RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-01-2016, 08:10 PM   #1
strawcamel

how to access someone to talk to/first meeting with psychiatrist.

Iam having serious problems with anxiety right now, and part of the issue is I have no one to talk to ,I have no family around ,no friends and I found when my mum used to phone me regularly the anxiety would lessen.

Who would be the best person to speak to about that, as while Iam seeing an nhs psychiatrist at some point ,I don't think pills are going to be the full solution in my case. As Iam almost completely isolated, it's part of my problem that I seem to find it hard to form relationships with people.

Iam apparently under the first contact team right now after being referred there by the crisis team after a suicide attempt. But don't have a named person I can talk to. When my anxiety get very bad on monday and I phoned the crisis team as they told me to, apparently I wasn't under them anymore and after hearing how the anxiety was so bad I felt desperate they sent me to A and E.

Also when I see the psychiatrist for the first time what happens?

strawcamel is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Hugs Given By :
Old 08-01-2016, 02:59 AM   #2
Serendipity.
fabulous.

I'm sorry you're having such a difficult time at the moment. It sounds really distressing.

Do you have an idea of when you might be seeing the psychiatrist? I hope it comes around quickly for you. I think when you see them, that would be a good time to discuss what kind of help is available. As well as medication, they can refer you on to other kinds of help.

If you're struggling in the meantime, can you call the first contact team and ask to speak to someone, even though you don't have a named person?

Isolation can be awful. You said that you were less anxious when you spoke to your mum regularly. Is there anyone who could do that for you now?

Take care of yourself, and remember you can always talk here if it helps.

"I know you're sad, so I won't tell you to have a good day. Instead, I advise you to simply have a day.
Stay alive, feed yourself well, wear comfortable clothes, and don't give up on yourself just yet.
It'll get better. Until then, have a day."

Serendipity. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 10:40 PM   #3
strawcamel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serendipity. View Post
I'm sorry you're having such a difficult time at the moment. It sounds really distressing.

Do you have an idea of when you might be seeing the psychiatrist? I hope it comes around quickly for you. I think when you see them, that would be a good time to discuss what kind of help is available. As well as medication, they can refer you on to other kinds of help.

If you're struggling in the meantime, can you call the first contact team and ask to speak to someone, even though you don't have a named person?

Isolation can be awful. You said that you were less anxious when you spoke to your mum regularly. Is there anyone who could do that for you now?

Take care of yourself, and remember you can always talk here if it helps.
Anxiety is still out of control, was at A and E again today, basically because the mental health team at the hospital told me to get something from the GP to calm me down. The GP refused to prescribe because Iam ‘complicated’ and sent me straight to A and E, saying she was unhappy with how unwell I looked.

So went to A and E, and fortunately didn’t get the same experience I got on monday…. Saw a very experienced psychiatric nurse who has got me a psychiatrist appointment next week. She said in her view I have got a severe anxiety disorder that if left to get worse could lead to psychosis or risky behaviour like what Iam doing now , if the anxiety is not controlled.

So you would think calm me down to stop it getting worse wouldn’t you.. well because they have tried 4 different anti psychotics in the past , about the same number of anti depressants which had no effect in fact in some cases the opposite and I was on the highest doses with most , she is concerned my anxiety isn’t able to be controlled medically, that the only options are talking therapys and also benzodiazapines, valium etc etc.But in my area, GP’s normal hospital doctors cannot prescribe them only psychiatrists. Hence why Iam seeing a psychiatrist next week.

Iam begining to wonder if my anxiety is caused by a physical illness they haven’t picked up on?

I just want to relax, it’s really annoying. and not being able to relax is sending me to hospital and also making think of doing stupid things.

She told me that anxiety could be extremely difficult to treat? is that the case?

strawcamel is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)