Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-03-2012, 11:40 PM   #5381
risenfromperdition
you are loved and beautiful :)

let yourslef rest if you're tired katy <3
hope all is well on wednesday <333
[/ambushing]

“The good things don’t always soften the bad, but vice-versa, the bad things don’t necessarily spoil the good things and make them unimportant.”
“Nobody important? Blimey, that’s amazing. Do you know, in nine hundred years of time and space I’ve never met anyone who wasn’t important before.”
“If it’s time to go, remember what you’re leaving. Remember the best. My friends have always been the best of me.”

risenfromperdition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 09:05 AM   #5382
Beautifully Broken
Even The Best Fall Down Sometimes.

Charlie, I have to say, that is a bargain! I got loads of girls stuff given to me once Faith was born for nothing...Like 2 crates full of stuff and bin bags as well.

I have a 20 month old with some serious attitude problems this morning...

Beautifully Broken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 10:42 AM   #5383
Mandimoo
Mummy!!

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by effervescence View Post
I have to say, this worries me a bit. It's easy to listen to something that you think is baby's heartbeat but actually be mistaken. Please also remember to take notice of baby's movements (which will get easier as pregnancy progresses) and how you are feeling as an indication of baby's wellbeing and contact your midwife ASAP if you are ever worried about anything.
I had the exact same thing, its easy to tell its baby's heartbeat because you can take your pulse and its faster than your pulse. It's no good for telling baby is fine as only an experienced mkdwife etc can tell what the speed/sounds mean, but its good to get close to your baby and we made a film of scan pics nd recorded heart best from doppler so our family could see/listen to it. Its good for that.

Mand, South Wales, Full-time working, single mother to 2 scarily independent girls.
I AM A PROUD PLUMERIA SISTER

Mand x

Mandimoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 05:44 PM   #5384
squirrelspit

I am currently:

Its not intended to be a replacement for a midwife, it is literally because i am paranoid. I have a pretty good idea of what im listening to, i trained as a nurse.

Plus its nice for Stuart to be able to have a listen.

squirrelspit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 10:38 PM   #5385
88shelz
be positive

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by squirrelspit View Post
Any news Katy?

Bec, im glad little one started moving again. Have you started thinking about names yet?

There was a lady on gumtree who lives a 10 minute train ride from me who was advertising a big bag of baby clothes as her son had grown out of them. It was only 20 quid so i thought that even if there just a few bits we could use that would be a saving and worth it. Anyway, we picked it up and this lady was well posh. She said she had chucked a load of extra bits in as she was doing the laundry and kept finding stuff that didnt fit him.

Anyway, this stuff is all like brand new Ted Baker and John Lewis and Mothercare stuff. We now have about 20 babygrows, 3 pairs of dungarees, 10 tshirts, 5 pairs of jeans, 10 pairs of trousers, 6 sleepsuits, 6 jumpers and 2 hoodys, plus a bucket load of boots, socks, scratch mittens, bibs, burping cloth things and hats. I unpacked it all last night and actually cried a bit.

I have also bought a doppler because i am super paranoid. It is an angelsounds one and it was 18quid on amazon and it was so reassuring to be able to listen to little man today cos hes been kinda quiet the last day or so. I think hes turned around so hes probably tired now.

Hopefully he has dragged the placebta round with him. :P

end ramble.
Angel sound doppler is awesome. I used one my whole pregnancy and kept it to use again.

88shelz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 10:41 PM   #5386
88shelz
be positive

I am currently:

Any body have 20 week old or remember their kids at that age?
What sort of routine do/did they have and how often did they wake each night?

Old 12-03-2012, 03:37 PM   #5387
Mrs Sam
Nothing Special

I am currently:

Elliot is 16 weeks and has between 1-3 hours of naps a day and sleeps through from 7-6 ish. He's bottle fed with one baby rice/ purée meal a day. Saying that my friends baby is 18 weeks and wakes twice in night and has one long nap over lunch abd is BF with one purée meal and another is 22 weeks and wakes frequently at night and is BF (don't know about daytime). My cousins little boy slept through the night from 6 weeks on bottle.

At the baby group I go to it's a mix of waking twice a night, to sleeping through.

So I think anything goes!

Something Special.

Mrs Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 03:50 PM   #5388
88shelz
be positive

I am currently:

Dylan slept through at 7weeks. By 12 weeks his in diagnosed milk allergy was so bad he would e up every hour. Now I'm back to every three hour for feeds through the night and I'm exhausted. He is fed neocate now. Gets three purée meals a day along with some purée fruit as a snack at 11am and 3pm. He wakes 6am and is asleep by 7.30am for half hour. Asleep at 10am for two hours. Asleep by two for two hours. Trying to wake him up is so hard. He just goes back to sleep or screams til he is asleep. Im so disappontes that he was in a good routine and sleeping through and now he is out of a good routine and waking every three hours at 4.5months. . Any ideas on what to do

Old 12-03-2012, 04:09 PM   #5389
Mrs Sam
Nothing Special

I am currently:

Are you doing all the night feeds? When Elliot was feeding every 3 hours (up till a couple of weeks ago) I did one feed then S did te other so we got at least 5 hours I'm bed at some point. Seemed to work quite well. Are you able to nap when he sleeps? I also found he went longer at night when he had more bottles during day and if he misses a bottle he sleeps really badly and unsettled.

