RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-06-2007, 02:20 AM   #1
princesskaytie-leigh
Bootylicious!

I am currently:
Recovering? Recovered? In recovery? What am I?

I've suffered from depression for the best part of 10 years, since I was 12-13ish I guess. The only thing is, I'm not always depressed anymore. And unless something major happens, it's not as bad is it can get. The only time I get severly depressed to the point where it pretty much disables me is when I have a bad relapse. It's not always there, but sometimes I feel a bit down, but its never as bad as it used to get. And I can't see a major relapse coming on unless something pretty significant happens, so what do I class myself as?

Because while I still have depression, I don't 'suffer' from it so to speak. So does this mean I'll never be recovered, because it could come on anytime. Am I in recovery until my next relapse? and whats the difference between 'in recovery' and 'recovered'???

I'm a bit confused I guess haha!

this is the first day of my life
I’m glad I didn’t die before I met you
But now I don’t care I could go anywhere with you
And I’d probably be happy

Pround Pulmeria Sis :: Feel free to PM me anytime ::Always happy to help!

princesskaytie-leigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 08:35 PM   #2
.:.Just.Smile:.

I cant help, sorry, but it is a very good question. Ive often wondered about that too. And i hate when people say to me 'ahh, your defintley recoverd, your so much better than you were', because im either not telling them how I really feel or Im so scared that it will come back, which it does. Ahh, if you ever find out, let me know

xxx

.:.Just.Smile:. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 09:52 AM   #3
Stellata

I get where you're coming from. I've been depressed for 20+ years,[although I've only been having treatment for the past 5 or so years]. It has reached a point where I understand my illness symptoms better, can function better and contain the waves when they come. The surges of deep depression don't last as long, and I am more able to communicate with myself and others about what's going on.

So, I'm not sure what the word to describe where you're at would be. I describe myself as recovering.

The thing about depression, when you've had more than one major episode, the likelihood of it recurring are high. But each time you feel it emerging again, like you say, you get more able to manage it and work around it.

Stellata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 12:26 PM   #4
princesskaytie-leigh
Bootylicious!

I am currently:

So it's always going to be there then I guess... is it ever anything you can just get rid of completely?

Old 09-06-2007, 07:17 AM   #5
Stellata

I don't really know the answer to that. Everyone is different, and we never know exactly how things will develop. I just know for myself that its probably something that I will always have to bear in mind and hold in awareness, although it might not be as debilitating as time moves on, its part of my brain chemistry because of very early trauma, and as such there will always be a part of my personality liable to depression.

Stellata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 04:29 PM   #6
princesskaytie-leigh
Bootylicious!

I am currently:

Yeah I think it's the same for me =)

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)