RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-06-2007, 01:32 PM   #1
bloodletting
wish someone cared enough to stop me....

I am currently:
is it the cones?

just wondering if anyone had any idea...
i've been smoking cones since i was 9yrs old (not good i know). i have tried to stop several times but no luck.
i mainly smoke at night before i go to bed cause it helps me sleep.
Lately though after a smoke i've been getting really paranoid. thinking there were snakes in my bed, people in the house, stuff like that. I've also just started on two new meds, Efexor-antidepressant, and Risperdal-antipsychotic.
my question is, could it be the cones or my new meds, or both?
could paranoia from smoking suddenly just start happening, even after i've smoked it for so many years?

any help i would be appreciated.

Do not follow the common path.....go where there is no path and leave a trail.....

bloodletting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 04:24 PM   #2
Lewis The Second

It could well be. SSRIs and MAOIs often react very badly with psychoative chemicals because of the massive effect on serotonin and dopamine levels. If you're on anti-depressant medication you should NEVER take any other drugs without expressed permission from a doctor, whether perscription or recreational.

If you need help sleeping, try valerian tablets. They're brilliant, herbal and totally nontoxic, and give you a refreshing, clean sleep, unlike what the smoking will be doing to you.

Lewis The Second is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 08:43 AM   #3
bloodletting

I am currently:

thanks for the reply.
have tried valerian, and as much as they do help once i'm asleep, they dont help me get to sleep. if that makes sense.
my doc knows that i drink and smoke, im very honest with her, she doesnt think its good but she still put me on my meds knowing how much i smoke etc.
will try to cut down a bit and see how it goes.

Do not follow the common path.....go where there is no path and leave a trail.....

Old 10-06-2007, 11:23 AM   #4
Lewis The Second

Do you take any other recreational drugs? Ones that may affect your serotonin levels as opposed to your dopamine ones?

Lewis The Second is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 03:08 PM   #5
bloodletting

I am currently:

no i dont...when i was younger i got all of that out of my system..think i would go completely psycho and lose it if i tried any other stuff again.

Old 11-06-2007, 08:22 AM   #6
dysphoria
parasite

Hey!

Wow you really started smoking young. I would guess you had older brothers who were major-bong heads and possibly dealers....i say that cos i only know of one other person who smoked as young as you did, and he had a dealing brother and gave him weed when he was 10 or so.

i had a similar thing happen to me. I started smoking weed when i was 13, and smoked until i was 20 or so. But i was FORCED to quit when i was 20 ((i THINK that's when i stopped)), due to what you described...paranoia, and i had anxiety that was really bad ((i was having panic attacks))...

I don't think its an interaction with your new meds. As you just on an antidepressant and an antipsychotic....and the antipsychotic SHOULD make you less anxious...i had been told when i was smoking weed heavily that after a while...the people who smoke it alot for a long time, eventually their mind can't take it anymore....i fobbed this off i thought it was bullsh!t...but low and behold...i began to have panic attacks and REALLY BAD paranoia...and this didn't go away after a month or so...i smoked a cone again, and i was back in the terrible mind state of paranoia and anxiety....

Plenty of people mix weed with their psych meds...which is why i don't think that they would be the cause of your bad reaction....esp. since your only taking an antidepressant and an antipsychotic -the antipsychotic should REDUCE your anxiety levels....

So i can't really say for sure what is causing it...maybe your brain chemisty has changed ((you mentioned you did other drugs...i used a lot of other drugs too, and i think this messed up my brain chemistry, which is why i got panic and paranoia when i smoked weed))....im not exactly sure.

BUT -it might be a good thing! You might be able to EASILY quit weed if it continues to give you these bad effects. I know it was a cake-walk to quit smoking weed cos of the paranoia and panic attacks it gave me...i was too scared to smoke weed!!! So that made quitting VERY EASY. And i never thought i would be able to quit....i thought because i was such a bong-head ((i used to smoke all day, everyday)) and i used to love it so much...i used to call weed my "base drug" as i would ALWAYS use it after using other drugs...i would always come back to weed every time. I used to smoke heavily each day...probably the reason why i can't really re-call my teenage years, its all one haze...i just used to go to parties, hook up with girls, get drunk and stoned...i did have some fun times.

