RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-03-2008, 07:18 PM   #1
xbeckyx

Helping my dad

Okay my dad mentioned yesterday when I was in hospital that he doesn't understand anything about SI and why I do it and I was too out of it (and didn't really feel like having that convo then) to try and explain so I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on what to tell him? I was thinking about just giving him the links to some websites but he's useless at technology lol.
Thanks

xbeckyx is offline   Reply With Quote
One Hug Given By:
Old 11-03-2008, 07:51 PM   #2
Ash*

I am currently:

If you have a look around the main site there's some good information that you could copy and paste and print out?
Maybe highlight the things you think that relate you to more,or that you think are important for him to understand.
Sounds like he's willing to try and understand so he can help you or be there for you,which in itself is fabulous.

=]

Just have a look around here, and other websites you think are good and print some stuff out, try and talk to him too if he asks about it, I know it's not easy,with anyone,let alone a parent,so don't stress about not feeling up to it,just make sure he knows you appreciate it and you will when you're ready?

"Watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it."

Ash* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 08:01 PM   #3
xbeckyx

Yeh thanks, I was trying to find somewhere there would say it clearly but not in a patronising way if you know what I mean.
I'll have a look around on here and a few other websites.

Has anyone else given info to their parents? Or friends or someone?

Old 11-03-2008, 08:03 PM   #4
Detour. Derail
~* Formerly Voice Of Reason*~

I am currently:

He must really care if hes asking you to explain...my parents just jumped to all the WRONG conclusions.
try find some information off websites.
Also...try turn things into vivid images or descriptions for him as well.
Thats what I do when I'm explaining things to my counsellor.

...&& the cracks begin to show...
**Lex**

Detour. Derail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 08:05 PM   #5
Ash*

I am currently:

If you don't think things are totally suitable,do some of it yourself, get the info,and change it to suit you.

"Watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it."

Ash* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 08:08 PM   #6
xbeckyx

^^ Thanks. The first time he found out he just got angry and never mentioned it again. Now he's a lot better just completely clueless lol. He never asked me to explain but then I didn't give him much chance, I just want him to have a lsightly better idea about it rather than knowing nothing.

^Yeh good idea, thanks.

Old 11-03-2008, 10:29 PM   #7
xbeckyx

Thanks that's a really useful link :)

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)