RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 13-03-2013, 05:24 PM   #1
Daenerys

Hypomania, forgetting to take medication, and fear of going to sleep

Another few questions sorry!!

So I am still currently suffering from hypomania.. and I already forget to take clonazepam even with alarms ( i turn it off sometimes due to anxiety when out and about).. so yeah. Im currently starting to forget to take my evening medication... dont really know why. I always seem to remember, now it's just not there. Why is this? Is it just hypomania, or is my mind actually forgetting?

Also, I think I am starting to develop fears about going to sleep and not waking up. It's only the start so I start having panic attacks before i go to sleep :(. Not sure what to do about that... really..

If anyone could possibly answer , it would be appreciated. thanks :)

"When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us." -Helen Keller

Daenerys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2013, 06:19 PM   #2
K8EB
My religion is kindness. Dalai Llama

I am currently:

Use your alarms - you need to take your medication so this needs to be a priority. Why are you anxious about the alarm? Also try to get into a routine too - that really helps me.

K8EB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2013, 06:49 PM   #3
Daenerys

Alarm doesn't make me anxious - it's just when I am out in public and it goes randomly off and then everyone looks at me - social anxiety. :/

"When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us." -Helen Keller

Daenerys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2013, 12:07 PM   #4
K8EB
My religion is kindness. Dalai Llama

I am currently:

Try and say "So what." if anyone looks at you. They only look because people are programmed to look for sudden noises. Its an evolved behaviour to protect ourselves. If you know what made the noise then you can protect yourself. Ironic isn't it? They're looking because of unconscious anxiety and making you anxious! ;) After they've found where/what the noise was its dismissed - as long as its not a roaring lion running toward them!! :P
So try and use your alarm - or put it onto vibrate and put its somewhere that you'll feel it...

Last edited by K8EB : 14-03-2013 at 12:09 PM. Reason: Clarity
K8EB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2013, 03:12 PM   #5
Ballerina123
XXX

I am currently:

I forget to take meds when hypomanic or manic. I think it is because I have so many great ideas constantly rushing through my head that day to day responsibilities sort of get pushed to one side and forgotten about.
Same with eating. I forget to eat because I get so distracted by all the other thoughts and activities.
I don't know weather forgetfulness is a common feature of mania type episode but it is certainly something I have experienced.

Could you go back to you doctor and ask for different medication that you don't have to take as often.
Anti psychotic medication work really well for calming mania and they can work pretty quick. Usually you only have to take them once or twice a day (depending on the drug). That way you could just take one dose as soon as you get up and one dose just before you go to bed, no need to set day time alarms.
To be honest your medication should be being looked at anyway, it is not good practice for psychs to rely on benzos to control hypomania. There should also be a review of your meds to make sure that you come down slowly and don't dive into depression. So I hope, for your sake, that your psych is not just hoping the clonazepam is enough.

The thing with the panic attacks before bed is probibly a result of the hypomania. Hypomania can cause you to become anxious and the longer your in that state the worse the anxiety can get, in your case leading to panic attacks. However the down side is thatif you don't start to get some sleep your hypomania will last longer and as a result the anxiety could get even worse and you go into an agitated hypomania rather than a high energy happy one. So please try to get some sleep even though if is scaring you.

The average,
well-adjusted adult
gets up at 7.30am feeling just plain terrible.

Call me Kate.

I have dyslexia so please excuse my poor spelling and sometimes poor understanding.

Ballerina123 is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)