RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-03-2024, 03:39 PM   #1
not_so_insig
It's Bouquet! B-U-C-K-E-T!

I am currently:
Wanting to harm myself

My cat was put to sleep after a short illness yesterday. The vet said he most likely had cancer. He was only 5 so not terribly old. As detailed in a previous thread he was the only thing that kept me going sometimes. But now I don't have anything and rn I can't see the point.

My dad's cousin died on my birthday so I was sad about that too. Like my cat she had cancer too.

I am just naturally very upset and took prn twice yesterday (not an OD but within prescribed limits). I can't cook because my concentration is so shit atm I would be liable to cause a fire.

How do I live? I plan on contacting my cpn on Monday as my cat used to like her and he always had a fuss from her. I just really want to end my life. Rn I feel physically wobbly which isn't helping.

Last edited by not_so_insig : 02-03-2024 at 04:06 PM.

Wannabe CPN : -)
"He who is tired of Weird Al is tired of life." - Homer Simpson
"I hear those voices that will not be drowned"
Sanity is a nasty disease. The world would be a happier place without it. - Rilic
RIP Kat 4th July 1987- 11th June 2013

not_so_insig is online now   Reply With Quote
2 Hugs Given By :
Old 02-03-2024, 04:41 PM   #2
one_step_closer
The Shadow of the Day

I'm so sorry this has happened, Dawn. You were both so good for each other. Grief is always difficult especially when it comes suddenly. Please do all the safe things you need to do to get through this. I know that really powerful negative emotions and thoughts can come from things like this but I also believe you are strong enough to get through this safely. I hope you can get some support from your CPN. What might you be able to do to help you through until you can get to speak to her?

I put it down on paper and then the ghost does not ache so much.

Don't try to calm the storm, calm yourself, the storm will pass.

You didn't come this far just to come this far.

one_step_closer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2024, 04:48 PM   #3
not_so_insig

I am currently:

Thanks for your reply Lindsay. The voices are tormenting me and I am getting really bad SI urges. Other than taking prn idk what to do. He was such a good boy and rn I can't think of a life without a cat.

Sanity is a nasty disease. The world would be a happier place without it. - Rilic

Old 02-03-2024, 05:08 PM   #4
one_step_closer
The Shadow of the Day

Please try and challenge the voices, what they say about you being to blame is 100% not true. It's ok to take PRN if you need to and it's helpful. Is there anyone you can spend time with/talk to? Right now things are raw but maybe in the future you could get another cat, not to replace Spot, but as another companion.

Old 02-03-2024, 06:28 PM   #5
not_so_insig

I am currently:

I am going to spend time with my parents as it's my brothers birthday soon. I can't tell them my true feelings as they would overreact and they don't get mh.

Old 02-03-2024, 06:36 PM   #6
one_step_closer
The Shadow of the Day

Do you think it will be helpful to just be with them at least? It's hard when you have to hide your true feelings.

Old 02-03-2024, 10:30 PM   #7
not_so_insig

I am currently:

Yes i find it semi helpful to be with my parents. I have to be brave for the sake of my brother. I won't do anything until my brother's birthday because I won't ruin it. But i struggled last night.

I looked on my local cats protection website but they don't have a suitable cat atm on there. If I survive through this then I will in reality get another kitty when I am feeling ready. But rn I don't.

Last edited by not_so_insig : 02-03-2024 at 10:48 PM.

Old 03-03-2024, 12:46 PM   #8
one_step_closer
The Shadow of the Day

Please don't do anything serious after your brother's birthday either. I know you can get through this with your own strength and the right support. I understand that it is so painful and you will be having strong urges but you have survived so much already.

Old 03-03-2024, 01:42 PM   #9
not_so_insig

I am currently:

I have sent a text to my cpn (have her work mobile phone number). I know she won't read it today because it's only switched on during office hours.

I am having physical symptoms which are probably due to shock. I am taking prn meds because i feel that i need them.

Thanks Lindsay. If anything rn I just feel like binge eating which I suppose is better than suicide. I know I have 111 as an option as well as pet loss helplines.

Last edited by not_so_insig : 03-03-2024 at 02:15 PM.

Old 03-03-2024, 06:29 PM   #10
one_step_closer
The Shadow of the Day

Sounds like you know all the right things to do, please use the safe things you need. I'm glad you have reached out to your CPN, although you know she's not there right now I think it can help to reach out and know that it's done and will be acted on.

Old 03-03-2024, 11:42 PM   #11
not_so_insig

I am currently:

Thanks Lindsay. Several mh professionals have said that I have good coping skills and i know when to use prn/distractions. I will try and use them. Fingers crossed my cpn will get in contact with me this week.

