RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-11-2014, 09:27 PM   #1
Johnnypok

Just Need Some Life Advice

Well I need some advice in what to do with my life right now. I am 15 years old and a freshman in high school. My main hobbies are hanging with my friends and playing various computer games and watching YouTube videos. Everything involving my school work and grades are good since I am asian (only half Asian and not trying to be racist), but I have some love problems which I dont get much of. There is this one girl that I personally think is the prettiest in the world. During the beginning of the school year she said that of the guys she likes I am the cutest. (Not straight to my face but to her friends which are also my friends). Over the month that has passed we talk but not all the time. I am confused whether or not if she still likes me since she always talks about other boys, not to me though I just hear it. She has taken to writing my name then a heart symbol or loves then her name on my math books for the most part. I just feel distant from her sometimes since we don't always talk. I don't know what to do to get us closer. She knows that I like her and that she likes me. This also brings us to my main problem which is my body.

I hate to admit it, but I am fairly 'fat' and have discolored teeth because of my negligence when I was a child. I used to be and remember the days where I was slim and had a good smile. Also my chubbiness doesn't really show that much through my clothes because my legs are pretty toned from the years of soccer and track I did and my face is not chubby because I chew ridiculous amounts of gum when I have it available until my mouth is sore so it's pretty toned also. I have somewhat of a regimine to whitening my teeth, which is brushing it with baking soda after I brush my teeth. If anyone has any other way that is more effective tell me because I have only just started to use this technique. I feel as though my life would be ten times better if I was able to be less self conscious about my body and smile. I am too embarrassed to ask my parents and sister about helping me to get fit, but I feel comfortable about it with my brother. He was always skinny but when he started high school he worked out a lot and has become built. What should I do to help me get fit and put my life on an easier path? Thanks for reading this guys I really need help. Not trying to be suicidal but sometimes I just feel like if I were to turn off the light I would be reborn with an easier life. I really just want to become better so that I can finally be comfortable around the girl I like and not have to hide my smile and my body.

Johnnypok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 10:57 PM   #2
JusC

Hi there, its really good to hear that u want to improve ur life style in ways of getting healthy and fit as u said. Not many people have thé motivation u have so u shouldfeel proud of urself by making à few changes then and there.

One thing i wanted to ask was, do u want to get fit because of this girl being interested in u or do u want to do it for urself? You need to think long and hard about this. If ur doing it for this girl then maybe u are very insecure but if ur doing it for u then thats brillant as thats thé kind of spirit u need. Dont mix thé right reasons for thé wrong reasons.

Good to know that u are interested in someone right now as i always find that cute to hear and more importantly shes interested in u two. I can see sparks flying here. This is really sweet. How long have u known her? Where did u meet her ?

If u want to know how u can get talking to her then i think its about getting some incouragment from ur friends and making thé fitst move. All guys need to make thé first move when they want to get to know a girl. All us girls feel flattered by it as it makes more sensé.

Just be urself, star t up a conversation saying Ive seen u around and i know were friends with thé same people so i just wanted to come over and ask wether u wanted to hang out some time? Thats all u need to say. Play it cool and once u have said that then leave thé door open for her to get back in touch with u. Have u spoken to ur brother about this? You can maybe talk to him about what u can do to make à move on this girl? If he has à gf then thats proberly better.

For u to get fit. I would suggest to get some advice from ur brother again and ask him How he got healthy all of à sudden and if its something u can do two then i would go for it. Anything like going to thé gym, playing tennis or going walking are all good ways of keeping healthy. You could get ur brother to sign u up at his gym. See what u think and go a long with it. Also try and eat all good groups in ur diet so thats carbs, protein, vitamins and minerals and a bit of fat. Swap ur snacks to more healthier ones like fruit or veg and for dinner add more veg then potatoes. Those little things can make a huge différence. You can still have what u want also.

With ur teeth as u mentioned u could go and see à dentist by booking an appointment when u get chance and asking wether they can give u some advice on teeth cleaning and what will help u in thé long run with having healthier teeth. Im not sure what expert advice they will give u they could just say make sure u brush twice à day, u drink more water then fizzy drinks, eatting healthy, try not to have alot of fruit juices or anything acid cuz that will stain ur teeth and one thing they will say whats more important then anything is try using a electric tooth brush then a manual if u can. Could recomened good good ways of how to brush and what products u can use. All dentists would recommend Collagate ToothPaste and if its for a whiter smile then Collagate White where in two weeks ur teeth are whiter then before also mouthwash they will get u to try two.

I hope that helps and remember that if u need any further help about anything then please get in touch. There is always someone to talk to and u dont need to feel alone at all. If u need any further advice about the problems u mentioned u can visit The BBC Advice Pages. They give u alot of advice and help on healthy lifestyle.

Good Luck :)

JusC is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)