RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-06-2007, 10:00 PM   #1
Lewis The Second

Does anyone else...

... feel like they're being judged by people all the time?

For me, particularly my parents. Like, I know I'm not perfect, but they're acting really disappointed by me all the time at the moment, and it's just really bringing me down, and then they have a go at me for acting weird.

It's rubbish :(

Lewis The Second is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 10:14 PM   #2
shushyface
ooh this is new

I am currently:

yeah i sometimes feel like that. everyone judges everyone else at some point but it still hurts especially when you need their support rather than their judgement.

Have you talked to your parents about this? maybe there is a problem, maybe there isn't, but you won't know unless you guys talk about it.

pm me if you'd like to chat, i like pm's and new friends!

shushy xxx

not a family, a house :

purple_rain (Liz) - my purple dolphin
Chingas (Lisa) - adopted sister
claireyfairey - my toaster
avalanche - the house spoon

shushyface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 10:18 PM   #3
sparkle.
iwannabreakfree

I am currently:

I know how you feel, but hang in there, and try to think that maybe they're not disappointed in you at all =]
I'm sure they don't mean to make you feel like they're disappointed, as shushyface suggests, can you chat to them about it? Clear it up, if you feel you can.
Sorry that's not much help, take care x x x

Happy girls are the prettiest girls

sparkle. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 10:20 PM   #4
Lewis The Second

The problem is, neither of them are very good at awkward situations, and talking about anything important would indeed be an awkward situation. In the past whe I've tried that, they've either got really defensive, ignored it, or made jokes about it. I love them to bits but we're just not alike at all so it's difficult to help them understand anything.

Lewis The Second is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 11:30 PM   #5
SugarKane
wants to be the girl with the most cake

I am currently:

Hmm, feeling that others are constantly judging you is a fairly common symptom of social anxiety disorder I think, as that's what I get, pretty much all the time (even on here, which is hugely dumb!). Is it specific people like your parents and people who know you, or does it extend to the man on the street, so to speak?

SugarKane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 11:46 PM   #6
smillina88

I am currently:

I know what you feel. My father is costantly reminding me how imperfect I am. He knows how to make me feel really bad about myself. He's able to make me cry, when a moment earlyer I was laughing.
However I know I'm judjed form people in general. They tend to do that. I know what they think about me. The meanest of them told me what they thought of me. The point is: you should try not to care even if, I know it, It's really difficult.

smillina88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 12:53 AM   #7
bigmouth
cucarachita martina

I feel like that especially with regards to my parents. I am currently unemployed and every job that I apply for they don't think is good enough. The way I see it is that they have every right to judge me until I am totally sorted. At which point I will be able to turn around and say that I didn't do it there way, but I still made it.

Anna XXX

bigmouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 02:52 AM   #8
raistlin
Strong Survivor

I am currently:

I am often being judged by people as that's just how it is where I am at. Some is good, some is bad. Don't let the negative bring you down. Do you best, that's all you can do. You'll be fine. :)

raistlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 04:22 AM   #9
Mystified
Love Like Crazy

I am currently:

All the time! Especially when people ask me questions, and then kind of scrunch up their noses at my answer...argh!

~Tiffany~

Mystified is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)