RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-11-2008, 10:19 AM   #1661
half rainbow

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HorseRidinBbe07 View Post
"you and i have pasts, families we come from, things we've done, mistakes you've made, and where we've been and what we've done has shaped us into who we are today. So we have to embrace our story, our history. you don't have to be proud of it, but you do have to claim it because it's YOURS"
^what i just read/heard in the nooma video 'name'... i was like o.O

<3 rob bell ^_^
The first time I watched that I sobbed my way through it! The Nooma DVD's are absolutley fantastic, and that one really rings true with how I so often feel. Rob Bell is truly blessed at preaching and writing

half rainbow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 05:13 PM   #1662
Angel_Girl
Polar Bear - you people are melting MY ICE!

I am currently:

Liz: Praying.

God made sure we'd meet.

Angel_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 06:55 PM   #1663
aquatickitten

I am currently:

liz, have you tried finding another way to find the same release? personally i like to go for a run, it releases the same endorphins and leaves me feeling accomplished instead of guilty :)

ad honestly as much as i complain about being busy or schoolwork or whatever, i love it all. i'm just weird :) i don't think i'd be happy in a field that wasn't academically challenging, which is one of many reasons being a doctor is a great fit...all that new research to keep up with :) it's not my main reason for choosing that by far, but it's one of the little details that makes me think "hmm, wow, this is remarkably well orchestrated" and confirms that God's behind it :)

aquatickitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 06:56 PM   #1664
risenfromperdition
you are loved and beautiful :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by angel_kisses View Post
The first time I watched that I sobbed my way through it! The Nooma DVD's are absolutley fantastic, and that one really rings true with how I so often feel. Rob Bell is truly blessed at preaching and writing
agreed =]

“The good things don’t always soften the bad, but vice-versa, the bad things don’t necessarily spoil the good things and make them unimportant.”
“Nobody important? Blimey, that’s amazing. Do you know, in nine hundred years of time and space I’ve never met anyone who wasn’t important before.”
“If it’s time to go, remember what you’re leaving. Remember the best. My friends have always been the best of me.”

risenfromperdition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 10:32 PM   #1665
healingraine
Psalm 34

I am currently:

Aaah! ochem!
I don't think I'll ever have to take it, but it's the class we all hear horror stories about...
I just don't much care for chem... I'm making an A in gen chem for science majors right now, but I just don't like it...

&&& I placed out of 14 hours of french! Woot! (after only having taken 2 years of high school french)
So I get to start in the advanced 3000 level classes!
But there's not one that works with my schedule next semester, so i'm going to take general psychology.
Oughta be interesting...

SI free solely by the grace of God!
August 2, 2007

healingraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 10:51 PM   #1666
Freedom Fighter

ochem is the class that makes or breaks you for prehealth

Then wear the gold hat, if that will move her;
If you can bounce high, bounce for her too,
Till she cry "Lover, gold-hatted, high-bouncing lover,
I must have you!"

Thomas Parke D’Invilliers

Freedom Fighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 11:39 PM   #1667
healingraine
Psalm 34

I am currently:

that's what I've heard. and like 80% of my class is headed towards med school, so they're def dreading it!

August 2, 2007

Old 07-11-2008, 01:14 AM   #1668
dazedandconfused

I am currently:

yeah..i'm finding that the temptation is worse now than it was before....=/
stupid spiritual warfare! lol...i'll live though :)

praying for you squiggles :) know what you're goin through lol

guys...i feel really bad! some of you guys remember my name and i feel horrible cuz i'm not that talented at remembering yours...but i'm prayin for you all :)

Love so amazing, so divine
demands my soul, my life, my all. =)

dazedandconfused is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 01:38 AM   #1669
Freedom Fighter

*hugs Eryn*

I must have you!"

