RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 15-02-2017, 05:54 PM   #1
poiuytrewq

I am currently:
Backtracking from recovery.

As the title states, I've been backtracking from my anorexia recovery. During my last weigh in at my doctor's about a month ago, she mentioned that I have been doing well so far and was on the road to recovery. Due to the weight gained to hit the "healthy" check mark, I've been feeling pretty gross at my body and ended up skipping meals again. Its gotten to the point that I feel physically sick when I eat sometimes. I'm scared my doctor will end up warding me again so any tips on how to get over this phase would be greatly appreciated.

poiuytrewq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2017, 10:08 AM   #2
tiptoes
Forum Mod

I am currently:

Remember recovery isn't an linear process there will be times when things get harder and you want to give in.

It can be difficult when people say well intentioned things but they trigger thoughts. Are you having any therapeutic support at the moment? It sounds like talk to someone about how you feel about your body might be helpful.

In terms of tips to help get through this phase, I find things get easier when I am in a routine. Do you remember what helped you when initially started recovery?

In my dreams I slew the dragon

tiptoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2017, 06:51 PM   #3
poiuytrewq

I am currently:

I do have a psychologist but she's working closely with my main doctor too so I don't really want to confide in her. Its kinda embarrasing to talk about it my body with others since I'm a guy and often just get told bulking up is good. I'm just trying to eat with friend and family so I have someone to distract me from the act but when I'm alone, i end up skipping. I've never heard of diaphragmatic breathing before. Will look it up online and try it the next time it happens. Thanks for the advise.

Old 20-02-2017, 06:19 PM   #4
poiuytrewq

I am currently:

I do distract myself by using my phone during meals but I end up worrying about whether I overate once the meal is over. It frustrates me how I'm still so caught up over eating even after seeing a doctor for nearly a year now. It just doesn't feel like my body image issues are going to go away no matter how hard I try. Sorry if I sound like I'm ranting but I'm just annoyed at myself.

Old 23-02-2017, 05:22 PM   #5
poiuytrewq

I am currently:

I was given a diet and I'm trying to follow it but it just keeps feeling like I'm overeating. I might not actually be eating sufficiently but my that keeps telling me to stop. The guidelines do help in a way that I know the minimum i should be consuming though so that's a plus point. But when it comes to meeting the minimum its a whole other story.

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)