RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 22-06-2007, 07:17 PM   #1661
~JellyBaby~

I am currently:

sit-ins, going electively mute in school, chaining yourself to the form room door, locking yourself in the cupboard...

~JellyBaby~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2007, 07:18 PM   #1662
Victim+Of+Hate
This Member is currently Banned

I am currently:

chaining yourself to the form room door

i like it:DDhehe
chels x

Victim+Of+Hate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2007, 07:27 PM   #1663
~JellyBaby~

I am currently:

lolzors GL!!!

Old 22-06-2007, 07:27 PM   #1664
Starburst
After all this has passed, I still will remain

I am currently:

How is everyone doing?? x

Starburst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2007, 07:28 PM   #1665
Louise
A Ray of Hope

I am currently:

I am not great tonight. Hows u?

“Never lose faith in yourself,
and never lose hope;
remember, even when this world throws its worst and then turns its back,
there is still always hope.”

Louise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2007, 07:30 PM   #1666
~JellyBaby~

I am currently:

nb i spose, still v ill and all of u?
x

Old 22-06-2007, 07:30 PM   #1667
Victim+Of+Hate

I am currently:

hey,wassup hunny?.
wanna talk bout it?

*huggles*
chels x

Old 22-06-2007, 07:30 PM   #1668
Starburst

I am currently:

((((Louise)))) what's going on?

I'm not so good either.
I'm going to take a sleeping pill tonight and PRAY I don't have anymore nightmares.

Old 22-06-2007, 07:31 PM   #1669
helper1218

I am currently:

Hey everyone. How's it going?

helper1218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2007, 07:31 PM   #1670
~JellyBaby~

I am currently:

hy tracie, nb, still ill as ever but meh, x

Old 22-06-2007, 07:32 PM   #1671
Starburst

I am currently:

How are you helper? (sorry I don't know your name)

Old 22-06-2007, 07:32 PM   #1672
perfection is a flaw

*huggles amy*

perfection is a flaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2007, 07:33 PM   #1673
Victim+Of+Hate

I am currently:

aww huny...nightmares suk..:/
*huggles*
wassup Lu?(pwease can i call y'that cause i cant spell louise..sorry:S)

chels x

Old 22-06-2007, 07:33 PM   #1674
Victim+Of+Hate

I am currently:

welcome back tracie =].
how's you tonight?

Old 22-06-2007, 07:34 PM   #1675
Louise
A Ray of Hope

I am currently:

I am trying to keep going not harm but I don't think can go much longer. my has shouted at me all day. I did not sleep last night because am scared to close my eyes.

and never lose hope;

Old 22-06-2007, 07:35 PM   #1676
helper1218

I am currently:

It's Tracie. And since there's lots of people here and no one's feeling to great I think we'll have storytime. :) I'll go get one.

Old 22-06-2007, 07:36 PM   #1677
Louise
A Ray of Hope

I am currently:

cool :)

and never lose hope;

Old 22-06-2007, 07:37 PM   #1678
~JellyBaby~

I am currently:

Yay storytime!! thank you mummy!
xxx

Old 22-06-2007, 07:37 PM   #1679
perfection is a flaw

*cuddles* louise
i didnt sleep last night cos i was too scared to

perfection is a flaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2007, 07:38 PM   #1680
helper1218

I am currently:

