Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 27-02-2008, 01:50 PM   #1
Deepest Blue
Every RYL Individual Is Special

I am currently:
Is anybody here a vegetarian?

Hey ya!

Perhaps the question has been asked loads of times before, but just wondering how many of us were vegetarian? If you are, have you struggled with it or was it an easy thing to convert to? Was the temptation to eat meat too great that you've succumbed to going back to being a meat eater?

Take Care.

People will forget what you said
People will forget what you did
But people will never forget how you made them feel

Deepest Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2008, 02:00 PM   #2
Chimaera
- oxo -

I am currently:

I'm vegetarian. Have been for... just over four years now? Maybe more, I can't remember. For me it was the easiest thing in the world to do because I never liked eating meat, ever since I could remember. For the last four-five years I wasn't a vegetarian, the only meat I ate was chicken (turkey on Thanksgiving and Christmas) but it was so rare that I knew I could live without it.

In the first couple of months I kept having dreams about eating hotdogs and burgers (which is weird because I never really liked either) and I would realize halfway through eating it that I was vegetarian! Haha, crazy dreams.

Unfortunately I have had a few mishaps with eating things that secretly had meat in them. I'm normally insanely careful when I eat something at a restaurant. I learned that sometimes baked potatoes will come with bacon bits (even if they're fake) baked right into them, lol.

But yeah. I've also tried on many occasions to convert to veganism, but it never lasted more than a month, lol. [=

somewhere beyond the horizon;;
Live. Love. Laugh.

Chimaera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2008, 02:57 PM   #3
Jelly Fairy
A girl's best friend is always a horse....

I am currently:

I am - Have been since I was 8, so for 9 years now.

I grew up on a beef farm and saw exactly what went on in the meat industry - I didn't want anything to do with that!!

Jelly Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2008, 03:17 PM   #4
Stressed PC Boy
CaN i HaZ ReCoN?

I am currently:

I tried to be for quite a while, I love animals and wish it could be a different way but I lacked the will power to walk past Chinese restaurants and know that someone somewhere was eating sweet and sour chicken... someone who wasn't me

Stressed PC Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2008, 03:25 PM   #5
Capulette

I am too =)

It was really easy, but I've found you have to be very careful with eating sweets, because most of them have gelatine in <_<

Capulette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2008, 03:42 PM   #6
muzzii
(They/he)

I am currently:

I'm a vegetarian! I found not eating meat reletivly esay but tha's probably because I didn't really like meat much to begin with =]

muzzii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2008, 04:35 PM   #7
x-dying-inside-x
*Dan*

I am currently:

im not but i dont eat meat that much, hardly really.
maybe i will cut it all out.

" my precious, precious child, I love you and I would never, never leave you during your times of trials and suffering. When you see only one set of footprints it was then that I carried you" you were carried out of are lifes into the next and when its my time to leave this life I know i will be carried into the next life with you.
I wish i had my world complete again.
'Can we protend that airplanes in the night sky are like shooting stars, i could really use a wish right now' BoB

x-dying-inside-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2008, 04:38 PM   #8
DisenchantedxRomance

I am currently:

I'm a veggie too! I have been for about six months or so. I started to not like meat anymore, so I just thought, maybe I should just give it up. I don't agree with the way that the animals are treated but I will drink milk and eat eggs too. Can't live without my milk.

I'm wide awake...

3.19.2011- Best day
1.30.2010-You left me.
8.28.2008-Fly High.

DisenchantedxRomance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2008, 04:53 PM   #9
Popple

Katy was vegitarian for a while, then vegan but when she went into the unit they banned her from it and when she tasted chicken she remembered how much she loved it =]

never went back
xx

You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are.

Popple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2008, 04:57 PM   #10
beautiful&dying
I ain't thick it's just a trick

I am currently:

I've been a veggie/vegan at different times throughout my life. I will never eat meat.

How could you become as awesome as you are and still feel like a loser?
Pixie (my little sister) * QueerFringe (my daughter)* Dreamerandbeliever (my cuddly kitten) * Acrasia (my twinny)
(Currently have left this website so find me here if you want me)

beautiful&dying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2008, 05:12 PM   #11
Animad

I'm a veggie. Have been for coming up seven years now. I've never really found it hard as I've never really liked meat, the only one I actually liked was chicken but that wasn't enough to stop me. I've never once missed eating meat and don't (seriously) plan on me going back to eating meat.

