RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 15-02-2011, 09:39 PM   #1
Ninja Orange

I am currently:
The too small to make its own thread Thread :)

I thought we need one of these.

Basically, I made this thread for stuff that isn't positive enough to go in esther's queendom or the 'what have you done for recovery', but not serious enough to have its own thread.

But you can post anything you like in here. Everyone's welcome.

Ninja Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2011, 09:44 PM   #2
Siouxsie

I am currently:

Good thread love <3

Siouxsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2011, 10:01 PM   #3
Ninja Orange

I am currently:

I figured the picture board has one, so why can't we have one too? :D

I've one thing on my mind today. Lately, I've been restricting much more than b/p-ing. And since a few days ago, I've had this sudden BPD-impulsivity related "I'm going to get better" weirdness going on. And that plan kind of included upping my intake to a more-or-less reasonable number. But I've never been good at planning large amounts of food, and I need to have a meal plan in order to function. But because I honestly can't think of enough stuff to put in my increased-calorie meal plan, I end up eating junk with the excuse that I have to make up my calories. So, when I restrict, nutritionally I actually eat healthier than in this "getting better" thing.

Wat do?

Old 15-02-2011, 10:16 PM   #4
Lyddie

Firstly, this is a really good thread (:

Also, well done on deciding to up your food intake, that's a really good thing! So go you (:
Okies, that does sound like a tough one, but I understand where you're coming from; it can be really hard to try and figure out what one should eat. Have a look as this thread here to get some ideas for healthy meals, hopefully we'll come up with some more ideas so it gets bumped up to the first page again! Anywho, other than that, is there anyone who you could sit down and make a healthy meal plan with? Someone who cuold help you think of healthy, but also nutritious and higher calorie meals. Or perhaps go to your GP and see if you could organise to see a nutritionist??
Sorry if those aren't useful ideas. Good luck with everything

Lyddie
xx

Lyddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2011, 10:31 PM   #5
Keyboard Warrior

I am currently:

I've got an assessment at an EDU tommorow... nervous. >.>

Great idea for a thread ♥

Keyboard Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2011, 10:32 PM   #6
Ninja Orange

I am currently:

Thanks Lyddie.
I'll have a look at that thread in a bit.
I'd been seeing a dietician last summer for a few weeks, but the information he gave me isn't very useful now, because I wasn't in a very good place at all back then, and he was going at my pace (i.e. very very slow). I don't even know how many times a day people are supposed to eat. The dietician just asked me how many meals I think it's reasonable to eat, I gave him a random guess, and he went with that. And the meal plans he helped me make ended up being really restrictive because I had a very limited range of safe foods. & I'm not sure how appropriate it would be to go & ask for a dietician referral again, they'll probably see it as wasting the HSE's resources since I didn't benefit last time. Plus, I've been pretty much discharged from the MH centre, I only go there to get my meds.
Also, filling myself up with junk is a really bad idea as well, because I'm trying to recover from bulimia (with some restrictive tendencies, but bulimia nevertheless), not anorexia, so I'm really prone to binging and purging cycles, that are set off by anything that I eat that wasn't on my meal plan.

Old 15-02-2011, 10:35 PM   #7
Ninja Orange

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stop! Hammer Time View Post
I've got an assessment at an EDU tommorow... nervous. >.>
It's perfectly normal to be nervous. But it'll be fine :) Don't waste too much of your nerves and energy on it.

Hope it goes well. Let us know.
x

Old 15-02-2011, 10:37 PM   #8
Lyddie

Stop! Hammer Time (Chels?): Good luck with your appointment tomorrow, hope that it goes okay.

oxymoron: Sorry to hear that your dietician wasn't much use. At the moment do you feel you can cope with larger meals or smaller ones? Because you could either aim for 3 larger meals a day with a couple of snacks if you need them, or else aim for something like 6 smaller meals a day if that would be easier. It's all very personal I think. And it still might be worth a try asking for a referral to a dietician if you feel it would be helpful.

Sorry I'm not much good on advice at the moment, I'm a bit meh.

Old 15-02-2011, 10:40 PM   #9
All I know is falling.

I feel fat, worthless and inadequate. So up and down lately, it's driving me nuts.

//whining.

*hugs Anna & Chels*

All I know is falling. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2011, 10:46 PM   #10
Ninja Orange

I am currently:

Well, I'm in a recovery mindset, so I think I'll cope with most things. My 'safe' foods are much more varied than they were last year, and I'm making little progress steps in other areas of ED-related situations (like being able to eat in college, reintroducing previously terrifying foods etc) It's just the thinking of enough stuff that's the problem. I think I'd be most comfortable if someone provided me with a set of clear instructions, along the lines of "X calories for breakfast, include Y amount of this food group, and Z amount of that food group; eat at A, B and C times of the day". I'd be able to work with something like that.

