RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-04-2009, 07:05 AM   #1
I got stripes

I am currently:
Concentration issues, any help?

Hi there everyone,

I'm having really bad concentration issues right now, I have psychotic depression apparently and university exams coming up which I have to pass. I was just wondering if having really, I mean really, bad concentration was a common symptom and if anyone has any tips what I can do to improve it because I really can't fail these exams. I've already dropped out before I'm not going to let it win again.

I've tried doing short bursts, tried caffeine, tried not taking my meds (which helped a bit but isn't ideal...), I just can't get my head down.

Any tips?

Thanks in advance.

I got stripes is offline   Reply With Quote
3 Hugs Given By :
Old 11-04-2009, 08:24 AM   #2
ThinkingofRecovery

I am currently:

I have poor concentration - apparently going through a depressive episode right now. It really makes work difficult. I am going to be hypocritical here but try not to focus on the inability to concentrate, if you get what I mean.

Maybe try some nice music in the background - apparently stimulating all senses helps you revise more effectively etc. The short spurts are the best way forward for now.

Please don't miss your meds, it will just make things worse.

Do your uni know re your psychotic depression? If so, they should be able to give you more time, special exemptions etc.

"Everything is possible through Christ, who gives me strength". Phillipians 4:13

ThinkingofRecovery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 09:46 AM   #3
rustedchains
she's a question without answers

I am currently:

Does setting up a system help? For example, I will study for (x) minutes and then I will do something else. I find that setting a schedule helps me focus, but maybe I'm odd.

"When you feel like giving up, remember why you held on for so long in the first place." - Anon

"When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on. " - FDR

rustedchains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 04:25 AM   #4
I got stripes

I am currently:

I will try both your suggestions, thanks :)

no reason: yes my uni do know and are being very understanding but I don't like feeling like I'm making excuses if you know what I mean? I just want to get on with it but I can't my stupid head just won't work right.

I probably should have mentioned in my original post, I spoke to a CPN and she said it's probably caused by anxiety, but I get even more anxious being unable to concentrate so if that's the cause it's one vicious cycle. Anyone have any tips for not getting anxious?

I got stripes is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)