RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 26-08-2023, 06:28 PM   #1
fleur-de-lis

I am currently:
PSA - No such thing as too much sunscreen

This is a half vent, half PSA to protect your scars from the sun. I'm going to guess that maybe others already know this, but I'm a dumbass and thought that 2 applications of SPF 60 has to be enough for 3 hours in the sun. It was not. I am now on day 4 of dealing with the rash that my sunburn turned into, which is so painful and itchy that I can't really sleep more than a few hours at night without getting up to put ice and hydrocortisone on my arms. And the ice is the only thing that really makes a difference.

I've been getting tattoos over the years to increase my confidence for going out in short sleeves in the summer, but I'm now thinking I might have to go back to long sleeves all year anyways to keep this from ever happening again.

I'm putting this here instead of the vent forum in case anyone has tips for preventing this in the future besides "don't go out in the sun ever"

Thanks for giving me a place to scream into the void :)

fleur-de-lis is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Hugs Given By :
Old 26-08-2023, 10:39 PM   #2
Accidentally Abstract
Luce.

I am currently:

I'm sorry, that sounds really painful and annoying! I hope it calms down for you soon. I've not had to deal with that to be honest, despite extensive self-harm scarring. It might be that as they get older they calm down a bit..? Don't give up hope of being able to be confident and rash-free in the summer though. It might not always be a thing.

Ride it out.
"I need a sunrise in the dark."

Accidentally Abstract is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2023, 10:20 AM   #3
tamobhuuta

Thank you for the warning! I'm sorry you are in pain. My sister has a lot of tattoos over scars, I will make sure she knows.

Ying tong iddle ai po!

tamobhuuta is online now   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)