RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-01-2013, 05:08 AM   #1
findingmyself

I am currently:
Question

I just want to share my feelings. Went to go see a guinea pig at the spca yesterday was going to wait to get it because still not sure if I want a guinea pig and shes gone and the guinea pig that was in the cage with her also is gone too }: Really upset I told myself if there not there still by tue then it was not meant to be really sucks it was not meant to be. They were surrenders some one gave them up I sure hope who ever bought them really loves them and gives them the attention they deserve and not jsut send them back to the spca. I might just have to get one from the pet store maybe if I decide I want one. Just made me sad to see it there gone that it was not meant to be }:

Any ways please only answer if your in the US . I really dont want to do psychological testing what ever you call it I dont have to if I dont want to . Im just wondering some questiosn I dont want to do it because Im sick of being analized literaly it makes me cry that there going to analyze me every move I make I just dont like that I dont think its right acting like something is wrong with me when Im a normal human being }:
But I kinda want to do it because it seems from peoples comments I may not have borderline so kinda want to do it to see if I really dont have borderline that would be cool not to have that.

Will the test results be on my permeant record will police see it? Will my colleges see it? Will my jobs see it? Will my doctors see it?

Im not going to lie but I am going to act as calm as I can possible be if I do it because I hate being analzed its annoying makes me cry feel hurt I dont like it }: The therapsit thinking there all perfect and me messed up when Im not They should be taking the test too think there so much better than me there not }:

findingmyself is offline   Reply With Quote
3 Hugs Given By :
Old 04-01-2013, 05:22 AM   #2
Greyscale
Chat Mod

If you've already been diagnosed with BPD for several years, it is probable you have it, although getting other opinions couldn't hurt. The worst they could do is confirm that you do have it.

Neuro psych testing is definitely analytical and takes quite a while, usually more than one visit with 2-6 hours per visit. They often want your parents to fill out forms/assessment pages based on their experiences of you as well, even if you're over 18 (I am 20, and had neuropsych testing done again this summer and they had my mother fill out assessment pages as well) to get the full picture, not just your version of things. The thing is, it's possible they don't get the full picture of you in those couple of sessions. Still can be useful though, so I'm not trying to put you off of it. I just tend to trust the opinion of those who have been involved in my care for months/years over someone who has seen me just a few times.

I don't think police will see it, unless they got a court order to review your psych history, if that is even possible (not sure). Colleges will need to see it if you are needing any accommodations. Jobs would not see it. Doctors might, it depends on how the place works, like if the referrer gets a copy back. But I think you can decide on that. It would be a good idea to give the results to anyone involved in your mental health care as it will give recommendations as to what sort of care is best suited to you.

Greyscale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 05:26 AM   #3
Pomegranate
Petulant

I am currently:

Do you think how you think/behave is 'normal' or within healthy parameters Lauri?

*Proud Plumeria Sister*

Pomegranate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 05:30 AM   #4
findingmyself

I am currently:

No I would never get accomidatiosn for my mental health it is none of any one buisness what my disorders are my friends dont know it my college doesnt know it well a little not borderline no way in hell would I say that they probably know just depression and no way I would tell my jobs.

Thats my big concern is jobs seeing it I dont want that and I dont want colleges to see it. Yeah true trust people that have known you longer but this is like a offical test so I was thinking maybe its a little more acurate. Thanks

Pomefrante Im a human being no one acts perfect or normal we all have are flaws no one is perfect I am not. I think it is for the most part.

Old 04-01-2013, 05:39 AM   #5
Greyscale
Chat Mod

I did just think of this. I don't know if there are tests for BPD that they do at psych testing. Since I do not have it/have never been tested for it, I couldn't tell you, but it would probably be a good idea to ask if they test for it before you schedule an appointment.

Greyscale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 05:41 AM   #6
talaiporia
Chat Mod

I am currently:

Lauri, I thought you'd been diagnosed with BPD for a while, with a few different therapists? (I apologise if I'm wrong).

Generally, the more people who give you a diagnosis, the more likely it is to be true, but a second (or third) opinion can't hurt and might put your mind at rest.

It doesn't matter where you come from; it matters where you go.
No-one gets remembered for the things they didn't do.
We won't all be here this time next year,
so while you can take a picture of us.
We're definitely going to hell,
but we'll have all the best stories to tell.

talaiporia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 05:46 AM   #7
findingmyself

I am currently:

Well its a psychologcal test what ever you want to call it so I am assuming it is checking for any disorders which borderline is a disorder so it would.

talaiporia it is right jsut other people I have talked to not therapsit have sayed mayeb I dont have it Im not saying there right or not jsut makes me wonder if I could only be diagnosed with depression on the test that would be wonderful big relief.

Old 04-01-2013, 05:55 AM   #8
talaiporia
Chat Mod

I am currently:

Were those other people medical professionals though? I don't know whether you'd need a full psychological testing; I think a therapist or psych would be able to tell relatively easily from talking with you.

