RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-05-2012, 11:56 AM   #1
squirrelspit

I am currently:
being judged because of my pregnancy.

i have an appointment in town in a few minutes but i was early so i nipped into maccy ds cos im staving plus im going swimming after so energy = good.p

Anyway, i was standing in the queue and there were these two women and they just started talking about me. I could hear them very clearly. apparently if im in maccy ds i dont care about my baby. oh, and my child has no hope because im not wearing a wedding ring. People like me are the reason why there are so many unruly youths about yadda ya.

Honestly, thats a fairly large assumption to make based on me wanting a burger and some chips, and i know i should just ignore it, but it upset me and really pissed me off.

i guess this is more of a rant sorry.

squirrelspit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 12:06 PM   #2
Snow White.
I am a fairy.

I am currently:

I think what they were saying about you being in McDonalds says much more about them than it does about you. You're completely right; you are doing nothing wrong. They, on the other hand, are making completely unfair and unjust assumptions about you, based on something inconsequential.

I know it must have been really difficult for you to hear that and sure you 'should' ignore it but these things don't just slide off our back sometimes. At the end of the day though, try and remember... you're better than them! :D

From my interactions with you and seeing you on here, I have no doubt that you'll be an amazing mother. And I am sure the people closer to you would say the same. And what they say is what matters - not what some drop kicks in mcdonalds think.

Hope you're okay <3
xx

Snow White. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 12:08 PM   #3
Bleeding Angel
This is my story, and your not part of it...

I am currently:

I do actually find that rather funny, i mean if its not good for the baby its not going to be good for the people that are there making assumptions. Unfortnaly its the society we live in, you cant do or be anything without someone somewhere making a judgement.

Best thing you can do is ignore it and know that you dont have a sad life judging others.

"Its not how long a star shines, what is remembered is the brightness of the light"

Bleeding Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 01:16 PM   #4
Amaranth
Leah

I am currently:

Should have given them a slap and blamed it on the pregnancy hormones!!

^ Obviously I'm not seriously condoning violence - Would have been funny though!!

Amaranth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 05:22 PM   #5
Tig

What a rubbish experience to go through. It definitely says more about them than you lovely. I can understand though why it wouldn't be easy to just ignore it - words do hurt.

I don't know you, only from around here, but you seem like a lovely person and at least you don't go around making judgements about people like those two clearly do.

x

Tig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 05:27 PM   #6
The One Who

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by squirrelspit View Post
Anyway, i was standing in the queue and there were these two women and they just started talking about me. I could hear them very clearly. apparently if im in maccy ds i dont care about my baby. oh, and my child has no hope because im not wearing a wedding ring. People like me are the reason why there are so many unruly youths about yadda ya.
Were these women of the elderly variety? If so, ignore them. Seriously. Bitching about the 'youth of today' is a past time of theirs. I've been known to challenge them. Don't let them annoy you or get your down.

The One Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 05:31 PM   #7
sajhfuahuefghaeg

I love you Charlie, you are going to be a fantastic mother. Don't let silly old women get you down. <3

sajhfuahuefghaeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 06:47 PM   #8
squirrelspit

I am currently:

They were like middle aged ish.

do you know whats stupid.. it was pissing it down outside and they were both wearing sandals.

I wanted to say to them 'dont bitch about my choices for the day when you've both come out in entirely the wrong footwear'

thanks for the replies. I was rather fuming.

Old 03-05-2012, 09:24 PM   #9
talaiporia
Chat Mod

I am currently:

Everybody goes to McDonalds . . . are you supposed to be banned for being pregnant? It seems like rather odd logic... And what horrible people talking about someone while they could hear.

It doesn't matter where you come from; it matters where you go.
No-one gets remembered for the things they didn't do.
We won't all be here this time next year,
so while you can take a picture of us.
We're definitely going to hell,
but we'll have all the best stories to tell.

talaiporia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 09:29 PM   #10
Bellatrix
Voldemort's Bitch

I am currently:

^Yeah, it's like when people post stuff online and don't understand why people get offended when they read it. If you do something in public, deal with the consequences. Silly old women! Also, they were in McDonalds so do the same negative comments apply to them?! Morons.

