠Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ٠·˙~

my fur baby girls are my life <3
r.i.p my beautiful girl jackie. i will love you always no matter what - 6/5/10

lozza is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)