RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 19-06-2018, 01:50 AM   #1
effervescence
tired

I am currently:
Feeling Very Alone

I haven't been here for ages, and I usually post in Vets, but that board seems to be losing its community feel so here I am.

Basically I just really need someone to talk to who understands. My mental health has been getting worse over the last few months and the urge to self harm (which is always present at a base level) is becoming overwhelming. Eventually I decided it would be smart to make a counselling appointment and when I told my partner about it he freaked out and got upset that I didn't want to talk to him about my feelings instead. I don't feel comfortable talking to him on any deep level about it, because a) I am bad at talking about my feelings at the best of times and b) I know he will just worry too much and it will add to his stress levels unnecessarily.

Anyway I went to the counselling appointment and it was useless. I should have known better, I've been to counselling for years off and on throughout my life and nothing takes away the constant desire to self harm. I think about it all the time. I picture it in my head. I imagine how it would feel. My skin itches with the urge.

I just need a safe space to talk about it with people who feel the same way. I don't really know what I want from this thread. I just feel so alone.

Even as the stone of the fruit must break
that its heart may stand in the sun,
so must you know pain.

There are only two ways in which one can live their life. One is as though nothing is a miracle, the other is as though everything is.

effervescence is offline   Reply With Quote
One Hug Given By:
Old 20-06-2018, 09:11 AM   #2
effervescence
tired

I am currently:

Thank you for your reply.
I've never been a journal writer. Nothing in particular has triggered me, it's just a bad time I guess. I don't have strategies as such. What I do to get through is different each time and mostly just involves carrying on until I feel better. Because it's pretty hard to kill yourself, so there's not much other choice really.
Sorry this sounds so pathetic.

so must you know pain.

There are only two ways in which one can live their life. One is as though nothing is a miracle, the other is as though everything is.

Old 21-06-2018, 03:07 AM   #3
effervescence
tired

I am currently:

Is there any point in being strong though?
I've been "strong" for years in the sense that I'm still here...
But for what benefit? I have not reached my potential in my life because my mental health holds me back. I watch my old school peers outstrip me. I have scars on my body which prevent me from feeling comfortable swimming or wearing shorts in public and which cause tension in relationships. Why bother?

so must you know pain.

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)