RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 20-08-2009, 01:48 AM   #1
Artyom

I am currently:
question about setting up appointment with psychiatrist.

So i've really been wanting to set up an appointment to see a psychiatrist for the past several months after i slipped up once again with my SH.

I was having some problems at first because i didnt want to have to get my insurance information from my mom because i just dont want her to know about it, its been several years since ive seen any sort of mental health doctor and everyone in my family thinks it's in the past, so im nervous and embaressed just to bring it up.

I happened to find my insurance card in my wallet a week or so ago, completely forgetting that my mom gave it to me for when i need to go to the doctor for when im sick and whatnot, and ive looked up all sorts of info on the insurance's website to get some information on the mental health benefits for my insurance. I am a dependent on my mom's insurance, and i have found several places that will accept my insurance, all i would have to pay is a 10 dollar co-payment per visit.

My question is, if i call and set up an appointment, can they verify all my insurance information so im sure i wont be charged a massive amount for anything i dont know about, and also, if i do use the card and what not, is any of this information going to reach my mom since im on her policy? Oh and i'm also not a minor, ill be 21 in a few months, in case that helps any.

I'd really like to start getting some help, but i have just been real hesitant about this whole thing. I'm figuring if i go through with it, she'll probably find out about it eventually, but i rather deal with it after im seeing help and what-not. I know she wont care, im just embaressed about my whole situation and hate them knowing.

Sorry this turned out to be so long, i appreciate anyone that can help me out.

Artyom is offline   Reply With Quote
One Hug Given By:
Old 20-08-2009, 06:14 AM   #2
Buttercup.
loveeeeeee

I am currently:

To figure out the charges and such, I'd say talk to the billing office and tell them that you need to know exactly what will be charged before you agree to it.

And I THINK, please don't kill me if I'm wrong lol...I think that the statements will be mailed addressed to you even though you are on your mom's policy. If she went investigating through stuff and asking for records, she might be able to find out what you'd been using it for, but unless you show her the statement that you receive from the company she shouldn't be able to know.

This is all what I think at least. I was on my parents insurance last year and I was always the one to receive the statements after my doctor's visits and ER trips, etc.

So unless your mom is in the FBI or something I don't think she's going to notice if you use that insurance info. I really know what you mean about being embarrassed, I'm the same way with my parents. But in the end, I find it more stressful to be hiding things from them. Good luck :)

Jess x

I wanna stay inside all day
I want the world to go away

Buttercup. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2009, 06:23 AM   #3
Artyom

I am currently:

Thanks alot for your response Jess.

I wont be freaked out or anything if she finds out, i just rather start getting treatment first without bringing it up.

But i'll prob be making a call here soon about it. I hate making appointments and crap.

Artyom is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)