I have the motivation, I'm prepared to do stuff I need to do without backing off, just absolutely no idea what "normal" entails. I can only do b/p-ing, fasting, or restricting. I honestly just have no idea where I would start.

Old 15-02-2011, 10:48 PM   #11
Ninja Orange

I am currently:

*tight hugs Shauna*
I still think you need to see your Dr about controlling your moods. I know how annoying these up/down mood swings are. Think about it love.

Old 15-02-2011, 10:54 PM   #12
Lyddie

Anna: Knowing what normal is, is very hard after so long with an ED. I think that seeing a dietician now that you're in this mindset could definitely help, especially as you know what you want from it this time. And the fact that you want to recover from this is an amazing thing

Shauna: What Anna said basically. And also, as much as I know that you won't believe me, you are a kind, caring and beautiful person, who is worth so much more than a number on a scale. Take care

Old 15-02-2011, 11:02 PM   #13
Ninja Orange

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyddie View Post
Anna: Knowing what normal is, is very hard after so long with an ED. I think that seeing a dietician now that you're in this mindset could definitely help, especially as you know what you want from it this time. And the fact that you want to recover from this is an amazing thing
Ok, I'll ask my GP, maybe he'll recommend something. When I told him about my bulimia a year ago, he did mention something about some sort of ED services somewhere, but I was nowhere near ready. I'll bring it up again next time I see him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyddie View Post
Shauna: What Anna said basically. And also, as much as I know that you won't believe me, you are a kind, caring and beautiful person, who is worth so much more than a number on a scale. Take care
Shauna: ^This. I'm sure I've already told you you're amazing, kind, lovely, and generally awesome, but there's no harm in saying it again. & I'll keep repeating it until you get sick of me. :)

Old 16-02-2011, 12:40 AM   #14
EyelinerAndCigarettes

I am currently:

This is a brilliant thread! We had one of these a few years back, it was 'lets be honest' or something, but it got closed because people weren't supporting

Anyway!
I wanted to say this is fabulous! Just like all the members here are && I want to send a trillion hugs & boxes of strength [_]

I'm not really in the right mindset to reply - yet, but I will be back & reading, promise.

x x x

EyelinerAndCigarettes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2011, 12:52 AM   #15
All I know is falling.

I can't see a doctor, no insurance D: America sucks like that.
bahh.

Still keeping the option of school counseling in mind, but even then they'd refer me to a doctor or something, which I can't afford.

>.<

Old 16-02-2011, 02:48 PM   #16
Ninja Orange

I am currently:

Shauna: Is counselling free? Like, in my college, counselling is covered by the fees. Of course I don't know how it is in your college, but when I used the counselling service over here, they didn't refer me on to anyone. I mean, they can if you want to, but if you don't, they just keep working with you. Sure if it were a purely medical thing, it's another matter, but with medical-psychological things, you can do just talking therapy and see if it works.
Also, are you not on your parents' insurance anymore?

Helen: Welcome. & don't feel like you have to support if you're not in the right place for it at the moment, you can just come and rant if you're in that kind of mindset :).

Old 16-02-2011, 05:27 PM   #17
The One Who

I am currently:

I'm struggling with trying to lose weight healthily. Blah. Feel very rubbish.

*hugs everyone*

The One Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2011, 10:47 AM   #18
Ninja Orange

I am currently:

The scales are making me want to restrict today. I was even going to fast, but managed to talk myself out of it. No matter how hard I try, I can't not care what the scales say.

Old 17-02-2011, 12:31 PM   #19
All I know is falling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxymoron View Post
Shauna: Is counselling free? Like, in my college, counselling is covered by the fees. Of course I don't know how it is in your college, but when I used the counselling service over here, they didn't refer me on to anyone. I mean, they can if you want to, but if you don't, they just keep working with you. Sure if it were a purely medical thing, it's another matter, but with medical-psychological things, you can do just talking therapy and see if it works.
Also, are you not on your parents' insurance anymore?.
It is free, but they only offer it for short term. And they'll mostly just try to refer you, I read it on their website.

And, I don't actually know why I got kicked off. I got kicked when I turned nineteen. Although, I did call them yesterday to try and get on it myself. They're having someone call me sometime in the next few days, to see if I apply, and then if I do I'll meet with them and they'll help me submit an application and everything.

Old 17-02-2011, 12:44 PM   #20
Lyddie

Anna: I know how hard it is to ignore the scales and to believe what I'm about to say, but trust me, you are so much more than a number on a scale. You are you, not a stupid little number. I know it's hard to ignore, but please do try and not restrict today. Even if you can't feel comfortable with lots/normal amount of food. Try to eat more than you were planning, you need food. Your body needs this food. You are so much more than what you weigh.

Shauna: I hope that it gets sorted with you on your parents insurance. If it does would you be able to go to your doctors or something?? Sorry, I don't understand the US sytem.

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)