RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-12-2017, 10:32 PM   #1
yoyogirl

I am currently:
postponing uni

Hi All
I have made a really tough decision that it's taken me quite some time to get my head around as I know the impact it has on my life and that is I am going to focus my main attention on my work at the company and postpone my degree course until 2018 the reason being is that I need some space to really focus on the calls, accuracy and at the same time improve my mental health. As you are aware of my previous posts that things in my life have taken a tumble and I'm not really coping with work and studying.
Am I doing the right thing? should I continue with the course?
I want to give it a hundred percent but I feel I have bitten more than I can chew

Have you ever confused a dream with life? Or stolen something when you have the cash? Have you ever been blue? Or thought your train moving while sitting still? Maybe I was just crazy. Maybe it was the 60's. Or maybe I was just a girl... interrupted.
I know what it's like to want to die. How it hurts to smile. How you try to fit in but you can't. How you hurt yourself on the outside to try to kill the thing on the inside. I tried groups, didn't work out just made my depression a lot worse.

yoyogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 10:49 PM   #2
HopeRises

Only you know if you have made the right decision. I don't know if it is the same through OU but, uni at this time of year is SO stressful with so many assessments due in. If this is the same for you then maybe do you think once you've got over this bit you will be ok again? like I said, I don't know how OU works but I know during stressful periods I just want to give up and run but I know after its all done I feel so much better.

If I remember rightly you're in your final year? so it is a final push. I do understand what you mean and where you're coming from but maybe it's something to think about when thinking about delaying it further?! is there anyone at uni you can access to discuss your choices?

Like I said, you know if you've made the right choice and you need to do whats best for you. If that is delaying uni then so be it. You can always go back to education.

Life can be beautiful if you let it.
Step back, breathe and take it in

HopeRises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 05:46 AM   #3
PassedExpectations
a mirror that reflects it

I am currently:

None of us can predict the future. And that includes you... so it makes sense that you feel uncertain- you can't get a solid answer from yourself. And you're not going to be able to get it from others either. As uncomfortable as it is, you're going to have to make a decision and move forward with your life and see how it plays out. It sounds like you've put thought into your decision and evaluated the pros and cons. Whatever you decide to do, if it doesn't work the way you wanted, you can think about other decisions to try to bring your life back closer to what you want it to be like.

this is my magical medicine cabinet. Left to right they contain: courage, hope, calmness, and strength.

The magical part: They NEVER run out, so borrow some any time you want.

PM me anytime, I love getting messages :)
Katie

PassedExpectations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 12:26 AM   #4
nonperson

I am currently:

I postponed uni after my first year as I was finding it impossible to cope. I never went back after that first year.... Although I'm all for taking a break, especially due to mental health, you need to be sure that you'll go back and finish it.

I left and never went back because I ended up finding a different career to persue. Although that worked out well for me, it was pure luck that helped me get through it.

You need to decided whether you can cope with one more year.... I'd say it would be worth it to take a break but you need to fill that gap with something worthwhile and make sure you're well enough to continue the course afterwards.

nonperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 03:32 PM   #5
yoyogirl

I am currently:

My decision has been finalised and now I am only doing one module instead of two this year and I am filling my time up with work and my blogging website. Things at work have started to settle and now I am seeing a way forward and with my extra help and support the office have given me such as use of dragon software, counselling wellbeing services and I am also seeing a coach once a week. I feel so overwhelmed with all the support I have recieved.

Have you ever confused a dream with life? Or stolen something when you have the cash? Have you ever been blue? Or thought your train moving while sitting still? Maybe I was just crazy. Maybe it was the 60's. Or maybe I was just a girl... interrupted.
I know what it's like to want to die. How it hurts to smile. How you try to fit in but you can't. How you hurt yourself on the outside to try to kill the thing on the inside. I tried groups, didn't work out just made my depression a lot worse.

yoyogirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)