Old 07-11-2008, 03:59 AM   #1670
aquatickitten

I am currently:

salanna: 0.o really? what are you majoring in? and i think you'll like psych :)

yeah, i've got my fingers crossed about ochem. i mean...statistically, everyone can't hate it and/or suck at it, right? otherwise why would we have people who major in and teach it? i start gen chem this coming semester (took anatomy to start with), but from my course in high school, i seem to be pretty good at it. ...okay, that's a lie, i was the unofficial TA. i was really good at it. so, maybe i'll get lucky and not have too much trouble with ochem...:crosses fingers. and toes.:
although...it's about more than just premed/MCAT, since the undergrad degree I'm working toward is gonna be in cell biology/neuroscience...:makes hopeful faces:

Last edited by aquatickitten : 07-11-2008 at 04:02 AM. Reason: adding
aquatickitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 04:04 AM   #1671
healingraine
Psalm 34

I am currently:

In my impact group, which is a small group Bible study through Chi Alpha (XA), which is a Christian organization on campus, we're going around sharing about our past, our testimony... what made us who we are today.
I can't possibly do that without talking about SI, my suicide attempt... so this will be hard... I managed to stall this week, so I'm going next week...
& I'm not sure if I'll share this one other thing... I've only ever told one person, I haven't even shared with you guys... I mean, I know I can trust these ladies, they're sweet, Christians. I know they'll support me, and not think badly of me... but it's so incredibly hard to share...

Lord, I praise Your mighty name, and I thank You that You have not given me a spirit of timidity, but of power, of love, and of a sound mind. I ask that You guide my tongue next thursday night, and help me to share my journey in a way that brings glory to Your Holy name. I ask that you would guide me that I may know which parts I should share, and which parts can wait. I ask these things in the name of Your precious Son, Jesus, to Him be all the glory, forever and ever, Amen.

August 2, 2007

Old 07-11-2008, 04:12 AM   #1672
healingraine
Psalm 34

I am currently:

I have absolutely no idea what I want to do! Absolutely none at all!!!
Which isn't good, because I found out that since I'll have more than 45 hours of credit when I "graduate high school", universities won't let me put down "undecided". So yikes! I don't have too long to decide!
I'm incredibly anxious that I don't have even the slightest idea... but perhaps God's waiting for the right time to reveal that part of His plan to me. Maybe this is His way of teaching me to trust Him?
(and since I'm just in a prayerful mood!)

God, I know that You are Jehovah-Jireh, the God who provides. Please help me to trust You, because You have promised that You will provide me everything I need if I seek You first. Lord I pray that You would cleanse my heart of any idols that I may have set up in the place where You rightfully belong. There is none other worthy of praise! You are my rock, and all other ground is sinking sand! I know that You will not let me fall, and You will not allow my foot to be moved. Teach me to trust You more deeply, O Lord. Help me to trust You only, and not rely on my own understanding. Help me to acknowledge You in all of my ways, because I know that if I do, You will lead me on a straight path. Amen

August 2, 2007

Old 07-11-2008, 02:51 PM   #1673
Freedom Fighter

you cant be a natural science undeclared salanna

I must have you!"

Old 08-11-2008, 11:36 PM   #1674
tamobhuuta

i think i got a U (a fail) for a piece of work for art. i deserve it, it's shocking. but the reason it's terrible because the two weeks we spent doing it the urges to cut and the Voice were very loud and strong, but i had decided to trust God so i didn't cut. unfortunately i think that meant that i put all that into the artwork instead of my skin. i avoided SH to weaken the Voice's control of me, because i want so badly to be near God, but... i don't like failing. it's so difficult because i deserve to fail as far as the Voice is concerened, and if success doesn't come from God it's not worth having. but how can failure give glory to God? and i'm worried my teacher will want me to redo it, and i don't thnk i can. if i take all that out of the picture, i'll have to find somewhere else to 'put' it and i think that will be very destructive. am i making sense? have i been right not to cut? i don't know, this is confusing...

Ying tong iddle ai po!

tamobhuuta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 12:02 AM   #1675
Stress Free Anxiety
Felicia

I am currently:

*hugs* I'm not to great with advice when it comes to faith, but I can offer all my hugs and support in what seems to be a very difficult time for you.

