Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-01-2008, 04:28 AM   #1
Riviting
Dreamiing of a better Life

I am currently:
therapy...?

so....

my friend convinced me to try therapy out. for a few reasons becuase of my cutting and also becuase of stuff oging on at home and home is what triggers it. hes got all the info but i need to see a doctor to get a referral.... problem is i hate my doctor or clinic in general...they come off as rude or arrogant whatever. anyways is there anyway you think i can get the referral without telling them about the cutting or the divorce or anything. i duno what exactly i could say to get it without explaining you know.... any suggestions cuz i really dont want to tell thema bout cutting...

Riviting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 04:46 AM   #2
rozzy

Therapy isn't so bad... I hate it personally... And the doctors, at the hospital when I've had to go from cutting, you never feel more judged and looked at like your scum of the earth then you do around doctors.

Want best advice? **** em! And Yes there is, go along the lines of things are going really bad in my life, and I would like to seek therapy. If they ask anymore then that you don't have an obligation to answer, and if they question your arm, just look at them in the eye, with a straight face and go,
"I rather enjoy my kinky unprotected proccupine sex thank you." And walk away.

You don't have to go into detail, just say you need a referal because you feel you need therapy.

Hope this helps

rozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 05:02 AM   #3
Riviting

I am currently:

lol tahnks for thee help. i really dont know yet...i know i need it honestly... but my minds not all that into goingt o see a shrink. makes me feel weak and i dont want to do this referral from teh doctor. gah.i hate that insurance co's need all this BS paper work.

btw thanks for the bit of comedic relief

Old 08-01-2008, 05:37 AM   #4
buriedunderground
Omnipotence, nurturing malevolence

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rozzy View Post
and if they question your arm, just look at them in the eye, with a straight face and go,
"I rather enjoy my kinky unprotected proccupine sex thank you." And walk away.
you don't even know how much this made me smile and laugh to myself. i think you are definantly right. =]

you don't owe anyone, even the doctor, an explanation of to why you are seeking therapy. if the doctor is a good doctor, they will give you a referal despite your willingness to share.
best of luck to you and i agree with rozzy's approach.
<3

"Peace, Love, Empathy" - Kurt Cobain
Can't wash it all away
Can't wish it all away
Can't cry it all away
Can't scratch it all away
Can't fight it all away
Can't hope it all away
Can't scream it all away
It just won't fade away.

buriedunderground is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 04:50 AM   #5
Amadeus
Master of the long, rambling post.

Nothing new to add, but the first thing that I thought of after reading your post was "just walk in and tell them you need a referral". Insurance sucks that way though, mine is the same way. But then again my doctor's office just makes me phone in for a referral, so it's not too bad.

Hope it worked out, let us know.

Everyone's crazy; some people just hide it better. I am not one of those people.

Amadeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 07:22 AM   #6
Riviting

I am currently:

so someone told me you needed a friend referral thats it. so i was like.... what? insurance co.s wont buy that!

so i called my insurance co. they transfered me to another place and told me just ask them for a referral in which they gave me a location and a phone number of a therapy office and gave me the referral. basically the referral is good for one session- an evaluation.

after the eval is done the therapist puts in a request for more sessions if you want more or feel you need more. then that reqest gets approved. so there was never any questions asked about what i wanted the referral for like beyond it being therapy. only when i got to the therapy office did i get asked by a receptionist why i was there... which was def like... awkward. but sall good now. i went tot he office today and im not going to lie... therapy is like thee weirdest experience ever. its really intimidating... and forcingurself to talk isnt easy as well as like once you say something the therapist is like doing an overview at the end and has basically said everything you said in not so many words straight to teh point.. then you say.... howd they get all that from what i said even though what they say sounds right and amkes sense...
its really different. i dont know if i like it or hate it. all i know is i dont like someone reading me that well when i dont even know em... but i think it may help over time. so thumbs up i guess.

Old 09-01-2008, 07:09 PM   #7
rozzy

Man doesn't it feel like such a hassel to get "help?"
I feel yop0u with the reading thing... it's like you don;t let someone in and don't whisper thoughts at fear of someone hearing them.
Now you gotta talk about them to someone who probably doesn't care... Keep trying to find someone to talk to if they are weenies. I like the broad i talk to sometimes... Shes ok but I can't understand her accent.. maybe that's why i like her so much ehehe

Keep you chin up sweets :)
Thing's always get better even if you have to do it your self too

rozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 02:19 AM   #8
Riviting

I am currently:

cracked me up with the accent comment.

shes ok... just very cut and dry. i mean im really sarcastic so if i make a remark she stares at me blankly and then debates wether i meant what i said or not...its actually kinda funny haha

its like really depressing though... she told me she disgnosed me as having a major depressive disorder and consulted my doctor so if i wanna do medication... i duno yet... i duno.. they have a lot of sideeffects i tried paxil a few months back. HORRIBLE.

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)