Animad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2008, 05:40 PM   #12
<3Danni<3
Danielle =]

I am currently:
i was but now am not

i was until about a month back when i decided my heath had to come first. i jst wasnt getting all the right goodness and stuff.
Went back to eattin meat and my god i feel so much healthier, i have more energy, a better appertite and iv not been ill half as much and i get ill alot.
i can see now that meat is an important part of ones diet and although i still strongly disagree with the way the animals are treated before they make it to our plates i can find reasurance in knowing that animal died to help me to live because i was slowly killing myself with the little amount of veggie food i actualy ate.

<3 He took the blade from her hand and whispered gently in her ear " hold on and everything will be alright" <3

<3Danni<3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2008, 05:50 PM   #13
[Purple_Rain]
Forum Mod

I am currently:

veggie, nearly 6 years now.

i have only found it hard when my family run out of things to make fun of me for lol, and they take the micky out of that.

but yes, there are lambs in the feild behind me. and it was kinda simpsons moment for (when lisa starts thinkign the baby lamb is tlaking to her)

"I would be almighty in my own world of art, even if I had to paint my pictures with my wet tongue on the dusty floor of my cell." -Picasso
"No, painting is not done to decorate apartments. It is an instrument of war." - Picasso

'I have scars becuase I have a past; but they, like my past, do not define my future'

[Purple_Rain] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2008, 05:53 PM   #14
Lora

I am currently:

I am, have been since I was about 9, so for nearly 12 years now.
I don't get the temptation to eat meat at all, I don't like the thought of eating muscle etc. Although apparently I have eaten meat once or twice when I've been very very drunk, though I don't remember, lol!

I scream for the sunlight, or a car to take me anywhere, just get me past this Dead and Eternal snow.
And if the perfect spring is waiting somewhere, just take me there, and lie to me and tell me it’s gonna be Alright.
- Conor Oberst

Proud PLUMERIA Sister

Lora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2008, 06:02 PM   #15
Buttercup.
loveeeeeee

I am currently:

I've been vegan since I was 9 and vegetarian since I was 6. I've never had the temptation to eat meat or dairy, I'd rather lick the tires of a tractor.

I wanna stay inside all day
I want the world to go away

Buttercup. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2008, 06:21 PM   #16
Divine.Night
All the Rage

I am currently:

im vegetarian. have been for about a year. i had a friend help me convert.

Just Run....

Divine.Night is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2008, 06:27 PM   #17
Jukebox

I've been one for the past 4 years. I've not wanted to eat meat at all since being a vegetarian. I'd rather top myself than eat an animal.

I can't see any good from eating something that used to live. It's just plain cruel.
And to see the amount of things that are tested on animals sickens me. It's disgusting.

Although I have these views, I would never ever try and force someone to stop eating meat. It's their decision, just like it's mine to not eat meat.

Old 27-02-2008, 06:29 PM   #18
Voldemort

*Eats Olivia*

Yum.

Voldemort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2008, 06:31 PM   #19
i.n.f.i.n.i.t.e.s.i.m.a.l
you think it's over, but it just begun

I am currently:

I've been a vegetarian for almost nine years. I didn't find it very hard, and after the first few months, the thought of ever eating meat again was unthinkable, and as time went on I just became even more repulsed by it. Unfortunately, going vegan hasn't been as easy, I've been working on it for nearly two years, lol

But it's too late to be real, no time to be strong enough
just time to leave it all behind, memory has become pain
You're tender and you're tired
You can't be bothered to decide whether you live or die
or just forget about your life
Drift away and die, never say goodbye
Drift away and die
Never say goodbye
Drift away and die

i.n.f.i.n.i.t.e.s.i.m.a.l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2008, 06:43 PM   #20
Deepest Blue
Every RYL Individual Is Special

I am currently:

Wow what feedback ! I am absolutely thrilled to bits :) I've changed to a vegetarian for nearly two years now and I'm happy with it :)

I can't live without cheese though, I LOVE CHEESE !!!! :D

People will forget what you said
People will forget what you did
But people will never forget how you made them feel

Deepest Blue is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)