RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Closed Thread

Old 26-11-2012, 11:42 PM   #121
Gone.

This could be taking the thread back a few pages but I haven't really caught up and it's something I've mulled over for a while... so yeah, apologies or whatever.

Personal abuse of mods shouldn't happen, period, but if you are in a position of authority, you're going to experience bad times. I mean, I've never moderated forums before but I understand from a Supporter perspective and also, from my life outside RYL. I've taken roles on that are very authoritative, such as when I've lead Beaver evenings and Zumba classes and there have been some times when I have been hysterical with tears and I have been yelled at in front of the people I was teaching. That's belittling and has affected me but I still love what I do and will continue to do it. Tonight, for example, a child at Beavers told me he was happy. Now, that's not a lot but it has stuck with me and that's the reason I help out. I know it's from a couple of pages back but it's frustrating to see all the focus being upon the negatives. You might jump down my throat for this but surely you moderate for a reason? There must be things you enjoy about it and they might be smaller in terms of size but they are, nevertheless, apparent. It upsets me to read mods saying that the abuse is constant and that they never get thanks (and there are posts that have said that on this thread) when I have read so many replies saying that they do a great job, when they do. Life is about what you look at and my comment may be out of line and if you want to question me about it, feel free, on here or via PM, but it does upset me to see the moderators seeming unhappy with what's going on when there is a lot of good in this community, even though things can be tooth-pullingly slow and infuriating.

Left.

Old 26-11-2012, 11:45 PM   #122
Snow White.
I am a fairy.

I am currently:

Wise words Belle.

Old 26-11-2012, 11:47 PM   #123
squirrelspit

I am currently:

mmhm.

Old 26-11-2012, 11:50 PM   #124
griddlebone
Head of Chat/Forum Mod.

I am currently:

I dont think any of us have said we never get thanks, we do and we always appreciate it, but its few and far between. The more you moderate the further away the reason for doing it gets.

There are times to stay put, and what you want will come to you.
But there are times to go out into the world and find such a thing for yourself.
I aint no abacus but you can count on me.

Old 26-11-2012, 11:54 PM   #125
griddlebone
Head of Chat/Forum Mod.

I am currently:

The moderators have made the decision to close this thread.

We feel that the original question has been answered and that the thread has gone away from what it was supposed to be.

Liv.

There are times to stay put, and what you want will come to you.
But there are times to go out into the world and find such a thing for yourself.
I aint no abacus but you can count on me.

Closed Thread

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)