I'm sorry you experienced that Charls. Remember that you have a lot of love and support and just coz two moody old bags have an opinion doesn't mean they're correct. Lots of people have perceptions that are just plain wrong but they don't realize coz they're ignorant.

Imperfection is underrated.

Bellatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 10:53 PM   #11
Rockyb_123
Catherine

I am currently:

What everyone else said basically. Plus amusement at their footwear choice.
Everything is fine in moderation, it was only McDonalds, it wasn't as if you were chowing down on seafood while drinking copies amounts of alcohol and whatever else is bad when you're pregnant.

Where were you when my walls came falling down?
You tried to hide, you stood close by and didn't make a sound.
Say something.

Rockyb_123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 12:46 AM   #12
squirrelspit

I am currently:

everything is bad when you are pregnant.

I can not wait to get the baby out and eat me a very rare giant steak.

Old 04-05-2012, 12:51 AM   #13
griddlebone
Head of Chat/Forum Mod.

I am currently:

Lol what twats. Next time tell them that being pregnant doesnt make you deaf and that if theyre going to bitch about you can they at least do it out of ear shot.
Also are we living in the middle ages where you must be married to concieve. Really charlie you shouldve beeen chained to the sink instead of out and about :/

Alsooooo they were in McDonalds too, judgemental bitches!x

There are times to stay put, and what you want will come to you.
But there are times to go out into the world and find such a thing for yourself.
I aint no abacus but you can count on me.

griddlebone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 01:04 AM   #14
Rockyb_123
Catherine

I am currently:

What's wrong with steak?! I've heard of seafood and eggs, which seem sort of nearly logical, but steak? Surely that's the best thing you can eat on behalf oof the child!

Where were you when my walls came falling down?
You tried to hide, you stood close by and didn't make a sound.
Say something.

Rockyb_123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 01:22 AM   #15
squirrelspit

I am currently:

steak = fine
steak that is anything other than well done = not fine.

eggs = fine
eggs with runny yolks = not fine.

ALL FUN = NOT FINE.

Old 04-05-2012, 02:10 AM   #16
Snow White.
I am a fairy.

I am currently:

When are you due Charlie? ie. HOW LONG TILL RARE STEAK?!

Snow White. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 02:14 AM   #17
[Purple_Rain]
Forum Mod

I am currently:

9th July.

Not sure why I know that...

"I would be almighty in my own world of art, even if I had to paint my pictures with my wet tongue on the dusty floor of my cell." -Picasso
"No, painting is not done to decorate apartments. It is an instrument of war." - Picasso

'I have scars becuase I have a past; but they, like my past, do not define my future'

[Purple_Rain] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 07:41 AM   #18
Mrs Sam
Nothing Special

I am currently:

Charlie I had people who were judgemental when I was pregnant due to many things; the fact I was overweight was a particular favourite of mine :/ it was like I should have made sure I lost many weight before I got pregnant even though they know nothing about why I was overweight.

They really must be lIving in the dark ages though and to be honest it's sad that people can be that narrow minded as they really must have sad little lives.

McDonald's is also lovely when youre pregnant (well so I found). It was one food I found to be able to keep down as it was quite bland.

Something Special.

Mrs Sam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 08:25 AM   #19
akita

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaranth View Post
Should have given them a slap and blamed it on the pregnancy hormones!!

^ Obviously I'm not seriously condoning violence - Would have been funny though!!

akita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 11:41 AM   #20
Kame

I am currently:

This is why we went through the drive thru when we went to Maccy D's last night, so we don't have to have social interaction :P

It's so stupid how some people can be so ignorant and think they can judge people on how they look. Next time you should slap them with a rare steak.

You can't lose hope when it's hopeless.
You gotta hope more,
then put your fingers in your ears and go,
"Blah blah blah blah!"

I miss you Pip ♥

Kame is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)