RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 16-05-2015, 06:47 PM   #21
Harley's Dad

I've hesitated to post on this but, if you can manage it, you might do as I've done for years. My credit card is paid off automatically at the end of every month by my main bank account. Thus I pay no interest for credit. Perhaps, thinking about it, I should discard my credit card altogether and thus do everything on my debit card.

Of course I understand that there are people who rely on credit. To them I'd say that I sympathise but, if you can work your way off it, life really does become a great deal easier ...

Tony.

Never surrender.

Harley's Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2015, 07:21 PM   #22
Aubergine
You've got this.

I am currently:

I have a credit card that gives me cash back on everything I buy. I pay it off in full at the end of every month, so I pay no interest, but I get money back from stuff I would have bought anyway. My debit card does similar, but only in specific retailers. I've racked up about £15 this month, because I get 10% in restaurants at the moment - the deals change often. I get 0.5% at least, which isn't a lot, but it's money for nothing and it adds up. You can also trade in your cash back for other offers, like a traded in £10 worth of cash back for a £25 cafe Nero voucher. They're ok if you're sensible, but if you're prone to bouts of impulsivity and reckless spending, it could prove a.challenge.

“Our defeats are softened and our victories are sweetened because we did it together.” - Toby Ziegler.

This isn't everything you are.

Aubergine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2015, 11:33 PM   #23
Harley's Dad

Glad that you agree, Aurora, particularly over the security bit. I absolutely hate the feeling that at every moment there's some evil bastard looking over your shoulder waiting to take advantage of you - in my book, they really qualify for serious imprisonment (but I'll no doubt be condemned for being harsh. Though why on earth should brainless thugs be allowed to shatter all your hard-earned dreams of a new kitchen or a holiday for their own selfish and illegitimate ends - and regardless of the effect that they may have on your life?)

Tony.

Never surrender.

Harley's Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2015, 10:42 PM   #24
Gofeen

Be very, very wary of getting credit cards, Beckie. They are seriously dangerous if you have any difficulty at all in staying under control. Been there, seen it and got several T-shirts. I don't know how many times I've had to get bank loans or be bailed out by my mum over maxed out cards I could no longer cope with - even had to partially remortgage my house and extend the length of my mortgage time. I've just starting seeing a psychologist about it. for me it's related to hoarding but the one thing I do know is I can never, ever get a credit card again. if I buy on line I use my debit card through paypal and that gives me enough protection I think.

Gofeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2022, 08:21 PM   #25
Cacoethes
90's B*tch

I am currently:

Wow this is a blast from the past!

Update: I do not and have never had a credit card. Definitely not a good idea XD

I'm fine! Totally fine. I don't know why it's coming out all loud and squeaky, 'cause really, I'm fine!

Who else is fine?!?!?

Cacoethes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2022, 08:30 PM   #26
Elmer
Patchwork Elephant

I am currently:

Honestly I think I nearly had a heart attack when I saw this thread. So glad it's a zombie :')

'It's an impossible choice ... I'll just have to hope that when I flip the coin it somehow explodes and kills me.'

"You're not scared of climbing mountains. You're scared that you can't make them move."

Jenna was here :P

Elmer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2022, 08:56 PM   #27
Cacoethes
90's B*tch

I am currently:

I did actually apply for a credit card in my last.....jaunt into mentalness
But didn't end up getting one thankfully!

I'm fine! Totally fine. I don't know why it's coming out all loud and squeaky, 'cause really, I'm fine!

Who else is fine?!?!?

Old 12-01-2023, 01:15 AM   #28
The Worst Witch

I am currently:

I also nearly had a heart attack.

We love you Beckie *laughs*

The Worst Witch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2023, 08:31 AM   #29
Cacoethes
90's B*tch

I am currently:

Hehehe

Who else is fine?!?!?

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)