Here you go sweethearts. It's a bit long but I think you'll enjoy it. *hugs*

The fairies were magnificent creatures. So tiny, but they embodied more magic than almost any other creature in the forest. For centuries they went about their quiet lives, tending to the plants, and healing the wounded or injured animals. Their colony was nestled in the lowest part of the forest, with one great tree, and several bushes for them all to make homes. They lived in peace, rarely having any problems among each other. That was until He came. The Dark One, the spirit that has taken over the forest.
When He first came the fairies were not alarmed, because they had fought against evil before, and their magic had always managed to save them and their way of life. But they had not thought of how the Dark One could defeat them.
Everyone in the forest had sensed there was a danger. It was growing darker and flowers were dying. Not wanting to overreact, they all waited for it to pass. However, He grew stronger, and the other creatures were terrified. They sought out the fairies to tell them of the Dark One’s evil. The fairies began to worry, but the uproar began when the unicorns were attacked. Always the most precious of the magical creatures, the unicorns were pure and innocent, and did not understand that anything or anyone would ever want to harm them. Their horns were stolen, ripped away, and their innocence shattered.
The fairies were furious, and they formed a strong army of all their healthy adult citizens. When the army found him, they attacked with their defensive magic. While expecting the Dark One to surrender, the army was stunned when they began to feel themselves getting weaker and weaker by the moment. Even when most of the army stopped fighting, they began to feel themselves being drained. Some of the fairies fell, unable to keep themselves afloat with their wings. The Dark One laughed at the fairies, because He knew he had stolen their magic, and He would be able to control them and the other creatures of the forest.
The fairies fled the battle ground, stronger ones carrying their fallen brethren. They told their appalled relatives what had happened. Before the fairies could collect all their loved ones and flee to a safer place the Dark One came to their homes. He was not satisfied with only draining the fighters, and he wanted the magic of the elderly and the children that had stayed behind. The others watched on as all the magic had been sucked out of their colony.
The fairies, the protectors and healers of the forest were made prisoners, slaves who worked day and night for the Dark One. Every newborn fairy was temporarily taken by Him and had all of his or her magic sucked out like their parents. Anyone who tried to rebel was stripped of their wings and locked in a cage. The plants which once flourished were scarce. Life became a daily battle, but as years passed the fairies did manage to figure out how to salvage a small amount of their magic. If taught how to protect it, every fairy was able to keep a bit of magic stored in their hearts. It was not enough to grow healthy plants, or heal any injured animals, but they still had some, and they were not about to give it up.

“Grandmother,” a young fairy said to an old one sitting close to her. “Tell me what it was like again. When you were young.”
“Oh Blossom, I’ve told you so many times already.”
“But I love it when you tell me. Please? Won’t you tell me just a little bit?”
The old fairy sighed and stroked the hair of her granddaughter. “Okay, my dear. I’ll tell a little bit.” She took in a deep breath and looked at the sky, as if it was a listing of her memories. “The flowers bloomed daily, and there was abundant food for everyone. Fruits and nectar drinks everywhere. We were the most powerful creatures, our magic prevailing over all others. Whenever something needed to be planted or an animal was hurt one of our kind went to help it. Our colony was led by Thorn, whose magic could do astounding things. And oh, was he handsome. All the young girls were after him. The little pixies played the rain puddles and played hide and seek among the flowers. The men and women looked after the plants all day, while the old relaxed in the shade of the leaves, talking about their pasts.”
Blossom sighed happily. “I wish I lived back then.”
“I wish you did too, dear.”
It didn’t take long for Blossom to start fidgeting. “I don’t want to leave now.”
“Don’t get yourself in trouble for me, dear. We can talk another time.”
Blossom hugged her grandmother and flew off. She had to go back to work. The fairies’ daily jobs were to serve the Dark One. Giving Him food, entertainment and even doing meaningless work He assigned simply to exhaust to them.
Blossom was already tired, and heaving the large leaves to His dwelling was the last thing she wanted. Her friend Wither was already tugging one off a stem.
“You’re late,” she muttered as Blossom joined her.
“I was visiting my grandmother.”
Wither groaned as the two flew away with the leaf held above their heads. “You’re having her tell you more stories of ‘how things were before the Dark One.’”
“So what? There’s nothing wrong with that.”
“Yes there is!” Wither’s hair whipped around while she glared at Blossom. “You’re getting all these foolish ideas put in your head. This is how things are now, and this is how they’ll continue to be. I’m sick of you imagining some savior who will come to help us out of our oppression. Like we’ll have some sort of miraculous revolution and be what we used to be.”
Blossom shifted her eyes downward and felt stupid as they flew into the Dark One’s dwelling. “I know you’re just trying to be realistic. But sometimes you make me feel like there’s no such thing as magic.”

Blossom held the torn, dead petals in her hand and squeezed it tightly. Bloom, she thought, bloom. As she opened her hand the petals sat there as healthy as if they had just sprouted. Blossom smiled and hid the petals under her bed. All her practicing was paying off. For months Blossom had been practicing her magic. She was working on empowering and strengthening the magic preserved in her heart. It was getting stronger, but the exciting part was that it was still protected from the Dark One’s powers. Blossom was convinced that if she worked hard enough she would be able to figure out how to teach the others, and with their protected magic, they would be able to defeat the Dark One once and for all.