It doesn't matter where you come from; it matters where you go.
No-one gets remembered for the things they didn't do.
We won't all be here this time next year,
so while you can take a picture of us.
We're definitely going to hell,
but we'll have all the best stories to tell.

talaiporia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 06:01 AM   #9
findingmyself

I am currently:

The therapsit's that sayed or thought I had borderline were therapist's. Yeah but this testing kinda is more intense and accurate then just a therapist opinion that sees you every week. The bipolor diagnosis though that my psych gave me there not sure of that and I know for sure Im not bipolor. So if I take the test I can give proof to my psych and see look told you so im not bipolor. And hopefully I dont have bordelrine too we will see.

Old 04-01-2013, 06:18 AM   #10
findingmyself

I am currently:

I guess Ill do it then. Yeah your right maybe the test is not so accurate. But it seems the therapsit I have talked to they think the test are really accurate think the test are better than what they say and they go by what they say so might as well do it if there going to take whats on the test as the truth and so maybe then I can be finally be cleared of the bipolor diagnonis and hopefully borderline too. Thanks. Ill tell you how it goes it s like next week.

Old 04-01-2013, 08:23 AM   #11
findingmyself

I am currently:

there was a post in between what I said by some one else hmm wonder why it disapeared.

Old 04-01-2013, 11:53 PM   #12
youonlyliveonce

what ru hoping for the test to say and will u beleive it

Old 05-01-2013, 04:32 AM   #13
findingmyself

I am currently:

Of course I know for sure bipolor will not be on the test. borderline, depression and ocd may be on the test. But if the test shows just depression Ill be happy with that.

Old 05-01-2013, 05:52 AM   #14
Prairie Gal

I am currently:

All the best with the tests. I'm not too big on labels, but if it helps you figure out stuff about yourself and gets you the right treatment, I guess it's helpful.

Prairie Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 05:55 AM   #15
Prairie Gal

I am currently:

Oh, about the guinea pig... I think it's a great idea to get a pet. One of my close friends has overcome depression with the help of animal therapy.
It wasnt the only factor, but it was huge. If you could volunteer with animals, that would also be a big lift for you in my opinion.

Prairie Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 06:15 AM   #16
findingmyself

I am currently:

I dont like labels either thats why I might be taking the test so I can get some labels taken off of me hopefully.

Yeah it s just hard I had a amazing bond with my guine apig that passed it has been two years almost three since she has passed a amazing bond told my self I would never love another guinea pig again we had such a amazing bond how could I. So im still deciding and thinking a baby guinea pig would be really cute to have but Im not sure yet if Im ready or want to love another guinea pig. Also the fact they live for about 5 years means when I move out for college will have to take it with me which is not too big of a problem im sure some of the apartments will allow pets. I have asked my therapist if she would let me bring a guinea pig with me to individual session only sometiems owuldnt bring it all the time I really hope she says yes because that would really make me happy and if she sayed yes it would really make me want one bec it would be cool to take my guine apig to therpay with me . She has not got back to me on that question.

Old 05-01-2013, 10:01 PM   #17
not_so_insig
It's Bouquet! B-U-C-K-E-T!

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauri Lauri View Post
I have asked my therapist if she would let me bring a guinea pig with me to individual session only sometiems owuldnt bring it all the time I really hope she says yes because that would really make me happy and if she sayed yes it would really make me want one bec it would be cool to take my guine apig to therpay with me . She has not got back to me on that question.
I think you are not being entirely fair on your therapist and any future guinea pig. For many things, most animals dont like being in strange places (dogs perhaps being the only exception) and it would stress the poor animal out. In worse cases, stress can kill. So perhaps it would be less stressful on the poor animal to be safely at home in it's cage rather than being subjected to a strange place and a transport journey.

Secondly, your therapist may feel that an presence of an animal may hinder your progress. Any animal is liable to be a distraction and therefore you may not make any progress/not make a good as one whilst having your guinea pig there. Animals (unless they are really necessary, for example a guide dog) are not the place for therapy, unless you are taking part in an animal assisted therapy course/place.

So dont be surprised if your therapist says no. She has your best interests at heart, and also the welfare of your pet.

Wannabe CPN : -)
"He who is tired of Weird Al is tired of life." - Homer Simpson
"I hear those voices that will not be drowned"
Sanity is a nasty disease. The world would be a happier place without it. - Rilic
RIP Kat 4th July 1987- 11th June 2013

not_so_insig is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 12:50 AM   #18
MagpieBlues
Maria

I'd just like to add to that a warning that when I had a Guinea Pig, it died of shock from being taken in and out the house too much (its pen was outside but the changes in heat caused it to freak out) - they are actually really sensitive, especially baby ones, so I don't think it would be wise to take it to therapy with you.

Hope you manage to find the answers you need at your assessment thing.

MagpieBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 06:45 AM   #19
findingmyself

I am currently:

Hmm never heard of that. Well its just once a week so its not really that much out of the house and I wouldnt do it every week. Shes going to give me her answer wedsenday yeah I understand if she says no most places dont like pets in the building. Just depends ont he guinea pig I guess some get stressed when out others dont my guinea pig that passed was fine out of the cage. Ill ask my vet.

Old 08-01-2013, 09:34 PM   #20
Mrs Sam
Nothing Special

I am currently:

My friends rabbit just died from being at a bunny hotel once for one night. Was literally just the stress of the car journeys so be careful.

Something Special.

Mrs Sam is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)