RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 25-02-2008, 10:00 PM   #61
Caru y Nos

Personally, i believe not knowing would is the better option.

I've learnt alot from beign bullied, etc. But learning on my own, the lessons will forever remain with me.

Theres always a light at the end of a tunnel!

Society hurts, but keep on living.

Those who meant to be trustworthy aren't always the securest of information holders.

Those who judge others are frightened of been judged themselves; they're often weaker than their charade emmited.

(there a few more lessons i've learnt but g2g, soz)

Caru y Nos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2008, 06:38 PM   #62
Porcelain Child
The Name Is Claire..

I am currently:

every schhol i been to has been crap and now im at clege and thats worse

Porcelain Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2008, 06:42 PM   #63
Quark

I'm glad I was home educated.

Quark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2008, 08:32 PM   #64
Accidentally Abstract
Luce.

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puppet Strings View Post
- Year 7, 8 and 9 mean nothing, but work a little anyway or GCSEs will be 10x more difficult.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatieFrank View Post
- If you're really good in the first years and the first month or so of every year after 8 you can get away with hell in your lessons.
If you work & are good in years 7,8 & 9, the teachers will like you & give you quite good reports & will give you a bit of slack when things go tits up (Y).

Quote:
- You will always dislike the years below you. They get brattier and brattier as you move up the school (or is that just me)
No, it's not just you. I agree. When we were in year 7, we were terrified of the year 11's. When we got to year 11, they were pushing us out of the way.

Quote:
- Teachers are more helpful than you think.
Yup. I wouldn't have got through years 10-13 without my head of year.

Quote:
- You will fall out with people over the stupidest things
.. & not even remember what it was afterwards.

Love this thread.
x

Ride it out.
"I need a sunrise in the dark."

Accidentally Abstract is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2008, 09:34 PM   #65
StaceyBee

I am currently:

If you've got a sister that goes to the same school as you and they're younger than you, you become famous to all their friends lol
Yes this has happened to me

Also the people that bully others are usually doing nothing with their lives after school

I May Be Going Broke But I'm Never Broken Down

Less Than Jake <3

16.06.10 - The Day He Saved My Life
Love You Baban
<3

StaceyBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2008, 10:20 PM   #66
Sophia
Square One

I am currently:

- Adults will tell you that school years will be the best time of you life and if you dont make the most of it you will regret it. its rubbish! they couldnt wait to get out and would never go back.

- Never trust school dinners. The government always make budget cuts. you think that beef in your burger?

- Its hard to do but dont let bullies get you down. i was called gay and fat in school by a rather large now openly lesbian girl from a year above. everyoe goes through changes in school and at home during teenage years and not everyone can cope with them as well as other. some just need to vent and if they pick you then good luck to you.

- I cant give you advice to avoid being bullied, unfortunatly that has become almost a tradition with school but one thing i would suggest. dont suffer alone. always make sure someone knows whats happening whether its a parent, friend or teacher. theres nothing like feeling your facing a brick wall and no one can help.

Sophia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2008, 11:16 PM   #67
Accidentally Abstract
Luce.

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fangurl View Post
If you've got a sister that goes to the same school as you and they're younger than you, you become famous to all their friends lol

Ride it out.

Old 26-02-2008, 11:22 PM   #68
LadyMacbeth
Jessica or Jess or Jessie or whatever

I am currently:

Ultimately no-one is going to make you suceed. You need to motivate yourself just remember you're one of twenty five odd and it's just a juob for the teacher.

Just because someone is nice to you doesn't make you friends. If they choose to then ignore you you just have to accept it.

