RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 16-05-2009, 11:24 PM   #1
~*Dare to Dream*~

I am currently:
Update On My Adventures!!

Well, Its been a while.... I hope all the vets that i know that are still around or still lurking are well and safe.

For those who have tried to contact me - im sorry Im utterly rubbish sometimes at replying to people, so im really sorry and i will try and be better in the future.

So funny thing, thought id pop on here and lurk and see what was going on for the first time in 2009 i beleive! And then i saw the post about the old days.. This has left me a little emotional as there were a few people who i used to talk to alot who have helped me get where i am which i feel like i havent thanked.

So to those of you who did help me, thank you all because to be honest life couldnt get any better for me, its been 4 years and 7 months since i last cut myself, which is pretty awesome i think, theres still times i think about it, and ive still got the scars to remind me, but i think im pretty much recovered, there are times where i do still REALLY want to do it, but i work though it and manage to get through without doing it.

Ive been away working in austria since november, working out there for the ski season. I definatly had the most amazing and awesome time of my life out there, I always had a smile on my face, i was always confident and nothing fazed me, i was always laughing and having a good time and nothing got me down. Well there was one occasion in the whole time i was out there but it wasnt anything that i couldnt deal with.

So im back in England now - unfortunatly, I did go on a bit of a downer but i want to go back to austria for the ski season and become a ski instructor so at the moment im holding down two jobs - its tiring work instructing all day and then waitressing at night but im just focusing on money as its going to cost me a small fortune to get my ski instructors qualification.

Its pretty amazing because i feel like my whole entire life has turned around and im a totaly different personl. Most noticable things to me that have changed are that im happy and enjoying everything that i do. I dont get as stressed out, anxious, worried or scared about situations, no matter how uncofortable they get (forgein man are pretty intimidating and like english girls...) Lol its funny thinking about it now but at the time that was quite triggering.

So yeah, I just wanted to keep you updated on my adventures that im having and that im still around. And Im actually loving living life!!!

I hope all of you are well and i just want everyone to know it is possible to get through everything - I never once thought id get where i am today but i have and i think that life is great and i want to experience all that i can!!

Sorry for this post being so long!!!

Trust in the process and in your own strength.

~*Dare to Dream*~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2009, 06:29 PM   #2
Mrs Sam
Nothing Special

I am currently:

:D

its so nice to hear how well you are doing. i love hearing success stories and how good people are doing especially the old vets, its just brilliant.

Vets has been a bit quiet recently but there are still plenty lurkers around.

Is there not some sort of grant you can get to help with your ski instructors qualifications? (i know nothing about these things!).

xxx

Something Special.

Mrs Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2009, 10:39 PM   #3
Mandimoo
Mummy!!

I am currently:

hey was wondering when we'd get an update from you, nice to hear that you're doing well and enjoying life - I knew you could do it!

You have strength and determination, you can and i believe will acheive whatever you set your heart on. It must be nice to have something to focus on. mand x

Mand, South Wales, Full-time working, single mother to 2 scarily independent girls.
I AM A PROUD PLUMERIA SISTER

Mand x

Mandimoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2009, 06:08 PM   #4
midnite
aka millie

I am currently:

hey, great that you're doing so well, and that things have been good. where abouts in austria did you go?

Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday

crazykat is my sis Newlife is my sis

midnite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2009, 07:55 PM   #5
pez_barbie
a little pie

I am currently:

Hey pleased to hear from you hun and so glad you're doing well, good luck with becoming a ski instructor xx

If I pretended I was blind
And struck it from my mind
Would it still be there?
What if I'd do anything
To make it seem all right
I finally got Lei'd in Vets....It was an enjoyable experience!

pez_barbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2009, 02:56 PM   #6
Zurg
Evil Emperor

I am currently:

That's great Ann!!!!! I'm really happy for you It's wonderful to hear such good news!!!!

Zurg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2009, 04:47 AM   #7
Freedom Fighter

its good to her positive news

Then wear the gold hat, if that will move her;
If you can bounce high, bounce for her too,
Till she cry "Lover, gold-hatted, high-bouncing lover,
I must have you!"

Thomas Parke D’Invilliers

Freedom Fighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2009, 11:01 PM   #8
~*Dare to Dream*~

I am currently:

Hey All its nice to hear from you guys and its nice to be remebered!!

I am looking into grants for my ski instructors qualification however i dont think there are any avaliable as ill be doing the course in austria but i am looking which might be able to help me out. If not then its going to cost me about £800 which isnt TOO bad - however it is a lot of money but its something that i REALLY want to do and im determind to do it which is why im holding down two jobs at the moment. Which is hard because it means i dont get time to party but thats not the end of the world!

I was in Kaprun, which is near zell am see in austria which is beautiful, the lake in zell when it was frozen was really pretty and all the snow that we had just made the place so pretty, im missing it already so much!! But hopefully end of october and ill be back out there!!!

Trust in the process and in your own strength.

~*Dare to Dream*~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2009, 03:41 PM   #9
Mandimoo
Mummy!!

I am currently:

:D as long as you don't leave us forever, coz then i'd miss you!

Mand, South Wales, Full-time working, single mother to 2 scarily independent girls.

Mand x

Old 22-05-2009, 04:29 PM   #10
ThinkingofRecovery

I am currently:

I know we don't know each other but I love to see things like this. Offers others of us who are still struggling that little bit of hope.

Thank you!

"Everything is possible through Christ, who gives me strength". Phillipians 4:13

ThinkingofRecovery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 06:08 AM   #11
vrinda_sevini
give me love, give me hope

I am currently:

*waves*

keep me safe from harm

vrinda_sevini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 10:41 PM   #12
Mandimoo
Mummy!!

I am currently:

VRINDA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mand x

Old 04-06-2009, 01:15 PM   #13
crazykat
Fight for another day

Its great to hear that things are looking up for you

"Recovery is something that you have to work
on every single day and it's
something that doesn't
get a day off."

crazykat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 12:31 AM   #14
vrinda_sevini
give me love, give me hope

I am currently:

*hides from mandi*
stop hijacking ann's thread, mandi! go away! helppppppp
*runs*
(sorry, ann)
*hugs ann*

keep me safe from harm

vrinda_sevini is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)