RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-07-2007, 01:02 PM   #1
Bleeding Angel
This is my story, and your not part of it...

I am currently:
Borderline personality and hospital

Right, iv'e been reading a few threads lately where people with BPD have mentiond about being in hospital.

Im slightly wondering why no one is allowing me to go into hospital, it doesnt matter how bad and self-destructive i am, and suicidal, they still wont let me, infact the wont even give me any other treatment cept some pills.

I guess my questions are, how did you managed to get put into hospital? And are you refused any other kind of treatment because you have borderline?

"Its not how long a star shines, what is remembered is the brightness of the light"

Bleeding Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 01:11 PM   #2
one_step_closer
The Shadow of the Day

I don't really know much about this, but most professionals prefer to give you support outwith hospital, and for some the goal is to keep you in the community if at all possible. That would allow you to find ways of coping with day to day life in an ordinary situation instead of finding yourself with so much support that you may find it difficult to get through situations with minimal support.

I can't understand why they won't give you any treatment other than medication, have they explained their reasons for this? You deserve to be listened to and given the support that you need. If you feel that people aren't taking you seriously then tell them straight. I hope that things turn out ok for you. Get in touch any time. Take care. xxx

I put it down on paper and then the ghost does not ache so much.

Don't try to calm the storm, calm yourself, the storm will pass.

You didn't come this far just to come this far.

one_step_closer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 01:30 PM   #3
Stellata

Oks... I found this article. Its long but seems to have some useful information in it.

http://209.85.135.104/search?q=cache... nk&cd=7&gl=uk

And this is from Mind http://www.mind.org.uk/Information/B...y+disorder.htm

I have BPD traits, as you know, Mari. However I am in long term intensive private psychotherapy, and so have never needed hospital admission, because I have a safe available support structure in place, as well as my main traits being the abandonment fears and dissociation, rather than acting on suicidal feelings and thoughts.

Of course, if you really feel it would benefit you, which it may well do, as you don't have a strong face-to-face support network [you have online support, but when in a crisis having someone with you physically can be really important.] then there is always the option of going private, but I do realise that's not an ideal or even possible option for you.

The main focus of your treatment, as I see it, needs to be learning ways to manage your feelings safely, and learning to trust yourself in managing these. You are doing well, but may well need some additional support in this direction.

Stellata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 08:06 PM   #4
craola
Clouds In My Coffee.

I am currently:

Hospital is the very last result once you're over 18.
Its really, really horrid in there and to be honest you're no less safe. I was twice as destructive in there than I was out here. Im sorry this is so short for some reason everythings triggering me.

craola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 07:50 PM   #5
Psychedelic Doodle Pop

I'm sorry you're not getting proper treatment hun. I have strong BPD traits, but haven't been diagnosed as I'm not yet 18. I've been in hospital part time for two years now. One of the nurses told me that as soon as you get a PD label you are taken out of hospital and off medication as it is not thought to be treatable. I do however know this is not true, because I have had treatment for my BPD traits which has helped. However, her opinion is one some professionals take, that BPD is not treatable and BPD's should not be hospitalised. It sounds like your professionals might be taking this view. I would look up the nice guidelines (google) in fact I'll go look at them now and come back. There are special organisations for BPD you could google too, including therapeutic communities such as the Henderson.

Old 11-07-2007, 07:58 PM   #6
Bleeding Angel
This is my story, and your not part of it...

I am currently:

^^ Thank you.

Im going to ask for a second diagnosis anyway, because i beileve that some guy at 3am in a hospital doesnt have the right to talk to me for 45 mins and lable me with BPD. Of couse im going to have to fight with the Cpn for that.

I need to ask for a pill change as well becuase i think i should be on mood stabilsers rather than Serequel, because i dont see why i should knock myself out and sleep every mood swing, it aint living if your sleeping through life.

I guess the other point was there is no female beds in Dundee, so even if i did, i couldnt anyway.

"Its not how long a star shines, what is remembered is the brightness of the light"

Bleeding Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 08:04 PM   #7
craola
Clouds In My Coffee.

I am currently:

Mari I would definatly ask for a second ask for a second opinion (not because I dont believe you) because it seems to be a really long process for me. I dont know how they can tell in 45 minutes when im going on a year of the diagnosis bit. I wish you could go somewhere else though, i've never been happy with the treatment you get and it really is annoying. I dont know about meds though, im on mood stabilisers, anti-psychotics and anti-depressants...so im reeeeeeeeeeally not sure what does what :/

Annnyways you're amazing.
Yes.

craola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 08:15 PM   #8
Psychedelic Doodle Pop

http://guidance.nice.org.uk/page.aspx?o=415941

I'm afraid the actual guidelines haven't been finished and published yet, but definitely go for a second opinion, not only on diagnosis, but treatment also.

Old 13-07-2007, 05:02 PM   #9
beautiful&dying
I ain't thick it's just a trick

I am currently:

i'm the same hun, borderline and totally dismissed by the health service, left to get on with it on my own and totally ignored. because they can't fix it, hospital doesn't seem to help much. i hope you're ok.
xxxxxxx

beautiful&dying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2007, 08:14 PM   #10
EmTeeEm

I am currently:

I've always been under the impression that while you can't cure it you can control BPD, at the hospital I go to for group, one of the girls had BPD and they were giving her meds, she was in supported accomodation, had counselling and group therapy. The help is out there, I guess its just a fight against all the closed minded people out there to get what you need although it SHOULD be readily avaliable.

Hope you're okay xx

EmTeeEm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2007, 03:04 PM   #11
xanthismom

I am currently:

I have been hospitalized several times in the past and most recently i worse in the hospital so they discharged me they prefer to manage the symptoms such as depression and anxiaty and have you go to pcichiatrist but i live in australia so it may be different

xanthismom is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)