RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 17-03-2012, 12:55 AM   #1
Dying_Angel

I am currently:
Earings

Not sure this is the right place to post this.

I had my ears pierced 7 weeks ago so can take them out, but i cant get the backs off to change them. Anyone have any ideas how i can get it off????

Thaanks

I know what it's like to want to die. How it hurts to smile. How you try to fit in but you can't. How you hurt yourself on the outside to try to kill the thing on the inside. ~ Girl Interrupted

When you dont want to feel, death seems like a dream. ~ Girl Interrupted

Dying_Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2012, 12:58 AM   #2
Sinewave

I am currently:

What sort of backs do they have? Butterfly clasps or something different?

Sinewave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2012, 01:00 AM   #3
Dying_Angel

I am currently:

Butterfly backs

I know what it's like to want to die. How it hurts to smile. How you try to fit in but you can't. How you hurt yourself on the outside to try to kill the thing on the inside. ~ Girl Interrupted

Old 17-03-2012, 01:07 AM   #4
Emmabob.

I am currently:

grit your teeth & pull.

Emmabob. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2012, 01:08 AM   #5
Sinewave

I am currently:

Should just be a case of (carefully!) working them off - is it the back or the front that is the biggest problem?

Sinewave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2012, 01:11 AM   #6
Dying_Angel

I am currently:

The back the biggest problem

Old 17-03-2012, 02:03 AM   #7
Scrabble.
[:

I am currently:

Is it that they are painful, or that they backs are on very tightly and you cant get them off?

If they are painful, i'd say bathe them abit then leave them to heal further.
If its that they are stiff, just pull them. Being careful not to pull the front out too.

x

<3

Scrabble. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2012, 03:51 AM   #8
effervescence
tired

I am currently:

I'd wet your ears first though cos you will end up shifting the earring when you pull no matter how careful you are, and it will hurt less if you've wet them first.

Even as the stone of the fruit must break
that its heart may stand in the sun,
so must you know pain.

There are only two ways in which one can live their life. One is as though nothing is a miracle, the other is as though everything is.

effervescence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2012, 09:50 AM   #9
akita

I am currently:

Make sure they are clean from dirt and dried up goop and pull. I had to get mine taken off with pliers.

akita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2012, 12:34 PM   #10
Sans Peur

In future dont get your ears pierced with a gun, Ask someone to help you as you are unable to see what the problem in. There could have been an issue with the earring when your ear was pierced which could be causing the problems with getting it off.It could be something simple as a bit of dirt stopping it coming off.

Sans Peur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2012, 12:53 PM   #11
fairylights

I am currently:

I had butterfly backs when i had mine done, they where screw on ones (only discovered this after weeks of trying to get them off) though so they didnt fall off.

Maybe your's re like that too?

'Watch with glittering eyes, the world around you. Those who do not believe in magic will never find it' - Roald Dahl

fairylights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2012, 02:30 PM   #12
Aztec

Have you been bathing them with saltwater 3 times a day? If so, it should be relatively easy. If not, or have but it's still difficult, then the only solution is to twist and pull like your life depends on it! They will come off, and if you can't get them off then an ear piercing facility will be more than happy to help you! x

Spaceship, Spaceship, SPACESHIP!

Aztec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2012, 02:52 PM   #13
Emma1985

I am currently:

Coming from someone who has 17 piercings. Don't ever get pierced with a gun they don't clean it and risk of infection is too high. If you still can't get them off go back to where you got them done and ask them nicely to take them off for you. If you can't get them off because they are infected then go back and complain too. It's your right...

Emma1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2012, 08:34 PM   #14
Dying_Angel

I am currently:

Thanksfor the replies!

They arent dirty and have been cleaned every day!

The backs are meant to come off still stuck tho!

Old 18-03-2012, 09:49 PM   #15
Lou Lou
hell on high heels

I am currently:

My first ear piercings were gun piercings and I had SO much trouble getting them out! In the end I left them and one day I accidently knocked my sports bag against my head and knocked the butterfly off lol. I can't even remember how I got the other one out; pulled like hell I imagine.

Sorry, that was very unhelpful lol but I know what you mean about not being able to get them off.
If they are still painful when you pull, just leave them a little longer and continue to clean them. Then just go for it!!!

When the world says give up
Hope whispers try one more time

Lou Lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2012, 09:51 PM   #16
Feel_Good_inc.
I am a leaf on the wind; watch how I soar

I am currently:

butterfly backs can be a problem. tight and stiff when they're new. Either get someone to pull them open for you, or just keep pulling at them, trying to work it off. You'll think you've torn your ear off when you finally pull it free, but it works.

Don't be fooled by my smooth skin. The deepest scars are the ones unseen.
Remember compliments you received, forget the insults. If you succeed in doing this, tell me how..~ Baz Lurhman.
Letting it get to you - You know what that's called? Being alive. Best thing there is. Being alive right now that's all that counts. ~ Doctor Who "The Doctors Wife"
06.November.2011

Feel_Good_inc. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2012, 10:01 PM   #17
Dying_Angel

I am currently:

Thanks for the replies!

They dont hurt or anything, just stiff. Mums tried to get them out for me an she had hers done to an her mate an sisters bf have tried an she cant get hers out either.

Old 18-03-2012, 10:26 PM   #18
random.swirls
Head forum moderator

I am currently:

I think if they are proving so difficult to remove that your best bet is to go back to where you had them pierced and see if they can help?

When we lose twenty pounds... we may be losing the twenty best pounds we have! We may be losing the pounds that contain our genius, our humanity, our love and honesty. ~Woody Allen
Is a chocolate muffin loving glitter ball

random.swirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2012, 11:11 PM   #19
Dying_Angel

I am currently:

I got them off :)

Old 20-03-2012, 01:17 AM   #20
Leo Pard
Flem Fatale

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma1985 View Post
Coming from someone who has 17 piercings. Don't ever get pierced with a gun they don't clean it and risk of infection is too high. If you still can't get them off go back to where you got them done and ask them nicely to take them off for you. If you can't get them off because they are infected then go back and complain too. It's your right...
Actually, the main thing with using a gun is the amount of unneccessary damage it does because it basically forces a blunt object through your flesh. Not fun.

The world is just illusion always trying to change me.
You will find wonder wherever you can, and spread joy whenever you are able.

I felt emotions of gentleness and pleasure, that had long appeared dead, divide within me. - Frankenstein.

Leo Pard is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)