RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-03-2014, 04:31 AM   #1
music86

I've been struggling the past few weeks

I feel like a few weeks ago I was feeling so positive and determined and doing well and everything has gone down hill since then
I thinks its because I have so many stressful things going on and no time to deal with anything I'm going to be on break in school this weekend which i'm looking forward to, I feel although it would help me during times of stressful events for my body and mind to not binge and purge that its my least of all destructive behaviors to cope with.
During these times of stress i find it so much harder to fight these urges i feel like fighting these urges becomes another thing added on my list of stresses so its more comforting to binge and purge and less stressful to deal with it and everything else going on, does anyone understand or get this? I want to stop this behavior but it always is lurking in the back but it never lasts i need some advice or just understanding thanks so much !

music86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 12:05 PM   #2
EyelinerAndCigarettes

I am currently:

Hey sweetie,

I completely understand, when I'm stressed my ED raises its head & tempts me in with promises of release, but in actual fact, all the ED does is stress you further.

Do you get any professional help atall?

When your stressed, do you talk to anyone about how you're feeling? I find a little call or rant or cry to my Mum helpful, or I just rant. Talking about how you're feeling is important it can help see things clearly instead of using that knee jerk reaction to binge&purge. I also find helpful, when I'm stressed to bake, something I really enjoy & I get aggression out beating bread up! Obviously this isn't for everyone & could instigate a binge in itself, but the point I'm trying to make is be kind to yourself, try not to reward yourself with binging, reward yourself with something you enjoy, a hot bath, a good film, anything. Maybe take 30 minutes a day to just relax, be kind to yourself & do something for you.

x x x

EyelinerAndCigarettes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 06:32 PM   #3
High_Voltage
Slowly But Surely Losing My Mind

I am currently:

Urges are always hard to fight, especially when you're struggling so much and dealing with stress. If you ever need anyone to talk to feel free to PM me anytime

♪"'Cause I'm about to break down,
I'm searchin' for a way out,
I'm a liar, I'm a cheater, I'm a non-believer
I'm a popular, popular monster"♪

High_Voltage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 04:56 AM   #4
music86

Thank you both for your comments, I'm not seeing anyone professionally I did when I was younger but not in recent years, i did see my doctor in the summer and confessed to her what was going on but she wasn't very receptive and basically said I was doing it for attention and control
I'm not underweight or thin by any means so i don't think she felt concerned, this is starting to take a toll physically on my body from purging so frequently,
I guess joining this site was me trying to get help in the right direction, i hadn't had this be an issue since I was younger for quite a few years. i was judged so much in my past for mental health issues it hard to go their again,
just this past summer I had a lot of stressful things going on and it started to get out of control and creep up again and I have since tried to stop with out any concrete success, there is apart of me that feels like I should be able to deal with this myself i know that's ignorant of me but i just thought that these self destructive issues were in my past why is this happening now, i work in health care and I feel embarrassed about seeking help and knowing if my co workers saw me , thanks for your support, honestly its just so nice to vent to people that understand and for me to get outta of my own head

music86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2014, 04:49 PM   #5
Unbreakable.
We can try. We can always try.

I am currently:

How are things for you atm?
Did you manage to eat any better or seek some support for this by now?

the sun

the moon

the truth

Unbreakable. is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)