I have been out today hence the late response and I think that it did me good. I am trying to use tv as a distraction but it's both a blessing and a curse. For example Casualty triggered me yesterday and the ad break on itv triggered me today because it showed a cat food advert. I think I will stick to dvds/iplayer for the next few days.

I thought about painting a picture of my cat but idk if it's a stupid idea or not. The grief is too raw to start it however atm.

Today I don't feel suicidal which is good. However that doesn't mean that I am ok.

Last edited by not_so_insig : 03-03-2024 at 11:49 PM.

Old 04-03-2024, 01:09 PM   #12
one_step_closer
The Shadow of the Day

I'm glad the suicidal feelings have eased but I understand that's not all you're going through. I think you are very good at knowing how to safely get through things, that is such a strength. Maybe try and get out as much as you can if that is helpful. Dvds and iplayer sound like a good alternative to TV right now. I think it's a lovely idea to paint a picture of your cat when you feel able. I hope you hear from your CPN soon.

Old 04-03-2024, 01:48 PM   #13
not_so_insig

I am currently:

Thanks. My cpn sent me a text which was supportive and to let her know if i needed extra support. I feel the support she has given me is all I need atm. But I am trying to use my coping skills. Atm being stuck in my flat isn't any worse than normal. I think I will be ok with just prn.

Thanks for saying its not a stupid idea. I am not suicidal and my voices are less today so that's good.

Last edited by not_so_insig : 04-03-2024 at 02:03 PM.

Old 04-03-2024, 01:49 PM   #14
one_step_closer
The Shadow of the Day

That's good that your CPN got back to you quickly and was helpful and you can contact her again if you need more support. Keep going.

Old 07-03-2024, 11:12 PM   #15
not_so_insig

I am currently:

An update. I have no physical symptoms any more which is good. Probably was shock. My brother's birthday has been and gone. I didnt harm myself after it. I haven't taken prn meds for 2 days now and I don't feel like i need them but I have enough should I feel I need them. The voices have fucked off today after nearly a week hearing them. I haven't been in contact with my cpn as I feel like I am doing ok.

However my eating and alcohol drinking increased since last Friday. I haven't binged on either of them (just above normal levels). However saying that both yesterday and today I have ate and drank less than previous days so that's slowly returning to what's normal for me.

I have requested my cat's ashes back from the vet (please dont judge as they're important to me). From previous experience my voices will increase when I get him back but I feel like I will be getting closure when i do get him back. I don't feel ready for another cat just yet but I know that one day my heart will be ready. Just not now.

Old 08-03-2024, 12:58 PM   #16
one_step_closer
The Shadow of the Day

I'm glad things are improving, Dawn. I hope you will be able to manage ok when you get your cats ashes. No judgement here, I have Church's ashes in a nice wooden sleeping cat shaped box. I don't think I could just let go of him completely.

Old 09-03-2024, 04:24 PM   #17
not_so_insig

I am currently:

Sorry I didn't reply Lindsay I have been busy over the past few days. Thanks for your reply. It's been just over a week since I lost my cat. Compared to this time last week I am much better. I keep on getting cat related emails (from pet product companies I have ordered from in the past) but they're no longer bothering me I just delete them and move on. I know that I can unsubscribe but I don't want to as they will prove useful for a future kitty.

My eating has decreased and so has my drinking. Ok they're still above what is normal for me but they're getting better. I feel like I am stuck in limbo as I can't move on until I get my cat back. But that could be weeks yet as I have had to wait a month before.

I am just sleeping all the time. It seems to be my way of coping. Yesterday I managed to cook something which I haven't done for a week. Ok it was a microwave ready meal but to me it's a big achievement. I am no longer crying. I know i will be much better once I can start reading my book (thankfully there are no cats in it) again. I will finish it at some point.

Last edited by not_so_insig : 09-03-2024 at 04:47 PM.

Old 09-03-2024, 05:12 PM   #18
one_step_closer
The Shadow of the Day

Keeping busy sounds like a good idea. What's making it hard for you to read your book?

Old 14-03-2024, 08:22 PM   #19
not_so_insig

I am currently:

Sorry I forgot to reply. I just didn't have the concentration to read my book as my head felt too jumbled.

I am doing much better now. My eating and drinking have gone down/back to normal levels. I got my cats ashes back this afternoon so I feel like I can move on. I was fully expecting the voices to kick in once I got him back but thankfully so far they have stayed away. I just feel emotional which is understandable. I took prn last night and will see how I feel about taking more. See how I go. I know I will be ok after tonight now that I have him back.

I see my cpn on Tuesday and I know I have her support as she has proved to be super supportive in the past and recently.

Old 15-03-2024, 02:42 PM   #20
one_step_closer
The Shadow of the Day

I'm glad things are getting better and although you are emotional about your cat you can still feel the comfort of having him home. I'm also glad you feel so supported by your CPN.

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)