Other than that I don't know as Elliot has kinda done it himself.

Something Special.

Old 12-03-2012, 04:45 PM   #5390
88shelz
be positive

I am currently:

His daddy does a feed but has work so I feel bad getting him up. I also have to wake up to tell him Dylan is awake and by the time milk Is ready I'm wide awake from the crying so it can defeat the purpose if I'm not exhausted to the point of not being able to keep my eyes open. Will have to try and get him to take more milk. He takes about 5 bottles of 120ml (4oz) during the day. Compared to the 4oz a day last month we thought we were doing good and a good sleeping habit would happen.

Old 12-03-2012, 05:11 PM   #5391
Mandimoo
Mummy!!

I am currently:

Can you take neocate to bed with you? Either bottle of water and separate powder or a bottle/carton of ready to use milk? Ours fed straight from the fridge as I was told only babies who are taught to like warm milk like their milk warm. I couldn't. E bother so they never got it warm. We'd take a carton scissors and clean bottle to bed to quickly make night feeds. I know people who take their going out kit to bed with them, with the little tubs to put powder in.

Mand, South Wales, Full-time working, single mother to 2 scarily independent girls.
I AM A PROUD PLUMERIA SISTER

Mand x

Mandimoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 06:04 PM   #5392
Popple

We have a baby and a heartbeat! :D
I am so stupidly happy now I can't stop smiling. It was so lovely to see our tiny little blob, I think I breathed out for the first time in a week when she said things look really good!

You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are.

Popple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 06:27 PM   #5393
Mrs Sam
Nothing Special

I am currently:

Oh katy i'm so pleased for you! Did they say how far along you are? I am very angry at that nurse on your behalf for saying it was bad news when nothing was confirmed though.

Shelz elliot takes 5 x 7oz bottles a day and probably leaves 3oz in total over the day and then has one purée on top of it. Do you let him go back to it after maybe 30mins? I find often E fusses after 4oz but give him a break and he finishes the bottle.

I keep the bottles in the fridge and just heat it up to take off the chill but my friend keeps the powder and a hot flask in the babies room and just pours and feeds overnight. Does your hubby take him downstairs while preparing the bottle? E doesn't usually cry for milk but if he did we took him down so not to disturb the oter person.

Something Special.

Old 12-03-2012, 06:35 PM   #5394
Popple

Thanks. It is still early to date accurately because it is before 10 weeks. Things still look behind according to the dates we think which put me at 7 weeks 4 days but baby seems to be catching up fast. So hopefully by the dating scan things will have come on well. I am furious, now we know things are going well we are going to be putting in a complaint. If anything it might stop it happening again! Nobody deserves to be put through all that upset for nothing. She has no good reason to jump to those conclusions!

We got to see the nice nurse who saw us last time today. She was really good last time and seemed very shocked and annoyed about what had happened so got us an extra ultrasound early. It was nice to be able to see her again and thank her.

Old 12-03-2012, 06:50 PM   #5395
Mrs Sam
Nothing Special

I am currently:

I mean it's understandable not to get your hopes up at the time but she should have been neutral and just said she couldn't be sure either way. That's my issue with her. Stupid woman!!

Well you can just get on with being happy parents to be now :) my first scan was at 7 weeks too :)

Something Special.

Old 12-03-2012, 06:55 PM   #5396
Popple

Yeah I wouldn't have minded if she was negative even but said there was a chance things could be okay. I asked was there even a 1% chance and she outright said no. There was no need for that.

Never been as happy as I was when the woman turned around the screen today and pointed out our blob! :D

Old 12-03-2012, 06:59 PM   #5397
Zedebee
It's okay not to be okay

I am currently:

Yay blob =)

The only time you will find real light is when you're searching in the dark..

Zedebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 08:27 PM   #5398
88shelz
be positive

I am currently:

That's great news Katy. Neocate is horrible and the only way we could get Dylan to drink it was warm. He was breastfed before being switched to neocate so isn't used to the sour taste. We tried the flask but found it easier to leave sterilised water an heat it to the exact temp he likes in microwave then add powder. I fight to get the 4oz into Dylan he really hates taking formula. Oh well.

Old 12-03-2012, 08:45 PM   #5399
Mrs Sam
Nothing Special

I am currently:

I take it there isnt another "brand" of formula you can try him on? Have you tried any pregnancy forums for any advice?

It sounds awful having to force him to drink it but at least he's not in pain anymore. Can you mix lots of it in with his pureed foods so he has to drink less?

Something Special.

Old 13-03-2012, 02:51 PM   #5400
squirrelspit

I am currently:

KATY! :D

So happy for you and Pete. You must both be exhausted!

I was at my parents for the last few days, they live in peterborough so we went to the kiddicare store (it was the most terrifying thing ever, the place is huge.. its like ikea for baby things!!!!)

ANYWAY...

We ended up getting a pram. its called an obaby zezu and i think i might be in love with it!

Plus we managed to pursuade them to let us have it for £179.

Im slowly starting to relax and realise that chances are, we will actually have a baby in a few months.

squirrelspit is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)