Approaching the idea of a revolution was a dangerous subject, and Blossom knew that she had to go about it delicately. She knew Wither would be annoyed by the suggestion, and give her a long lecture on how she had to grow up. It would scare her grandmother, and neither of Blossom’s parents would stand to listen. Her other friend, Marigold seemed like the only reliable person. However, Blossom wouldn’t directly tell her that she wanted to start a revolution, she would just teach her how to work on the small amount of magic she possessed.
After working up the nerve, and making sure she and her friend were alone, Blossom taught Marigold exercises to strengthen her magic. A few weeks later, Marigold excitedly told her that the practicing was beginning to work. Blossom’s tiny flame of hope spread like wildfire, and she told all her friends to do the same things. Even Wither began to try and work on the salvaged magic she had.
Blossom’s plans were working, and soon every fairy in the colony was secretly practicing with their powers. Her private idea of an army and revolution didn’t need to be suggested; it had already been started by the others, and finally she saw light at the end of the tunnel.

It had been a year since Blossom herself had begun strengthening her magic, and the rest of the colony felt themselves fit enough to battle with the Dark One. Blossom’s grandmother beamed at the bravery and persistence of her sweet granddaughter. Everyone knew Blossom would be leading the colony to their war. Blossom herself was more thrilled than ever about being able to be their leader, but she was just a pixie… such a young fairy that sometimes she doubted her ability to lead an army to such a strong villain as the Dark One.
After all, hadn’t the ancestors of her colony attempted it and failed horribly? No, she told herself. They didn’t have this kind of protected magic. This time we will fight, and we will win.

Blossom’s heart was in her throat while she flew to work. This was the day everyone would rise up and overthrow the Dark One. She would give the signal when she was sure everyone was ready. Wither was almost shaking with nervousness, and Blossom calmed her down, even though she was thinking, What are you nervous about? YOU’RE not the one who is playing general in this war!
Everyone that the two fairies saw daily seemed to be in their places. A shiver of fear shook through Blossom’s chest, and she bellowed “DARK ONE! I MUST SEE YOU!”
Quick as lightning every fairy dropped what they were doing and followed Blossom as she sped to his dwelling.
The Dark One was taken by surprise, and even waited to hear what Blossom had to say before sending the troops back to work.
“We’ve had enough!” Blossom shouted as she hovered above the Dark One.
The Dark One laughed. “Get back to work! All of you! Or you’ll all have your wings torn off!”
“You have to fight us!”
“You have no powers against me you little insect!” he growled. Rage pulsing through him, the Dark one began to summon Blossom’s body, and she felt herself being pulled, as if by magnetic force.
“Now!” she shouted, using her own magic to fight the pull.
Her army of fairies sent out their powers to control the Dark One and push Him away.
When he felt the force from the fairies, the Dark One was alarmed, hadn’t He taken their magic away.
“Not expecting that, huh?!” Blossom laughed.
The Dark One began to get angrier, and His power was still potent with that of hundreds of fairies. Blossom again felt herself being pulled by His force, and she fought and fought. Fear took over her little body when the Dark One grabbed her and held her up for the army.
“You see!” He shouted. “What weak little beings you are!”
Blossom felt a searing pain along her back, and screamed, sending out all the magic she could muster.
She heard the battle cries of her colony, and then, everything went black.

Blossom opened her tired eyes to see her grandmother, parents and friends.
Her back and wings were terribly sore.
“Blossom!” her grandmother smiled happily. “My brave little warrior, you’re awake!”
Everyone else’s voice scrambled into assorted praises and congratulations. “What, what happened?” she asked.
“We destroyed Him!” Wither shouted. “You destroyed Him! The Dark One is gone!”
“Everyone fought against Him and when He couldn’t take our magic He became weaker and weaker until He finally disappeared,” Marigold said.
She couldn’t believe her ears. Gone? He was REALLY gone? Blossom shifted and her wings were a lot of pain. “What happened to me?”
“He ripped off your wings, dear,” her grandmother said gently.
“My wings?!” she shouted, touching and feeling the familiar smooth surface jutting out of her back. “But I feel them.”
Her grandmother held her face. “I healed you,” she kissed her cheek. “My powers were returned when he disappeared. And I’m sure your wings should feel normal in a few weeks, but let’s not be making too many trips.”
“This is amazing,” Blossom marveled.
“You know,” Wither said. “You made me believe in magic again.”

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 2 (0 members and 2 guests)