Monarkh is my lovely big sister. PunkyFairy07 is my wonderful mama. Starbright is my crazy eccentric Auntie. i-used-to-be-positive is my bunch of roses big sister LostDaisy is my shooting star BinkyDonkey is my ex-wife little_unicorn is my great great grandmother Concrete angel is my OddClubLady Domicile of madness is my wonderful purple sheep Zedmeister is the one who gives me faith
Co owner of Judas the super Doberman puppy

Protected by Daisy The best in body guards

LadyMacbeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2008, 02:15 PM   #69
StaceyBee

I am currently:

Walking to school is way better than getting the bus
If you get bullied they don't do much to sort it out despite having an anti bullying policy (that's from my experience anyway)

I May Be Going Broke But I'm Never Broken Down

Less Than Jake <3

16.06.10 - The Day He Saved My Life
Love You Baban
<3

StaceyBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2008, 03:53 PM   #70
IamJamesGreens
This Member is currently Banned

I am currently:

Quote:
- The labels in your clothes don't actually matter.
I Disagree. Having a decent winter coat (these last few years choice 'cool' brand is North Face, despite other cheaper alternatives keeping you just as warm) is very important if you don't like getting involved in cafeteria disputes such as "I wanted that burger" or the timeless "You're in my seat" trap.

Getting a satchel before year 10 is not cool, yet 'magically' everyone agrees that they are cool during year 10.

SATS aren't important. GCSE's are.

A-Levels are not as cool or easy as they look. Don't be afraid (or pushed into college) to leave at 16.

Choosing your GCSE subjects is the most important decision in school you'll have to make. Parents and Teachers ARE helpful here. Choose your strengths and not what's cool, different or whatever your parents are experts in. Although you can change, you'll instantly have a grade disadvantage to all the other students who started the course.

Despite whatever rumors might exist, the very very last day of compulsary school goes off without any trouble. Most of the troublemakers will exit to the nearest park to get drunk.

Your school will always invest in NEW buildings/equipment when you leave.

On the very very last day of compulsary school, always take a camera and not a shirt with permament markers. You'll regret having an expensive white shirt graffiitti'd with useless insults in the future.

just a few more.

Last edited by IamJamesGreens : 27-02-2008 at 03:59 PM.
IamJamesGreens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2008, 04:00 PM   #71
SuperDave
Look my liege, Camelot!!!!!!!!!

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by InterstellaFunk View Post
Your school will always invest in NEW buildings/equipment when you leave.
Very true, as my year were leaving the school was in the process of building a gymnasium with olympic basketball court, fully stocked gym, a community resource library, 3 new IT suites, extension of the field area and every classroom was blessed with a smartboard.

"Last Train To Skaville"

SuperDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2008, 04:07 PM   #72
IamJamesGreens

I am currently:

Exactly^
I had to suffer losing the old sixth form building (which was brilliant but small with loads of fun memories) and us having to stick with an temporary building that never kept in heat unless in summer (hence the marathon of my history exam), non-opening windows, half the space of the old building and awful location.

Now they have a brand new building with three floors and loads of other cool features!

Old 27-02-2008, 10:46 PM   #73
LadyMacbeth
Jessica or Jess or Jessie or whatever

I am currently:

It's dull as hell.
Letting people copy your work will make life easier.
But doing it for them will not.

On another note am I the only person who has had the same best friend from years 7 to 11?

Monarkh is my lovely big sister. PunkyFairy07 is my wonderful mama. Starbright is my crazy eccentric Auntie. i-used-to-be-positive is my bunch of roses big sister LostDaisy is my shooting star BinkyDonkey is my ex-wife little_unicorn is my great great grandmother Concrete angel is my OddClubLady Domicile of madness is my wonderful purple sheep Zedmeister is the one who gives me faith
Co owner of Judas the super Doberman puppy

Protected by Daisy The best in body guards

LadyMacbeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2008, 10:57 PM   #74
DropDead-
No more, i love you's.

I am currently:

Teachers are buttwipes!!!!
They don't care about you.
If they think your bad for the school they'll do anything to kick you out,even if your smart,and a good pupil.If you do things they don't like,they'll make any excuse to kick you out.

So stand in the rain.
Stand your ground.
Stand up when it's all crashing down.
You stand through the pain.
You won't drown.

DropDead- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2008, 11:04 PM   #75
Accidentally Abstract
Luce.

I am currently:

^ I found that to be different at my school.
I mean, yeah, it was easy to get a reputation among teachers, but it was possible to shake it off.
& one of my teachers basically got me through school [& life..] for a few years.
But I was probably just lucky.

Ride it out.

Old 28-02-2008, 12:29 AM   #76
IamJamesGreens

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyMacbeth View Post
On another note am I the only person who has had the same best friend from years 7 to 11?
No. 8 years and counting...

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)