RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 15-01-2020, 04:11 AM   #1
Sprinkles1994

I just don't know what to do about this job anymore..

Hello all.. so I've been at this job for almost 7 years.. I started when I was 18 and I am now 25.. my boss is always paying me minimum wage even though I work my ass off, but when gets to me most is the manager. He is constantly talking so badly about everyone even the owner himself. He calls everyone stupid, dumb, and an idiot. He talks behind everyone's back and gossips constantly. He is so lazy he constantly sits on his ass and complains.. he comes in 10,20,30, even an hour late and changes his time clock. His excuses? I'm tired, I don't feel well, my clothes are still wet, my alarm didn't go off, my back hurts, my chest hurts, my head hurts, my leg hurts, I can't find my car keys, it's too cold.This has been told to the owner numerous times and yet he fails to do anything about it. Today the manager and I got into an argument via text messages because I didn't want to cover him for an hour because I needed to get home. My schedule is 6 am to 1pm. So I clock out at 1pm and he is upset and he basically told me how to do my job even though I know how to do it and I do it well..now he's being a big baby and telling me not to mix my personal life with work? I told him I was off at 1 and I have personal things to tend to outside of work. When he seems to be doing just that. I never mix personal time with work ever. He has come to work crying because he was not feeling well and his wife came to rub him at work. He is constantly leaving during work to go home and take a nap. He has taken a nap in his car during work because he was tired. I want to quit. I deserve better. I put up with crappy customers, crappy manager. And body pain from this job. I just don't know what to do.. do I quit or wait until I find something else.. I have been so incredibly unhappy for years and this really was my breaking point.. I just don't know what to do anymore..

Sprinkles1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2020, 07:22 AM   #2
nonperson

I am currently:

It really does suck being in a job that is making you unhappy. And it really isn't worth putting up with it. Your happiness needs to come first.

It might not be sensible to just quit without a new job lined up, but if you think you can do that and get a new job soon then go for it. If I were you though, I'd stomach it there a bit longer and start applying for new jobs now.

nonperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2020, 05:12 PM   #3
Sprinkles1994

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonperson View Post
It really does suck being in a job that is making you unhappy. And it really isn't worth putting up with it. Your happiness needs to come first.

It might not be sensible to just quit without a new job lined up, but if you think you can do that and get a new job soon then go for it. If I were you though, I'd stomach it there a bit longer and start applying for new jobs now.
Thank you nonperson..😪 I'm trying hard to make the right decision that isn't based off my emotions..😪 more logical like you said..

Sprinkles1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2020, 07:42 PM   #4
nonperson

I am currently:

But your emotions will play a huge part in that decision making process and shouldn't be ignored. I think you know what you need to do though - sometimes it just takes a person from the outside to point out the logical side of things?

Do you think you'd be able to find a new job fairly easily?

nonperson is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)