RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 30-05-2021, 05:29 PM   #1
Pomegranate
Petulant

I am currently:
Perinatal do’s and dont’s please

Hi all! I am starting my penultimate training placement with a Perinatal team next week. I’m really excited for this opportunity but also feel woefully underprepared since I do not have children and neither do most of my close friends, or if they do, the children are all older.

I was wondering if any parents amongst you could share your advice or experience of these teams or mental health in the TTC/pregnancy/time after please? What did you find helpful, what would you have liked to have been done differently etc? Please feel free to PM me if you’d rather not discuss it on the boards!

Many thanks’

*Proud Plumeria Sister*

Pomegranate is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Hugs Given By :
Old 30-05-2021, 06:53 PM   #2
Auror.
Camden

I obviously don't have experience with this but wanted to say that I hope it goes well and good luck!

Please do not give me virtual hugs unless you are only using the hug function on threads. Thanks.

You can't always keep it separate.
This is happening, this is part of you.

Auror. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2021, 10:41 PM   #3
Pomegranate
Petulant

I am currently:

Thanks Camden

*Proud Plumeria Sister*

Old 31-05-2021, 08:50 PM   #4
EyelinerAndCigarettes

I am currently:

You're going to do amazing!! <3

I'll PM you now :)

EyelinerAndCigarettes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2021, 09:10 PM   #5
Pomegranate
Petulant

I am currently:

Thank you! I’ve just replied to your PM and I am ever so grateful for the input and experiences. Please feel free to message if there is anything you want to know or anything I can ask ‘hypothetically’ or help with.

*Proud Plumeria Sister*

Old 05-06-2021, 12:18 PM   #6
Mrs Sam
Nothing Special

I am currently:

I'm currently pregnant with my 4th child and with perinatal team for first time. For me the important things are making sure the team talk to the cmht especially before my initial appt. It was really useful that I didn't have to go through my trauma as they'd already been informed. Also asking the patient what they want is useful but only if they've discussed all the services they offer first. I got asked what I wanted from them but I didn't actually know what they did so it felt weird. Mine keep waxing on about amazing zoom things they're doing but I don't like zoom anything but they haven't asked me this so now I feel awkward telling them so not presuming everything you offer will be useful. To be fair my team has been amazing and I've felt totally supported by both perinatal and my cmht but I know I'm very lucky.

Something Special.

Mrs Sam is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)