OH! you say you smoke "CONES"!!!!! That means your an aussie!!! Are you? I am, i live in Melbourne, AUS. I know your not American cos they always talk about smoking "bowls" i mean, wtf?!?! It's not a bowl! It's a freakin' CONE!

Anyway...sorry i wasn't much help.

Good bye to everyone on RYL, for various reasons im leaving this site and i will never return. This may make some of you happy, and others sad. Im not leaving because of the members... Good bye and have a nice life

dysphoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 09:48 AM   #7
bloodletting

I am currently:

hey thanks for the reply..
i started smoking so young cause i grew up with it all around me, but it was parents who supplied me with whatever i needed (great role models hey).
i tend to agree with you that it's probably not a combination of the cones and my new meds..but it sure does suck..when i was really tense i relied on smoking to calm me and now it just makes me freak even more..grrrr
you made a good point about brain chemistry..my doc has explained that she thinks i have a really low tolerance for chemicals, so yea maybe my brain is saying enough.
and yea it could be a good thing..but i will miss it if it comes to that..

and yes i'm an aussie, i live in Adelaide and have lived in Sydney for a bit.
and thank you cause you did actually help, you made a lot of sense, so cheers mate LOL
take care

Old 12-06-2007, 05:22 AM   #8
dysphoria
parasite

Hey no problem...i know EXACTLY what you mean when you say you use it to calm down...i used to use it for that purpose.
I could have a horrible, spiteful, malicious fight with someone, smoke a few cones, and 5 minutes later im all calm and relaxed! ((but not anymore, as it causes panic attacks and paranoia)).

now i take all these psych meds to go to sleep, and im MUCH more dependent on the psych meds than i ever was on weed, even though i did smoke sh!tloads....

BUT -its for the best. I mean...if you quit, you'll have money, you can pick up other hobbies...if your studying your adcademic work will improve ((although some people are able to smoke and still do well in school))...and you won't be dependent on a drug to help you out when you get stressed. Although this isn't necessarily a good thing as you may just end up s-injuring more.

Ahh you live in Adelaide...i've been there, but we just drove straight through it...never even stopped!!! If you liked sydney then you'd like melbourne...in sydney crime isn't completley 'under-ground'....i mean you have dealers in the streets, pro's, sleazy sex shops ((i stayed in kings cross! That explains my view of sydney!))...where as in melbourne all the crime is deep under-ground....much more is known about the crime gangs in sydney than in melbourne...

Although recently a lot of "high profile" gangsters have been bought down by the cops...and i think the "under-world war" has ceased, we had nearly 30 people shot and killed in this tit-for-tat war between young gangsters wanting a bigger slice of the speed trade, and old gangsters wanting to keep their hold on a large part of the speed market....and it appears to me that the young gangsters have won....even if they are in jail for 20-30 years!!!

But you can bet your boots someone else has taken their place...no doubt about it. There is a MASSIVE demand for speed, especially crystal-methamphetamine....and dealers will step up to make themselves rich and powerful to meet this demand....

Ok sorry for going off on something unrelated to the thread...

I hope your able to quit weed...as time goes on it gets easier and easier, and you actually begin to FORGET about weed. I mean, i don't think about it much at all anymore....it doesn't occupy my mind....and this could happen to you if you are able to quit weed ((and if it still gives you paranoia and extreme anxiety then you'll most likely quit, but you'll find quitting easier than it has ever been before!)).

Good luck!

Last edited by Crysainta : 12-06-2007 at 05:56 AM. Reason: potential drug glamourization

Good bye to everyone on RYL, for various reasons im leaving this site and i will never return. This may make some of you happy, and others sad. Im not leaving because of the members... Good bye and have a nice life

dysphoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 11:08 AM   #9
bloodletting

I am currently:

hey once again thank you so much..i think i am ready to try and stop smoking again..and yes getting paranoid every time i smoke will make it easier LOL...
and no worries about the rant..i follow the news well enough to know what you're talking about, so it's all good.
had a long hard day so i'll just leave it at that..
take care
xoxoxox

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)