Stress Free Anxiety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 01:54 AM   #1676
Tears Of Blood
You need to feel just to know that you're alive

I am currently:

Hi all, I think I made my presence here known a while back but I've just kinda been lurking since then trying to hang on to what's left of my faith so I just thought I'd pop back in and say hi, and thinking of you all

~Jewel~

I try to love the sinner but it's more than the sin will allow. I've looked a long time into the dark,
hoping the truth would show me how
~Bad Cliché

Tears Of Blood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 02:43 AM   #1677
healingraine
Psalm 34

I am currently:

Tom~ I'm in a weird program...
It's called TAMS (texas academy of mathematics & science).
Basically we spend our last 2 years of high school at UNT (uni. of North Texas). We live in a dorm, take all of our classes with the normal uni students... The only difference between us and the normal UNT students is that we have a strict curfew... So we take majors classes for all of our sciences, because they're assuming we're all going into some field of science (in 99% of cases, they're right)... But we don't technically have a major until we "graduate high school"...
^(this is why, generally instead of explaining my school situation, I just say that I go to a special school!)

August 2, 2007

Old 10-11-2008, 03:24 AM   #1678
helpmydeath
Hypnotic love dancer

I am currently:

So today in mass, we were talking about how we should see every individual as a temple of Christ, and that instantly brought me back to the reading where it says that we are temples of Christ and whoever harms the temple of Christ shall be punished. that was the exact scripture that my sister read to me when she found out that i SIed. i know it's been talked about before, but i'd like to open it for discussion again. what does everyone think of this scripture?

*..life in pain.. *-my older sis; Sweetest Downfall-my jellybean; greenspot-my cousin; TokioPanik!-my TokioHotelTwin; darkdestiny-my pet monkey; I-Feel-Infinate-my gerbil; frombullets2black-my llama; livingnotbreathing-my fellow spy; UnsureOne-my pet goldfish; xXxHis_fallen_angelxXx-my pet monkey; ashy_ashy18-my sister; Aryn is my fellow ninja and partner in crime

Apocalyptic and insane, but my dreams will never change

Dance tonight like no one watches<3ILoveYou

helpmydeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 04:36 AM   #1679
Tears Of Blood
You need to feel just to know that you're alive

I am currently:

1 corinthians 6 verse 19 seems to be the scripture in question however I can't find anything about punishment there, simply that your body is a temple of Christ and you are not your own, but verse 18 before that refers to sexual sins, but that aside. anything from s/h to eating junk food *could* be considered harming the temple of Christ. You mentioned mass so I am assuming you are Catholic please forgive/correct me if I'm wrong. I myself am not Catholic and am not 100% certain on what their belief system is. I was raised Anglican/Church of England/Episcopal (I think that covers all the areas we have on this site lol) I tend to think of it as a sin. But the beauty of grace is that sins can be forgiven and you can be given another chance, even when you're convinced you've blown your last one and I don't see how s/h is any different than any other sin, sin is sin is sin. And thankfully God is very forgiving. ~Jewel~

I try to love the sinner but it's more than the sin will allow. I've looked a long time into the dark,
hoping the truth would show me how
~Bad Cliché

Tears Of Blood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 04:49 AM   #1680
Stress Free Anxiety
Felicia

I am currently:

Rabbi Kushner says exactly my thoughts in his book Who Needs God (a lovely non-denominational book about finding God):

"Without pretending to understand the process, I believe the authors of the Bible capture God's will on moral issues better than any other source. But it was God's first words on the subject, not His last. The last word has not been head yet. We can feel that we have gone beyond the promise of reward and threat of punishment which we find in parts of the Bible, and we have learned (in large measure from the pages of the Bible itself) to be uncomfortable with its commands to stone Sabbath-breakers or kill Amalekites."

To me it means that while we should mind what the Bible says, we should remember that God has also guided us away from some very harsh punishments that were commanded in the Bible. The God I'm beginning to truly know again is one of forgiveness, not of anger or one that enjoys punishment. He knows that we are human and, in that, we are prone to messing up. What I'm trying to say, I guess, is that I don't think He'll smite us down because of our self-harm or hold it against us so long as we confess that we've done wrong and ask for His forgiveness. That doesn't mean I think we should indulge in SH, but that we should keep that verse in mind before we harm. And if we do harm, aknowledge that in hurting ourselves we've also hurt Him though prayer.

Did that make any sense?

Stress Free Anxiety is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)